Country

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach him to fish, feed him for a lifetime. Your are going to have some more skills after this Max. You and the rest of the group. Tell bubba I said hi.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Any news about Easy Wii Linux getting a vWii release?
Actually, for now have you tried this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/coding-v...-you-need-to-know.347626/page-23#post-4783552
running the boot.dol from HBC and just replacing the ppcboot.elf file with the ELF from Easy Wii Linux and seeing if it'll still load the IMG file fine?

If nothing else, it would be SOMETHING for now if it works. It still wouldn't be able to reboot the system like our current ELF file can do and (of course) no 3-core support yet but it would be at least SOME way to run it on vWii.

EDIT NOTE : I think, also, since the Bluetooth and WiFi hardware is a little bit different on vWii than a normal Wii you might still not be able to use THOSE directly but I would HOPE that the rest of it would work.
A USB mouse and Ethernet adapter (and maybe even a USB Bluetooth or WiFi dongle) should be able to replace that part pretty well.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Actually, for now have you tried this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/coding-v...-you-need-to-know.347626/page-23#post-4783552
running the boot.dol from HBC and just replacing the ppcboot.elf file with the ELF from Easy Wii Linux and seeing if it'll still load the IMG file fine?

If nothing else, it would be SOMETHING for now if it works. It still wouldn't be able to reboot the system like our current ELF file can do and (of course) no 3-core support yet but it would be at least SOME way to run it on vWii.

EDIT NOTE : I think, also, since the Bluetooth and WiFi hardware is a little bit different on vWii than a normal Wii you might still not be able to use THOSE directly but I would HOPE that the rest of it would work.
A USB mouse and Ethernet adapter (and maybe even a USB Bluetooth or WiFi dongle) should be able to replace that part pretty well.

No problem :P, I think EWL is nice on Wii, but still slow and 480p resulution didn't help either, I would try Linux again IF WiiU mode gets hacked someday, it should pretty interesting due hardware features.

ÐeltaResero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The MINI Kernel Preview 7 patch has been updated to 3.10.y (https://github.com/DeltaResero/GC-Wii-Linux-Kernel-3.10.y). There was a slight throughput boost and it was a bit more stable in my test compared to the 3.0.y and 3.4.y versions. Things are still slowly breaking, but at least it still works and things that are breaking were already broke to begin with. I'm hoping that when Wayland replaces X that this will also give a slight boost too.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the 3 core "smp" part is the key. Not sure, but it would likely be easier from Wii U side. Maybe Marcan could get some useful "stuff" from Wii U side to help with that smp part (smp the right idea, right acronym?).

ÐeltaResero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Won't you have to rewrite relevant video drivers for wayland though? I didn't think X11 drivers would function in wayland.

I'm not sure yet, but I assume the framebuffer (unlike the Cube driver) would work with only minor changes at least. We still have about a year until distributions such as Ubuntu start moving away from X and even if Wayland doesn't work for us, there will still be a X11 compatibility mode for the foreseeable future anyway.

drakkenshire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You guys know what this means: "you’ll need a Wii U mode exploit. We do have such an exploit, but right now I believe that, if it were released, there wouldn’t be enough developer interest to kickstart a healthy homebrew ecosystem; if e.g. a Linux port to vWii-mode Espresso is developed, I will gladly stand corrected (and such a Linux port would be directly applicable to Wii U mode, modulo a few minor memory mapping differences, so it’s not wasted effort)." (fail0verflow)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys know what this means: "you’ll need a Wii U mode exploit. We do have such an exploit, but right now I believe that, if it were released, there wouldn’t be enough developer interest to kickstart a healthy homebrew ecosystem; if e.g. a Linux port to vWii-mode Espresso is developed, I will gladly stand corrected (and such a Linux port would be directly applicable to Wii U mode, modulo a few minor memory mapping differences, so it’s not wasted effort)." (fail0verflow)

not really no. could you fill us in plzz

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to mean if the 3 core team accomplishes their mission that Marcan will give more information. Not sure if I am reading it correctly. You reading the same thing?

Reactions: ÐeltaResero

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: OriginalHamster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0