Hacking Vita Retroarch Nightly Builds!

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I assume we have to re-add the icons again every time we update our cores? Presumably they get overwritten.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like fun. Tried a nightly build of SNES9x Next two nights ago and was generally pleased with it. So is there any chance of SNES Star Fox running at a good framerate? When I loaded it it tanked to ~30 fps and was choppy as all get out. Really want my classic Star Fox fix...

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like fun. Tried a nightly build of SNES9x Next two nights ago and was generally pleased with it. So is there any chance of SNES Star Fox running at a good framerate? When I loaded it it tanked to ~30 fps and was choppy as all get out. Really want my classic Star Fox fix...

Try disabling Vsync, failing that use CATSFC and disable Vsync, that's The combo I'm using and Star Fox is very playable. Haven't done a frame rate check but it seems well above 30.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@Radius4 - Is there any chance that the naming scheme can be revised?

For example, the bubbles are currently now named as e.g. 'RetroArch fbalpha2012_neogeo' which results in the name of many cores being clipped due to the limited amount of characters that can be displayed. Because the name of the core comes at the end, it often gets clipped off - an example being the FBAlpha cores, which all appear identical as bubbles due to the names being clipped, it's impossible to know which FBAlpha core you are loading without actually loading the core.

Givne the limited amount of characters that can be displayed for the bubbles, it might bet better to put the name of the core first. For example, 'FBAlpha Neo Geo Libretro', 'Genesis Plus GX LibRetro' etc. This would avoid the name of the cores themselves getting clipped.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Radius4 - Is there any chance that the naming scheme can be revised?

For example, the bubbles are currently now named as e.g. 'RetroArch fbalpha2012_neogeo' which results in the name of many cores being clipped due to the limited amount of characters that can be displayed. Because the name of the core comes at the end, it often gets clipped off - an example being the FBAlpha cores, which all appear identical as bubbles due to the names being clipped, it's impossible to know which FBAlpha core you are loading without actually loading the core.

Givne the limited amount of characters that can be displayed for the bubbles, it might bet better to put the name of the core first. For example, 'FBAlpha Neo Geo Libretro', 'Genesis Plus GX LibRetro' etc. This would avoid the name of the cores themselves getting clipped.

Well, the whole thing is automated, and in such automation the nice names don't exist, those are embedded in the core.
I've been thinking about parsing the core info to get a friendlier name but it seems like a PITA

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the reddit link but I'm not understanding how to use retroarc...can someone explain it in bullet points on hot to use / load games off it, including what button to push because it seems likealmost all buttons do something and im not sure if i'm selecting or going to some option.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I read the reddit link but I'm not understanding how to use retroarc...can someone explain it in bullet points on hot to use / load games off it, including what button to push because it seems likealmost all buttons do something and im not sure if i'm selecting or going to some option.
Not meaning to sound rude because I'm not trying to be, but what are you having difficulty with? The menu options do as they say. Use 'Load Content' to load a rom. Ignore 'Load Core' because it doesn't do anything on the Vita and probably never will.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Assuming they're working on it, it'll be worth the wait. Thanks to dynarec, they are excellent cores on the New 3DS. The Vita is obviously much more powerful.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Assuming they're working on it, it'll be worth the wait. Thanks to dynarec, they are excellent cores on the New 3DS. The Vita is obviously much more powerful.

The N3DS clock is 800Mhz, the Vita is limited to 444Mhz although IPC seems to be better.
A test is easy just run some core that's easy on the CPU like gambatte with fast-forward enabled, that will give you an idea of which platform is actually faster

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1