Hacking Vita Retroarch Nightly Builds!

Alex79uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a guide for using Retro Arch anywhere? I've been using emulators and hacking consoles for years, but the only time I've tried Retro Arch was on PC a few months back and didn't really get anywhere with it. Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I downloaded a nightly now and it has vpk files, a whole bunch of them.
I don't want to mess something up so I have to ask

do I install each and every vpk one by one now? It seems some are cores packed in vpk format, is each vpk going to install a separate bubble or is it going to be like on PC where I get a front end and all? I really only need separate bubbles for Vita for the time being

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a nightly now and it has vpk files, a whole bunch of them.
I don't want to mess something up so I have to ask

do I install each and every vpk one by one now? It seems some are cores packed in vpk format, is each vpk going to install a separate bubble or is it going to be like on PC where I get a front end and all? I really only need separate bubbles for Vita for the time being

Install all or the ones you want to play. Each vpk is a standalone install and will create its own bubble (white bubbles, they dont seem to have an icon).

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Thanks, I did as you said and they had the old white space invader on black background for me
but guys I feel that at this point I prefer individual emulators over retroarch
Where do I stay up to date on the individual emulators releases? I'm pretty confused on what's where at the moment mainly because I couldn't figure out how to open the settings and retro arch menu in-game.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Install all or the ones you want to play. Each vpk is a standalone install and will create its own bubble (white bubbles, they dont seem to have an icon).
After you installed the vpk you go into appmeta in ur0: and it would have installed a folder. You can then add a 128x128 image into this folder and reboot the vita and your icon will show in the bubble. I'd recommend doing 1 vpk at a time so you know which folder to edit. There named RETR00001 RETR00002 etc so it's kinda difficult to which core is which. Here's an example of 3 I've done at the bottom
UDVclWt.jpg

Last edited by Columbo2811,
Reactions: Smoker1

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you installed the vpk you go into appmeta in ur0: and it would have installed a folder. You can then add a 128x128 image into this folder and reboot the vita and your icon will show in the bubble. I'd recommend doing 1 vpk at a time so you know which folder to edit. There named RETR00001 RETR00002 etc so it's kinda difficult to which core is which. Here's an example of 3 I've done at the bottom
UDVclWt.jpg
Where did you get the icon for snes?

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok lol I just bought a Pstv on Ebay and I was gonna be pissed if retroarch didn't work xD

No RetroArch is amazing.. playing Neo Geo games on it right now, and saves work great now. :D Just need GBA so I can stop having to use VHBL.

Also the PSTV is great, especially now, best emulation system ever.

Last edited by Yokimari,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UDVclWt.jpg
Here are some more Icons if anyone want them
01 RA Icon Images 2.jpg 01 RA Icon Images 3.jpg 01 RA Icon Images.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up