[Release] A couple of PS Vita Visual Novel English patches

Spazzery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I've worked on a few PS Vita English patches before and I've published pretty much all of them on r/VitaPiracy. For the sake of people finding them more easily, I decided to post them here too (with download links to reddit). If you've been following my patches, there should be nothing new here. But for those who haven't, this is for you:

Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace FULL English Patch v1.0

1678640510626.png

More info (game guide, installation guide, notes) on the reddit post here.
Also posted it here on GBAtemp.

-By Spazzery

------
YU-NO - A Girl that Chants Love at the Bound of this World PC-98 DLC Full English Translation Patch v1.0 [18+]
gRcpYZG.png

"Today I am very excited to announce, that the Yu-No PC-98 English patch on the Vita has finally become a reality! This is a full English translation patch for the Yu-no's PC-98 version on the Vita (PCSG00996), as it came as download only DLC with Yu-no's 2017 remake. Although being called DLC, it doesn't require the remake to be downloaded to play it - it's a separate game.
After many months of hard work and spending my summer and other free time working on this, it’s finally done. This is easily one of the biggest projects I’ve ever worked on, and I'm incredibly happy I was able to do what initially seemed impossible and bring this legendary game to the Vita in English.

Yu-no is an epic 90’s adventure game/point and click visual novel. Ranging from a wide variety of genres from mystery, to real life drama, to exploring an ancient cave to corporate espionage and more. It’s definitely one of the biggest adventure games/visual novels on the Vita with about 45-50 hours of playtime. It's a legendary game, which is known to have influenced many great visual novels that came after it, like Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night."

There's also additional music packs available. They're also in the reddit post.

Contains H-scenes.

-By Spazzery and Lagomorph

------

Steins;Gate 0 English Translation Improvement Patch for Vita v1.0
md9f6ck4mx391.png

"This is a port of Committee of Zero's Steins;Gate 0 translation improvement patch to the Vita.

The official English translation of Steins;Gate 0 on the Vita is pretty poor, with numerous typos and mistranslations, and quite a lot of stuff was even left untranslated. This patch fixes the official translation using Committee of Zero's much improved translation. It also translates untranslated CGs and graphics. Now Steins;Gate 0 can be fully enjoyed on the Vita!"

Not exactly an English patch, but an English translation improvement patch. I think it may the first "translation improvement patch" on the Vita :)
More info on the reddit post here.

-By Spazzery

--------

"Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi" English Patch v1.0 [18+]
hIb8As1.png

"Here's a full English patch for a cute little visual novel called "Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi" (PCSG01205). The game's length is about 3-4h.

I had it lying around on my hard drive for a while, and after finally fixing an issue with the nametags and other issues, I now consider it complete and fully playable."

Contains H-scenes.
There's also a Japanese only 18+ patch (the normal Vita version is "All-ages").

More info on the reddit post
here.

-By Spazzery

--------

"Amamane" English Machine Translation Patch [18+]
yBXXQ6Z.png

"I was tinkering around with this little visual novel that I was once interested in playing called Amamane (PCSG01293), but it had no offical nor unofficial English translation. Thus, to try it out, I decided to translate all the game's text in DeepL and insert it into the game.

After some consideration, I decided to release it. I don't know Japanese, nor do I have an interest in editing the whole game's text. I've made a few small edits, but the vast majority of the game's text is unedited. Yes I'm aware, it's far from perfect, since it's an unedited machine translation. BUT, it's an option to try this game out if you wanted to. And might as well upload it, otherwise it'll just be sitting on my hard drive."

Contains H-scenes.

Currently only machine translated, though I have a person helping me edit the scripts. If it ever gets done, I'll update the reddit post.
here.

-By Spazzery

-------
"Ninki Seiyuu: How to Make a Pop Voice Actress" Full English Patch v0.9
IDT8Zit.png

"Here's an English patch for a visual novel called "Ninki Seiyuu: How to Make a Pop Voice Actress" (PCSG01111). Here are some screenshots of how the game looks.

I initially made this to get some programming experience in Python by writing a massive script to help me replace text in the game. But I couldn't automate everything and still had to do a lot of manual work. Oh well 😛"

-By Spazzery and Lagomorph and Graphene

--------

"Robotics;Notes Elite" FULL English Translation Patch for Vita v1.0
jc7ztifswwf91.png

"Today we've got a special announcement to make: another entry from the SciADV franchise is now translated on our beloved console! This work was a collaboration between Hixty, froid_san and me. Hixty ported over the English translation and translated images; froid_san helped us overcome a huge obstacle that were the mails and Twipo crashing and fixed the font; and I translated the system messages, shortened the TIPS, edited the menu and other images, fixed other small stuff and playtested.

The patch also uses Committee of Zero's Robotics;Notes Elite translation improvement patch as its translation, as the official translation is poor, to say the least."

-A collaboration between Hixty, froid_san and Spazzery
--------

"Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi" - Unofficial Vita port AND English Translation Patch v1.0 [18+]
1674506537797.png

"In the past few weeks I've been up to something fun, and today I have something very awesome to show you: an unofficial port of a PC/PS4 game to the Vita. Plus an English translation patch to boot!

The game in question is a short visual novel called "Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi", also known as "The medical examination diary: the exciting days of me and my senpai" in the west. It's sort of an alternate version to a game called "Boku to Nurse No Kenshuu Nisshi". Here's how the game looks on Vita"

-By Spazzery

--------
[RELEASE] Grisaia Side Episode English Translation Patch for Vita

1678640837527.png

"Today I've got an English patch for a game from a known visual novel series on the Vita - Grisaia Side Episode. It's a collection of 3 short stories in the Grisaia universe. Now, all of the mainline Grisaia games can be read in English on the Vita! 🥳

The game consists of 3 short stories in the Grisaia universe + a little bonus once you've finished all the stories:

Current version: v0.52."

-By Spazzery

--------
[Release] Making*Lovers - Partial English Translation Patch v0.1

1690732031020.png

"I started to look into this game a long time ago, almost the same time when I made my first English patch for the Vita - Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace. Since then, this game has been a big hassle to work on, and I gave up multiple times. But it was always in the back of my mind whether I could do at least something (sunken cost fallacy) for it, since so much time had been put into it, so I strived to make at least a partial patch. And after finally overcoming a game breaking problem, I was now able to create one."

Current version: v0.1

It's a bare bones patch, only translating the prologue and Ako's route in the game. It is possible to translate it fully, but it would take more time and effort which I would like to spend somewhere else. Regardless, this patch should give you at least a solid 2-3 hours of reading this fun game :)

-By Spazzery

--------
[RELEASE] AIR - Full English Translation patch for Vita v1.0

1704728155769.png

"
AIR is a visual novel I've been interested in for a while now, since it's not very long and looks interesting. There already exists a Russian translation for it, and even an English patch for the PSP version, but I love everything that's at a native resolution on the Vita's semi-HD screen. And now, it's finally possible to play the game on the Vita, in English! 😄

I also had a lot of help from FineThenIWill this time (he has also made English patches for Clannad, ISLAND and other games on the Vita)."

Current version: v1.0

Finally a way to play AIR on the Vita in English :D. Took a lot of work from me in the end, but now it's finally done. One caveat is that the last chapter, First Sky, is untranslated, since there's no English translation for it anywhere.

More info in the reddit post here.

-By Spazzery

--------

I've also helped with:
Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram

header.jpg

-By RamennSoup/clarkisidiot and Spazzery
--------

And that's all so far. If I ever make any more English patches, I'll update this thread too. Until then :)

Last edited by Spazzery,

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've worked on a few PS Vita English patches before and I've published pretty much all of them on r/VitaPiracy. For the sake of people finding them more easily, I decided to post them here too (with download links to reddit). If you've been following my patches, there should be nothing new here. But for those who haven't, this is for you:

YU-NO - A Girl that Chants Love at the Bound of this World PC-98 DLC Full English Translation Patch v1.0 [18+]
gRcpYZG.png

"Today I am very excited to announce, that the Yu-No PC-98 English patch on the Vita has finally become a reality! This is a full English translation patch for the Yu-no's PC-98 version on the Vita (PCSG00996), as it came as download only DLC with Yu-no's 2017 remake. Although being called DLC, it doesn't require the remake to be downloaded to play it - it's a separate game.
After many months of hard work and spending my summer and other free time working on this, it’s finally done. This is easily one of the biggest projects I’ve ever worked on, and I'm incredibly happy I was able to do what initially seemed impossible and bring this legendary game to the Vita in English.

Yu-no is an epic 90’s adventure game/point and click visual novel. Ranging from a wide variety of genres from mystery, to real life drama, to exploring an ancient cave to corporate espionage and more. It’s definitely one of the biggest adventure games/visual novels on the Vita with about 45-50 hours of playtime. It's a legendary game, which is known to have influenced many great visual novels that came after it, like Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night."

There's also additional music packs available. They're also in the reddit post.

Contains H-scenes.

-By Spazzery and Lagomorph

------

Steins;Gate 0 English Translation Improvement Patch for Vita v1.0
md9f6ck4mx391.png

"This is a port of Committee of Zero's Steins;Gate 0 translation improvement patch to the Vita.

The official English translation of Steins;Gate 0 on the Vita is pretty poor, with numerous typos and mistranslations, and quite a lot of stuff was even left untranslated. This patch fixes the official translation using Committee of Zero's much improved translation. It also translates untranslated CGs and graphics. Now Steins;Gate 0 can be fully enjoyed on the Vita!"

Not exactly an English patch, but an English translation improvement patch. I think it may the first "translation improvement patch" on the Vita :)

-By Spazzery

--------

"Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi" English Patch v1.0 [18+]
hIb8As1.png

"Here's a full English patch for a cute little visual novel called "Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi" (PCSG01205). The game's length is about 3-4h.

I had it lying around on my hard drive for a while, and after finally fixing an issue with the nametags and other issues, I now consider it complete and fully playable."

Contains H-scenes.

here.

-By Spazzery

--------

"Amamane" English Machine Translation Patch [18+]
yBXXQ6Z.png

"I was tinkering around with this little visual novel that I was once interested in playing called Amamane (PCSG01293), but it had no offical nor unofficial English translation. Thus, to try it out, I decided to translate all the game's text in DeepL and insert it into the game.

After some consideration, I decided to release it. I don't know Japanese, nor do I have an interest in editing the whole game's text. I've made a few small edits, but the vast majority of the game's text is unedited. Yes I'm aware, it's far from perfect, since it's an unedited machine translation. BUT, it's an option to try this game out if you wanted to. And might as well upload it, otherwise it'll just be sitting on my hard drive."

Contains H-scenes.

Currently only machine translated, though I have a person helping me edit the scripts. If it ever gets done, I'll update the reddit post.
here.

-By Spazzery

-------
"Ninki Seiyuu: How to Make a Pop Voice Actress" Full English Patch v0.9
IDT8Zit.png

"Here's an English patch for a visual novel called "Ninki Seiyuu: How to Make a Pop Voice Actress" (PCSG01111). Here are some screenshots of how the game looks.

I initially made this to get some programming experience in Python by writing a massive script to help me replace text in the game. But I couldn't automate everything and still had to do a lot of manual work. Oh well 😛"

-By Spazzery and Lagomorph and Graphene

--------

I also made an English patch for Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace, which you can already find
here on GBAtemp.

I've also helped with:

Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram
Robotics;Notes Elite

And that's all so far. If I ever make any more English patches, I'll update this thread too. Until then :)

PortableGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
If you've been following my patches, there should be nothing new here.
I stopped there lol

Seriously though, great job and it’s nice to see everything referenced in one place.

I love how it feels like each of your projects starts with “this time, I’m gonna automate this crap” and ends with manual processes. All the more kudos to you though.

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Nice to see all of your works in one place, makes it easy to search or archive, also google friendly as most of the time gbatemp comes 1st when searching mods like these.

If could stop being lazy and disorganize, I should also compile my old projects that is not posted here on gbatemp in one post. After all the trouble I went to making xdelta patches to make it kinda legal.

Reactions: zelman and Spazzery

STJebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2 Questions:

1. How hard would it be to add the 18+ patch to Ninki Seiyuu: How to Make a Pop Voice Actress?

2. Is there another game on the Artemis Engine I could use other than Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi and Amamane for Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi

Have all of your translations on my Vita and they're great man!

Spazzery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
2 Questions:

1. How hard would it be to add the 18+ patch to Ninki Seiyuu: How to Make a Pop Voice Actress?

2. Is there another game on the Artemis Engine I could use other than Boku to Nurse no Kenshuu Nisshi and Amamane for Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi

Have all of your translations on my Vita and they're great man!
1. It is possible, but you'd need to look at the commands of the PC version, find the according commands for the Vita version. Then you'd need to manually add every line to the Vita version. The commands are also in plain text, which should make it a bit easier. But I have no plans to make such a patch.

2. Yes. Aside from Amamane, there's https://vndb.org/v22314, https://vndb.org/v21393 and https://vndb.org/v22174. Last one, Mikagami Sumika, I actually machine translated all of the game much like Amamane, but since there was a bug I couldn't fix for accessing some extra scenes, I dropped it. I also don't think there's much demand for raw machine translations for these games :P

STJebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. It is possible, but you'd need to look at the commands of the PC version, find the according commands for the Vita version. Then you'd need to manually add every line to the Vita version. The commands are also in plain text, which should make it a bit easier. But I have no plans to make such a patch.

2. Yes. Aside from Amamane, there's https://vndb.org/v22314, https://vndb.org/v21393 and https://vndb.org/v22174. Last one, Mikagami Sumika, I actually machine translated all of the game much like Amamane, but since there was a bug I couldn't fix for accessing some extra scenes, I dropped it. I also don't think there's much demand for raw machine translations for these games :P
I'm willing to fiddle around and try doing it myself but would you be willing to supply me with a bit of direction? I have the patch.xp3 for the PC version, so I'd find the command lines in there right? Then I'd have to rewrite them in which file on the Vita version?

Awesome thanks! gonna try downloading one of those and patching it with Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi

Spazzery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm willing to fiddle around and try doing it myself but would you be willing to supply me with a bit of direction? I have the patch.xp3 for the PC version, so I'd find the command lines in there right? Then I'd have to rewrite them in which file on the Vita version?

Awesome thanks! gonna try downloading one of those and patching it with Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi
You can contact me on Discord and I'll take a look at the files I have left from the project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright