Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help me! I'm using BatchDPG 1.2 with and AVI video clip. When I convert it, it says something like
"please use this in a DirectShow based media player like Windows Media Player. This message will disappear in 15 seconds.

All I get on dpgenc is a message saying"?????????????".

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is a plain AVI try running it through GSpot or if you have the ability graphedit.
GSpot:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
Graphedit:
Downloads of http://www.doom9.org/ also with various directx packages.

From this you can tell what standards the video uses and what codecs the system is trying to use, posting them here should help as well.

What I suspect has happened is you do not have a directshow codec for either your video or audio (or you do but it has not been given priority), I suggest using FFDShow to decode video (try one from the tryouts or use CCCP) for most things (for h264 I suggest coreavc but you should not have that in an AVI file)
FFsdhow tryouts:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
CCCP:
http://www.cccp-project.net/
You may want to use the new haali splitter released since the last CCCP update:
http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/

If you should have something like k-lite installed I suggest removing it with the CCCP insurgent from the link above.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Great and easy to follow guide m8... thanx alot
smile.gif

Zoltrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to preview/play the converted dpg files on a PC? I've tried VLC player, ffdshow codec, etc. But no luck, sound plays but not video.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Fast6191, all I did was install the CCCP (since I had K-lite) and now it works I finally get to watch homestar on my DS!
smile.gif

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how is version 1.3 looking? Is it worth using yet or should i stick with 1.2? Started to read thru the gbatmw site but 18 pages got me dizzy.

Amleth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A further bit of necromancy here to say that the download link for BatchDPG 1.2 in the first post isn't working right now (the whole utorrent site seems to be down ATM). Is there a mirror anywhere or something? (Google comes up dry...)

I'm eager to try anything that'll give me better quality and configurability than DPGTools.

---

Edit: Nevermind, just found the link to version 1.3 a bit back. I was reading multiple threads at once and thought I'd hit the end of this one when I hadn't.
frown.gif

Amleth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I downloaded the only working link I could find for BatchDPG 1.3 (version 1.3 beta 4 by LS5) and extracted it. (I can't access anything on the utorrent domain, it seems. Is it down?) I have Avisynth and the .NET framework installed, so I thought I was set.

I got a rather long-winded error when I tried to use the program complaining that "mencoder.exe" was missing, so I realised 1.3 was mean to be extracted over the top of the official 1.0 release which had that file present. After doing that. it ran happily for a while, then again crashed with another long-winded error complaining that "mpeg_stat.exe" wasn't present. After searching around, I could only find one "mpeg_stat.exe" up for download anywhere, up on some free mpeg utils site, so I grabbed that and put it in the BatchDPG folder. The program now completes an encode without compaining, but the resulting files do not play. Moonshell reports an error with the video stream. I can't test them with DPGPlay, as I only have version 2.3, which only supports DPG1, not DPG2. The only links I can turn up to 3.0 are on something-or-other.utorrent.com again, and just time out.

So, what am I doing wrong? What obvious step have I missed in the install train? I can't turn up any similar issues to this on Google, and searching error message text also comes up empty. Whether I encode with one pass or several, they won't play. Also, weirdly, each successive pass makes the video smaller, to silly levels. 55MB eps of Family Guy with DPGTools end up as 50MB with BatchDPG, 35MB or so after 4 passes, and 15MB(!) after 24 (ran over night). But none will play...

Any advice would be appreciated, as would alternate download links to any tools I might need that aren't on utorrent.

Amleth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use 1.2 for now, no issues. I'll see what's up with 1.3

I can't actually get version 1.2, though. The only link to a download location I've found is on something-or-other.utorrent.com, and I just can't connect to it. I can't even display "www.utorrent.com" in a browser anymore. I assumed it was just temporarily down or soemthing, but it's been a few days and it still isn't working, and no-one else seems to be having the same problem, so I've gotta assume there's some issue with my ISP or something...

Could someone please point me to a download location for it elsewhere, or (since it's tiny), possibly email it to me? My address is my handle here, but at gmail.

(Also, what was that "mpeg_stat.exe" file it requested, and why was it missing? If I've replaced it with the wrong file, could that be the cause of the wackyness? It doesn't report any errors during conversion...)

Evolution888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive downloaded Batch DPG v1.2 , installed framework and avi synth , installed k-lite codec + CCCP

but everytime i try to convert a video it shows the same damn "directshow" error as mentioned many many times before.....anyone know how to fix it ? >

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get a 1.3 beta (can't remember which one) to work. after it nearly finishes encoding it comes up with a message and fails. i think it was the "mencoder.exe" message as someone said earlier.

i'm satisified with 1.2 for the moment though.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got 1.3 working, But I can't get 1.2 working. It just freezes when I try to convert. What should I do?
Edit: Great...Now 1.3 doesn't work anymore, It just freezes.... I have framework 2.0 and avisynth 2.5.7

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just use 1.2 for now, no issues. I'll see what's up with 1.3

I can't actually get version 1.2, though. The only link to a download location I've found is on something-or-other.utorrent.com, and I just can't connect to it. I can't even display "www.utorrent.com" in a browser anymore. I assumed it was just temporarily down or soemthing, but it's been a few days and it still isn't working, and no-one else seems to be having the same problem, so I've gotta assume there's some issue with my ISP or something...

Could someone please point me to a download location for it elsewhere, or (since it's tiny), possibly email it to me? My address is my handle here, but at gmail.

(Also, what was that "mpeg_stat.exe" file it requested, and why was it missing? If I've replaced it with the wrong file, could that be the cause of the wackyness? It doesn't report any errors during conversion...)

Here's a link. I've uploaded it for ya! http://www.zshare.net/download/batchdpg_v1-2-7z.html

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ive downloaded Batch DPG v1.2 , installed framework and avi synth , installed k-lite codec + CCCP

but everytime i try to convert a video it shows the same damn "directshow" error as mentioned many many times before.....anyone know how to fix it ? ><

Is your AVISynth at least v2.56?

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
I got 1.3 working, But I can't get 1.2 working. It just freezes when I try to convert. What should I do?
Edit: Great...Now 1.3 doesn't work anymore, It just freezes.... I have framework 2.0 and avisynth 2.5.7

Usually, after starting conversion with 1.2, it freezes for a few minutes, but then it starts doing its job. I don't know if this happens on 1.3 as well because I never tried it since it's still a beta.

Try redownloading files to a new directory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8