Homebrew Videos on Moonshell with BatchDPG Guide

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice bit of thread necromancy there jimmy1.

Encoding video is a very performance intensive task, assuming you have a nice codec being used in your original file and a halfway decent system on your hands you will probably get at least real time (I usually get slightly above depending upon what I do and assuming I do not throw in some nice filters).

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
I re-encode my videos that have been encoded with DivX/Xvid on High with the settings posted and they take about 15-20 minutes
smile.gif

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firon, can you update your moonshell tutorial on m3 wiki, i updated thesticks tutorial on scdev.org.

sent you a pm about this.

Thanks, onekelly (heyyouguys)

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CCCP is sucky?
tongue.gif
Not sure why, really. If I had CCCP, I could probably figure out what causes it, but I don't want to ruin my system with codec packs.

Also, updated BatchDPG tutorial, and an improved BatchDPG build. http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Yee_and_..._BatchDPG_Guide
Well, I don't mean to get off topic here, but I just prefer the CCCP because it's a cleaner installation and yet it still provides all the codecs I need, except for BatchDPG problems.

I'll see if I can figure out the problem though, thanks for the tutorial Firon. Great work towards the scene!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CCCP is a fine codec pack and in my opinion infinitely superior to k-lite.
I have had some issues with it and audio in the past although I managed to convert a Xvid video, MP3 audio avi file earlier this evening (latest non beta CCCP installed and the latest batchDPG) I may have played around with some of FFDshows options at some point though and inadvertantly fixed the issue.

As for FFDShow free-codecs does not generally have the best/newest versions available.
clsid's builds are generally considered some of the best though.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941

On an unreleated note I am now about halfway through my advanced DPG authoring guide (just a bunch of example pictures to do) and expect to either stay up late and finish it or have it done at some point over the weekend.

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Firon
I want an all in one package for my codecs, so I can avoid multiple installtions: FFDshow, Hal Splitter, Matrov, etc.

@FAST
Could you show me your FFDshow settings in your CCCP installation that fixed the issue with audio conversions?

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the problem with CCCP is that it uses outdated versions of ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter. That's why I don't like it.

Still, if you figure out how to make it so CCCP works with batchDPG, I'd like to know.

schaap

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got a problem with batchdpg. I'm trying to convert a .wmv file. When I try to convert it with batchdpg, it creates the temp files, but no output. I don't get a converted video, nothing appears in my output dir.

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Updated the guide with the help of Firon who also made an unofficial version of BatchDPG.

He updated BatchDPG to 1.2

Grab the download on the front page!

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way yee, LS5 is back and he's also made an official update (including my changes, but making some of them not optional anymore). So, if you want, you can update for the newest beta, or just wait for the next final.

Oh, and one thing not mentioned in the changelog is that the math for Auto FPS has been changed. Now it's better and I recommend using it again, since it's basically the same as my FPS recommendations.

http://gbatmw.net/index.php?topic=2266.0
http://gbatmw.net/index.php?topic=2266.msg27823#msg27823

QUOTE said:
1.3 beta 2
  * Settings of the Ultra profile are now slightly less (though still very :')) insane.
  * Fixed >3 passes not working correctly.
  * >128kbps bitrates still removed. Not a change at all, but worth mentioning considering the discussion about it.
  * All built-in AviSynth resizers added (except PointResize of course, that would just be silly) for testing purposes. This means Spline16, Spline36 and Gauss are new.
  * When output file already exists, the new file is now renamed to _#.dpg instead of overwriting the old one. # represents the lowest not already existing number, starting with 1.
  * Updated TwoLame to the latest version.

QUOTE1.3 beta 1

* Both the Med and the High profile now use vmax_b_frames=1 in accordance to the above mentioned sites.
  * It's now possible to select an external audio file. This adds a simple AudioDub(last,DirectShowSource("")) to the script.
  * Different resizers. Bicubic has nice results overall, but using a sharper resizer like Lanczos/Lanczos4 might be useful. It kind of forces the encoder to throw more bits at it, which is nice when you don't really care about the filesize (like me).
  * Joint stereo is not optional anymore. There really isn't any reason to use regular stereo as joint stereo sounds better, so now you just have the option to choose between mono and joint stereo (with the latter being the default).
  * In my short testing, joint stereo skipped when audio bitrates above 128 kb/s were used. I don't think many people even use those bitrates so I removed them.
  * The KVCD matrix is not optional anymore either. It provides a smaller filesize without any speed or quality penalty, what more can you ask for?
  * Heavily optimized Firon's multipass code. It worked, but it was kind of hacky and suboptimal. It now loops through the same piece of code for every extra pass it has to make, so it's now possible, in theory, to do as many passes as you'd like. Even krayzie amounts like 327 passes are possible now.
  * Can be compiled with the latest stable AutoIt v3 (and the latest beta too, for that matter).
  * Settings are stored in the INI file in a slightly different way, as it now has subcategories. You don't have to remove the old INI file before using this version, but I recommend to do so anyway. Interesting fact: due to these changes it should be possible to use both this version of BatchDPG and an older version in the same directory while keeping the settings separated.
  * The video conversion failed error wasn't working at all, fixed.
  * Updated MediaInfo to the latest version.
  * About window updated. I feel ashamed that I forgot to mention mrsaturn there earlier, who kindly hosts the website.
  * Lots of internal changes, most of them invisible to the end user.
  * Probably some more things I forgot...

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, what timing. I was just about to update the tutorial on scdev with the info and my findings with batchdpg 1.2. But now I am putting on the breaks and will wait till 1.3 is complete. Thanks to both LS5 and Firon for working on batchdpg.

You just saved me from having to type out the info twice!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: