ROM Hack USUM IPS Patches

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I want to use the % Shiny modifier with the Shiny Lock Removal IPS patch. But they're not working together. Normal PKMN will be shiny but SL pokemon wouldn't
Uuuugh!

Apparently Always shiny and Shiny rate modifier behaved very differently when it comes to different hex bytes for shiny lock,
Turns out that 09 is exactly the same modified hex byte as SM version that's not shiny locked can be encountered as shinies normally with both normal and modified shiny rate works but doesn't work with always shiny patch.

While 01 is shiny-locked you can't get them in normal ways even with normal/modified shiny rate, but will be unlocked when applying with Always shiny patch, I believe that's how Ash-Greninja is considered not shiny-locked but still shiny-locked regardless, that's quite strange.

02 and 03 are permanent shinies for ordinary pokemon that appears in the ultra wormhole, or Event pokemon even if it's random they retain their shininess after resetting the game, yet that still affects shiny-locked mascot legendaries, tapus and gift totems.

18 is well the original hex byte as always which is shiny-locked normally, duh.

anyways, gotta bang my head on the desk.

If you guys have godmode9 I advise you to edit the code.ips in Luma/titles/[titleID] in Hex editor, look for ''00 01 01 45 4F 46'' which is Shiny removal patch if merged with other ips patches, edit the third hex byte whatever you want to change, I'm not going to bother to fix that again, I'll leave that be that way. ^^;

Last edited by Windylacine,
Reactions: Sonansune

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking in the wrong place then. Yeah, I saw it and got it all settled. I should be set until the inevitable v1.1 patch.

TheFireKyuubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been having trouble with the DisableNCF.ips as in that, whenever I try to stream using kit-kat it won't work and I have game patch enabled on luma, and I have the .ips in luma/title/00040000001b5100/. I used the title id from -snip- so is that the problem and if yes, how do I fix it?

Last edited by Issac, , Reason: Removed link to copyrighted content

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I've been having trouble with the DisableNCF.ips as in that, whenever I try to stream using kit-kat it won't work and I have game patch enabled on luma, and I have the .ips in luma/title/00040000001b5100/. I used the title id from 3ds.titlekeys.gq so is that the problem and if yes, how do I fix it?
make sure you are using version specific patch.
make sure the luma you used, it supports ips format patch.
make sure you have a n3ds or n2ds.

KurtKocaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if you do request, but think you can put in a thingy so you don't lose speed in ultra space? or similar? Or so you don't get zapped by the electric balls? or so they don't appear in the first place?

quemtedera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys i need some help... I think I'm doing something wrong xD
More Info:
  • Using a O2DS with Ultra Sun;
  • added the exp ips file (Exp x100.ips) to luma/titles/00040000001b5000/;
  • Made sure that "enable game patching" is checked in the luma configuration screen;
After all that I get into the game and do a battle to test it... still getting the normal amount of exp :c
Am I missing any step?

*Edit*
Renamed the file to 'code.ips'... now the game crashes (gives an exception) whenever I try to start it xD

*Edit 2*
well i guess that the crash was my fault... tried to edit the hexadecimal value to give 10x exp instead of 100x... changed the 64 to A, tried with 0A as well but it keeps crashing... any one know which value I should put? xD

Last edited by quemtedera,

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Would it be posssible to create a patch that removes/r educes real-time waiting in Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza?

More Info:
  • Made sure that "enable game patching" is checked in the luma configuration screen;
After all that I get into the game and do a battle to test it... still getting the normal amount of exp :c
Am I missing any step?

*Edit*
Renamed the file to 'code.ips'... now the game crashes (gives an exception) whenever I try to start it xD

*Edit 2*
well i guess that the crash was my fault... tried to edit the hexadecimal value to give 10x exp instead of 100x... changed the 64 to A, tried with 0A as well but it keeps crashing... any one know which value I should put? xD

Make sure the file is its' original length, and that the other bytes are unchanged (use the screenshot on the first page). Also, are you using the one for your game version? (US won't work with UM as far as I know)

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
More Info:
Am I missing any step?

*Edit*

*Edit 2*

Yes you change the 64 value to 0A for 10x
make sure to use an editor like HxD that will warn you if you accidentally change the file size. it's important it remains the same!

I've played around with different values to make sure the pokemon don't over-level on a new game and I settled for 03, 3x :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*