ROM Hack USUM IPS Patches

dandy562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously?

That isn't that hard just take some of patches of your choice and convert into a single using the Author's merge.py, it requires python. 2.7 or higher to install before using merge.py, it's plain and simple.
yeah sounds easy when you done it before, i just never done this, just saw the thread on fb but never used phyton before or anything like that

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah sounds easy when you done it before, i just never done this, just saw the thread on fb but never used phyton before or anything like that
It is really, really easy. Just read the second set of instructions. There's a big fat red "or" in case you use Windows and don't want to use Python.

I literally never did it before, and it took all of two seconds.

Just learn to read instructions.
xF7LSAv.png

dandy562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is not letting me download the patches, sends me to download page and just reload and reloads, never comes to a download option. same for you?

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
is not letting me download the patch, anybody knows why? mega just keeps refreshing
I'm downloading just fine, did a quick search and it seems sometimes the browser itself is the problem. Can't link the post, but you could google mega keeps reloading.

dandy562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading just fine, did a quick search and it seems sometimes the browser itself is the problem. Can't link the post, but you could google mega keeps reloading.

yes i got it thanks :). so after i create code.ips.... i just add that to my luma folder?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yup, all you do is to install python 2.7 first, once it's installed, go ahead downloading both the ips patch zip-file and merge.py secondly, choose which ips patches to extract into a empty folder as well as putting merge.py into there thirdly and lastly run merge.py to combine all ips patches into one and create a code.ips ready to use by putting it into Luma/titles/TitleID, making sure to toggle game patch/language emulation option.
yes i got it thanks :). so after i create code.ips.... i just add that to my luma folder?
Yes in Luma/titles/TitleID (game ID depending what game you have)

Last edited by Windylacine,
Reactions: dandy562

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible to make an ips patch for ultra moon to make the night and day cycle exactly like the one from ultra sun?
that makes no sense to me.
the whole point of two version game is the different "Time Zone" setting.
if you want moon to have sun time, use pkhex change the game time from moon time to sun time.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just play Sun instead?
that's the thing, I like the ultra moon exclusive pokemon but I don't like the time zone difference cause when I play on the day it will be night in the game and depending on the illumination of the room there will be more reflection on the screen even when playing with the highest brightness level.

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the thing, I like the ultra moon exclusive pokemon but I don't like the time zone difference cause when I play on the day it will be night in the game and depending on the illumination of the room there will be more reflection on the screen even when playing with the highest brightness level.
Use PKHeX like Ericjwg said. It's tied to your save. After you beat the game, go back to the Altar of the Moone with Lunala in your party, swap the time back in PKHeX, then use the in-game timeswapping feature with the Ultra Wormhole so it's completely legitimate.

Reactions: lordkaos

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously speaking, it's just a simple matter of changing the time of your system, or using PKhex (which just got updated) and changing the time on the savefile itself...

(all I'm saying about it)

ZupaaHD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to use the % Shiny modifier with the Shiny Lock Removal IPS patch. But they're not working together. Normal PKMN will be shiny but SL pokemon wouldn't

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a video guide for those of you who can't follow text based instructions.

Please note I just threw random patches together. Not sure if those will work together.

Last edited by Navonod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.