Hacking using r4 ds with ez flash 4 deluxe

yorke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I just got myself an R4 DS and am using it with my ez flash iv deluxe.
One odd thing I've noticed is that if both carts are inserted at the same time, the ds boots up into the EZ IV menu instead of the one of the R4. Would it be possible to configure any autoboot settings to make my ds boot up using the R4 instead?

Thanks.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can flash your DS with the no autoboot version of flashme, that makes it so the Slot 1 gets more priority over slot 2 I believe.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can flash your DS with the no autoboot version of flashme, that makes it so the Slot 1 gets more priority over slot 2 I believe.
Indeed.

Normal FlashMe: no health and safety warning, boots straight to Slot 2 unless you hold select while booting
Stealth FlashMe: health and safety warning intact, boots straight to Slot 2 unless you hold select while booting
No Autoboot FlashMe: no health and safety warning, behaves like the normal firmware unless you hold select to boot slot 2
No Autoboot Stealth FlashMe: combines Stealth with No Autoboot: the health and safety warning stays intact but it behaves like the normal firmware (unless select... you get the idea
laugh.gif
).

I believe you can just install another version without bridging SL1. I'm not sure though...

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Indeed.

Normal FlashMe: no health and safety warning, boots straight to Slot 2 unless you hold select while booting
Stealth FlashMe: health and safety warning intact, boots straight to Slot 2 unless you hold select while booting
No Autoboot FlashMe: no health and safety warning, behaves like the normal firmware unless you hold select to boot slot 2
No Autoboot Stealth FlashMe: combines Stealth with No Autoboot: the health and safety warning stays intact but it behaves like the normal firmware (unless select... you get the idea
laugh.gif
).

I believe you can just install another version without bridging SL1. I'm not sure though...

not really...
Normal FlashMe: no health and safety warning, boots straight to Slot 2 if there are nds files on slot2 2 or if you hold select while booting
Stealth FlashMe: health and safety warning intact, boots straight to Slot 2 if there are nds files on slot2 2 or if you hold select while booting

You need to short sl1 at 66% when switching between normal and noautoboot versions.... If you don't want to flash your ds again you can simply remove all the nds files from slot2 and use it specifically for gba, while you use your nds files only in the slot1

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect ^ If you DS is flashed, even if there aren't any NDS files, it will still boot of an M3 or other flashcart in NDS mode. The 2nd part is right though

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect ^ If you DS is flashed, even if there aren't any NDS files, it will still boot of an M3 or other flashcart in NDS mode. The 2nd part is right though

Depends on how your flashcart is built.

Technically, this is how FlashMe determines whether or not to boot to Slot 2:

Is the title code of the GBA Game Pak "DSBooter"? If yes, boot to Slot 2.
Is the game code of the GBA Game Pak "PASS"? If yes, boot to Slot 2.
Is SELECT held (in older versions, A+B+X+Y)? If yes, boot to Slot 2.
If you're still here, let the firmware take over again.

Edit: Spelling.

warlock110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that's wierd, i think i did something with the DS setting, but my ds with ezflash delux doesn't boot into the delux, it boot into my DS. i think the setting is set within the DS, makes it easier than flashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy