SD card seems to have died on me?

RedSalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I had Twilight Menu on my DS and it was working fine but now it seems the SD card just doesn't want to work anymore, I thought maybe it was the adapter so I tried a different one with no luck and then tried connecting it to my pc and phone and neither seemed to read the SD, I can still use the DS as I configured it to load the cartridge when holding the B button on boot up. Is there any way I can fix this with maybe a new SD card or am I stuck with only the R4 cartridge from now on?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had Twilight Menu on my DS and it was working fine but now it seems the SD card just doesn't want to work anymore, I thought maybe it was the adapter so I tried a different one with no luck and then tried connecting it to my pc and phone and neither seemed to read the SD, I can still use the DS as I configured it to load the cartridge when holding the B button on boot up. Is there any way I can fix this with maybe a new SD card or am I stuck with only the R4 cartridge from now on?
Double check the SD card with h2testw for any errors. Fake cards often have this issue.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will try this but I honestly don't think it was a fake as I used it for quite a while on my old phone before formatting it and moving it to the DS
Do you know what flashcart you have? If so, post pics here.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, my R4 works fine. The one that stopped working is the one with TM+ I keep on the SD adapter slot, I guess I wasn't all that clear on the original post.
I mean what R4 card do you have? There are dozens of clones out there in the wild. A picture will definitely help, for sure.

RedSalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I mean what R4 card do you have? There are dozens of clones out there in the wild. A picture will definitely help, for sure.

I know you can run TM on the R4 but I was not using mine for it, I was using the actual console itself to run it on bootup, I can still take a pic of the R4 but I don't think it has anything to do with the SD that no longer works as I never used for anything R4 related.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can still take a pic of the R4 but I don't think it has anything to do with the SD that no longer works as I never used for anything R4 related.
There are early R4 cards that do NOT support larger SDHC cards, only to 2GB. That's why I'm asking this. :P

RedSalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There are early R4 cards that do NOT support larger SDHC cards, only to 2GB. That's why I'm asking this. :P

Oh, mine is one of those as I think it has a 2013 on the front. Still works fine and I never really bothered replacing it as I got my 3DS and started to use that one a lot more, I just left it there and never really touch it outside of changing games and adding some homebrew apps. So using TM on it just doesn't seem posible.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, mine is one of those as I think it has a 2013 on the front. Still works fine and I never really bothered replacing it as I got my 3DS and started to use that one a lot more, I just left it there and never really touch it outside of changing games and adding some homebrew apps. So using TM on it just doesn't seem posible.
Oh yes, those will work with a SD card up to 32GB formatted to FAT32. Have you tried a different SD card with it?

RedSalt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh yes, those will work with a SD card up to 32GB formatted to FAT32. Have you tried a different SD card with it?

I haven't really tried changing the SD as I didn't really needed to and I'd rather not touch the R4 in case it somehow also stops working and I end up with nothing to use the DS for a while. Is there any way I can just use a brand new SD and replace the one on the SD adapter slot with all the TM+ files or are there extra steps I need to take as it's been a while since I added it to the console

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't really tried changing the SD as I didn't really needed to and I'd rather not touch the R4 in case it somehow also stops working and I end up with nothing to use the DS for a while. Is there any way I can just use a brand new SD and replace the one on the SD adapter slot with all the TM+ files or are there extra steps I need to take as it's been a while since I added it to the console
Its practically the same card as all the other clones, shouldn't hurt to swap the SD card over. They have gotten cheaper over the years, AliExpress sells them for around $2-$4 a pop.

I do recommend following this guide: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-flashcard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1