Gaming Updating Streetpass Plaza removes cia installed games and invalidates cia

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he should be more specific... :ph34r:
If you go back and read (just saying, not being a smart ass) a lot of other people here agree with you, lol. Scared a LOT of people, hahaha. Kinda funny tbh, especially since no damage was done. If this was a troll (and I don't think it was) it would be a damn good one! haha.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did anybody else get the new streetpass games for free without downloading the DLC cia? Because when I went to one of the games it said I already had it downloaded on my SD card and asked if I wanted to re download it for free. That happened for every single one lol.
Same here. I had the 4.0 DLC installed, is it because of that maybe? Is there like a season pass for streetpass plaza or something? Either way I updated via the update option in the plaza, and it worked fine and gave me ALL the games for free..... odd, but not complaining.

Let's start by remembering that a "cia" is an installer package for a "title", containing one or more "contents" or partitions.

Most cias have at most 3 contents/partitions:
0 = the application itself
1= the manual
2 = package to be sent to other consoles for download play

It's easy to understand that these 3 things are part of a complete package, encrypted (at the outer level) with the same titlekey: in fact, the only way to not install some of these is to edit the cia and manually removing them!

Now, DLCs have a different structure. There's usually only one cia per matching main game; that cia has one partition per single DLC, and when you buy them on the console you obviously only get the single partition(s) you requested [when working via the eShop, there's no such thing as a cia: work is done on individual tickets and contents/partitions]

This however doesn't change that, while your eShop account knows very well you only own "title 0004008c00020800 content 5" (and as most of you have experienced, this is aggressively policed with unlicensed DLC being removed on eShop access), the ticket itself would technically allow you to access any DLC part of the same title! (Only Home, with its 400 and counting themes, has more than one add-on title)

And finally, when you download a cia using only titleid and titlekey instead of the full ticket, details such as which contents you own are lost, and the downloader software assumes (given how this is never a wrong choice ( ° ʖ °) ) that you want to download all contents!

This is why 1- the 5.x dlc cia was instantly available from titlekey tools, 2- people who aren't victim to DLC deletion (those who installed them before eShop had a reason to know which DLC they own for that title) not only keep them but have access to future content!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already