Hacking [Update] R4i Gold 3DS [and DSTWO] firmware update to support 6.1.0-X RELEASED

SqueakyClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought mine from NDS-Card. It is a rev C Dorasu card without the white dot. No update on a 3DS or a DS Phat and tried everything.

Fired several emails to NDS-Card. No answers yet.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought mine from NDS-Card. It is a rev C Dorasu card without the white dot. No update on a 3DS or a DS Phat and tried everything.

I'm in the same exact situation. In the end, I'm just going to keep it and use it as a DS Lite card.

Roswell Spell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Revision C konami R4 and i updated the firmware and did the patch on an old NDS Phat and it works fine on 6.1.0-11u without the line cut and it looks just like the card in the update document. So is the line cut even needed?

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
Yep dunno but maybe just Rydian says debends reviosion. Konami digital icon without white dot upgrade fine.
That justst newer card thant dorasu non rts. Ifooled to buy non rts dorasu c sprecial price card that cannot upgrade .

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have Revision C konami R4 and i updated the firmware and did the patch on an old NDS Phat and it works fine on 6.1.0-11u without the line cut and it looks just like the card in the update document. So is the line cut even needed?

Nope, if your card is working just fine, there is no need to cut the signal line.

HT3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohworld.com
XP
Country
My Rev C RTS card from ZhuZhuChina (bought April 2013) has no white dot and won't update.

I'm not buying another card, as I've already had to buy a second R4i Gold as my last one became un-updateable.

djnaff

Trophies
Website
adrenalin23.co.uk
XP
Country
pLEjSMt.jpg

White dot one updated the other didnt
both from the same order from ZhuZhuChina

SqueakyClean

Trophies
XP
Country

NDS-Card just emailed me and offered to send me a new R4i Gold, which makes me believe that there's no solution for R4i Dorasu rev C cards without the white dot.

Great service by NDS-Card btw. Hoped they would replace the "defective" card (it worked flawlessly for two months) but didn't expect it. Pleasantly surprised by them! :yay:

sp00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and updated to 6.1 and my R4i 3DS (non RTS) still works fine, so I can also confirm that the latest update didn't do anything to disable the R4i 3DS.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I sorta read through the 16 pages of this forum about updating my R4i 3ds Gold card, my 3ds is still at 5.1.0U. So, I'm suppose to follow the directions on their website (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/). About updating through my ds lite and finishing up on the 3ds and then cut a piece from the memory board?? WTF really? I've seen the video on the website and it's kinda vague, not sure what I'm slicing or how much to slice. Any help?? Thanks

Nargath

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm another Rev C R4i RTS Dorasu cart with no white dot that cannot get past Check Disk: Fail.

• I wiped all content off my microSD, put on fresh Wood files from r4ids.cn, and the firmware too.
  • Put R4i in my non-updated 3DS (its still running 5.1.0-11E), ran Dorasu
  • Ran the 3DS firmware, Check Disk: Fail
  • Took cart out and put it in an old DS lite
  • Ran Dorasu, and ran the NDS firmware. Got Check Disk: Fail again
  • For good measure, while in the DS lite, I ran the 3DS firmware. Same thing.
Have contacted my supplier (only bought it back in April from modsupplier.com), in case they have a slightly different file config. But they say they are an r4ids.cn partner, so I'm assuming its the same process

aznkid23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I have a R4i Gold 3DS game cart with that quiz game and my firmware on my 3DS is 4.5.0-10.

So, my question is, can I update my cart up to the latest update (6.1.0-12) through the instructions found on the first post?

I am a bit worried since I am not sure what the official site (http://r4ids.cn) mean when they say: R4i Gold 3DS can support the newest 3DS Ver.6.1.0-X directly (as long as your card supported V6.0.0-X before)

Thanks in advance

SqueakyClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm another Rev C R4i RTS Dorasu cart with no white dot that cannot get past Check Disk: Fail.

• I wiped all content off my microSD, put on fresh Wood files from r4ids.cn, and the firmware too.
  • Put R4i in my non-updated 3DS (its still running 5.1.0-11E), ran Dorasu
  • Ran the 3DS firmware, Check Disk: Fail
  • Took cart out and put it in an old DS lite
  • Ran Dorasu, and ran the NDS firmware. Got Check Disk: Fail again
  • For good measure, while in the DS lite, I ran the 3DS firmware. Same thing.
Have contacted my supplier (only bought it back in April from modsupplier.com), in case they have a slightly different file config. But they say they are an r4ids.cn partner, so I'm assuming its the same process
When it fails, eject the card and put it back in, like in the video from r4ids.cn.
If it fails again, no update for you! :hateit:

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I have a R4i Gold 3DS game cart with that quiz game and my firmware on my 3DS is 4.5.0-10.

So, my question is, can I update my cart up to the latest update (6.1.0-12) through the instructions found on the first post?

I am a bit worried since I am not sure what the official site (http://r4ids.cn) mean when they say: R4i Gold 3DS can support the newest 3DS Ver.6.1.0-X directly (as long as your card supported V6.0.0-X before)

Thanks in advance

The "supported directly" just means all R4i Golds from now on will be shipped with the latest update in a new card revision that doesn't have the white line that's supposed to be cut.

EDIT
If the R4i accepts you running the .nds update file, the instructions in the first post should work.

will1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone help me please?

I've just bought a R4i "RTS" 3DS already with firmware 5.1.0.11-U, and in the beginning of this month I bought my 3DS XL with 5.1.0.11-U from a guy. Everything was right, but I accidentally update my 3DS first to 6.0.0.11-U:glare:.

Ok I used to have the first R4 version for my DS lite in 2008, after this I migrated to Acekard 2i when I bought my DSI XL in 2010, my DS lite was stolen, to bad man:cry:, I know how to update the acekard, now I came back to R4i and I see that this last update are different now, there's something wrong, when I try to update my R4i "RTS" to 6.0.0.11-U there's a black is screen and when I retire the R4 to update and put it again, it continuous failing, Can I fix this problem, my DSi XL has the firmware 1.4.4.U, I made this video to try to solve my issues, please take a look on it:

Elnef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me please?

I've just bought a R4i "RTS" 3DS already with firmware 5.1.0.11-U, and in the beginning of this month I bought my 3DS XL with 5.1.0.11-U from a guy. Everything was right, but I accidentally update my 3DS first to 6.0.0.11-U:glare:.

Ok I used to have the first R4 version for my DS lite in 2008, after this I migrated to Acekard 2i when I bought my DSI XL in 2010, my DS lite was stolen, to bad man:cry:, I know how to update the acekard, now I came back to R4i and I see that this last update are different now, there's something wrong, when I try to update my R4i "RTS" to 6.0.0.11-U there's a black is screen and when I retire the R4 to update and put it again, it continuous failing, Can I fix this problem, my DSi XL has the firmware 1.4.4.U, I made this video to try to solve my issues, please take a look on it:

I have the same card and the same problem. That model can't be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work