Hacking Update for 4.3.0-10 is coming!

NicEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I sent the Acekard team an email indirectly asking when the update for 4.3.0-10 is coming and this is what I got today:

Hi,

First of all,thank you very much for your attention and favour to Acekard.

And sorry for our delay on releasing the Acekard 2i update for 3DS 4.3.

We are working on the 3DS 4.3 update for AK2i.

We'll release it on www.acekard.com once we finish.Approximately it will be released within a week.

Kind regards

A.K

Reactions: yuyuyup

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It was obvious they where working on this but i dont know why but the ak team takes too much time to make the updates (compared with to other teams that make the updates in about 24-48hr)
As explained in other threads the Acekard team are trying to conserve their updates. Unlike the DSTwo, the Acekard has limited space to use for the ROM information that needs to be stored in order to trick the system into thinking it's a DS game. Games that are exploitable using this system are becoming more and more scarce for the Acekard team, so they're trying to strategize when they release their updates in order to keep their card alive longer.

Personally I think they should just develop another flashcard, perhaps something that can compete with the DSTwo in terms of features or at least something that can hold more ROM information.

EDIT: Also, I'm almost 100% positive I saw someone else who claimed the same thing like...a week ago.

Chrona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if you just got a new XL and did a system transfer to it, you have to update both 3DSes to 4.3, which is kinda annoying. Really looking forward to this update :D

Sesh54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought an Acekard but my 3DS is updated so I've been waiting for the update for so long. I really hope this is true and that it'll come out soon :lol:

mtbelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to let anyone with an ARDSI know I have gotten mine to load on newest 3DS update. just have it in the AR DSI and load the game and it worked for me. Just and FYI.

BlueMaxima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a 3DS XL hoping that it would have an outdated firmware, and it does, so I'm able to play my Acekard fine, but I'm still hoping the patch for 4.3 (or possibly 4.4) comes out soon.

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd take that e-mail with a grain of salt, it's an automated message, there was some one over on a different forums who had sent the same e-mail three weeks ago and got the same message, what has been said by several others is that they are holding out until another patch arrives which seems very probable.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swear it doesnt look like we are gonna see an update anytime soon.....

The longer they wait, the more likely it seems like it'll just end up before (Update, then new Firmware, then another month wait)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you have to remember that acekard never advertised the flash kit as being updatable. when the first update was released we were all pretty surprised. they could stop releasing updates tomorrow and we would have still had years of use past what was printed on the features list.

as stated previously, in many threads, all over gbatemp, thanks to rydian, the ak2i uses an older design. it requires data from the game to sit on the card. there is a limited number of roms they can use. if they give us a fix the day after, then nintendo does another back-to-back update, we lose 1 exploit. acekard is starting to wait longer and longer between updates, so perhaps the limited number of roms is actually really limited.

-another world

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tbh stuff like Microsoft Sam sound way more natural that the tik tok tts