Deviss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,can you please help me?
I own a 3DS on 11.2.0-35. It's been a long time since I touched it bc I was busy with school.

I remember my brother using soundhax for Homebrew Launcher (giving me acess through the 3DS music player).
I also have Hourglass9 v1.10, Luma v5.5, GodMode9 Explorer v0.9.2 and FBI v2.3.3.
I want to sell the 3DS (bc I have another) so I want to either remove all the CFW or update it all.
Problem is I have no idea how can I proceed from where I am...
I've been trying to figure it out by seeing the news,following videos but I haven't been sucessful...

Also,sorry if it's the wrong place.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
If you want to remove the CFW, just remove all of your installed apps and use SafeA9LHInstaller to remove ARM9LoaderHax. You can then empty the SD card and format the system if you really want. If you want to update everything without removing CFW, just follow 3ds.guide on how to go from A9LH to B9S.

Sent from my cave of despair where I don't stalk Seriel

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you would like to uninstall Custom Firmware and A9LH, follow this guide: https://pastebin.com/bc1jF0TT

It really depends on whenever you'd also like to remove custom software as well as removing it from your activity log. In this case, use a backup from the day before installing A9LH.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,can you please help me?
I own a 3DS on 11.2.0-35. It's been a long time since I touched it bc I was busy with school.

I remember my brother using soundhax for Homebrew Launcher (giving me acess through the 3DS music player).
I also have Hourglass9 v1.10, Luma v5.5, GodMode9 Explorer v0.9.2 and FBI v2.3.3.
I want to sell the 3DS (bc I have another) so I want to either remove all the CFW or update it all.
Problem is I have no idea how can I proceed from where I am...
I've been trying to figure it out by seeing the news,following videos but I haven't been sucessful...

Also,sorry if it's the wrong place.
Removing CFW is not recommended. Whom are you selling the 3DS to?

I am on b9s 1.0 and luma 7 can i upgrade to 11.5 without upgrading b9 or luma
You can safely update to 11.5 using B9S v1.0 and Luma3DS 7.1. However, in order to be able to use newer versions of Luma3DS, updating B9S to v1.2 is required.

Deviss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want to remove the CFW, just remove all of your installed apps and use SafeA9LHInstaller to remove ARM9LoaderHax. You can then empty the SD card and format the system if you really want. If you want to update everything without removing CFW, just follow 3ds.guide on how to go from A9LH to B9S.

Sent from my cave of despair where I don't stalk Seriel

If you would like to uninstall Custom Firmware and A9LH, follow this guide: https://pastebin.com/bc1jF0TT

It really depends on whenever you'd also like to remove custom software as well as removing it from your activity log. In this case, use a backup from the day before installing A9LH.

Thank you!

Removing CFW is not recommended. Whom are you selling the 3DS to?

You can safely update to 11.5 using B9S v1.0 and Luma3DS 7.1. However, in order to be able to use newer versions of Luma3DS, updating B9S to v1.2 is required.

Thank you! May I ask why is not recommended? I'm selling to someone with 0 understanding of CFW. Since the 3DS won't turn on without the SD card, i'm afraid the person might delete the contents or try to install something new and then say it's my fault for not turning on anymore. This is why I would prefer to remove it completely or at least give it a last CFW version...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! May I ask why is not recommended? I'm selling to someone with 0 understanding of CFW. Since the 3DS won't turn on without the SD card, i'm afraid the person might delete the contents or try to install something new and then say it's my fault for not turning on anymore. This is why I would prefer to remove it completely or at least give it a last CFW version...
There are several reasons why it's recommended that you not remove CFW:
  • Functionally, there's no real difference between an OFW 3DS and a CFW 3DS if the user doesn't care about using CFW features.
  • By leaving CFW, you are giving the user the opportunity to use CFW features now or in the future.
  • By removing CFW, you are going to make installing CFW in the future very difficult.
  • You can add the proper file (the Luma3DS boot.firm or arm9loaderhax.bin) to the CTRNAND so the 3DS will boot without the file being on the SD card.
  • The user would likely appreciate having an app like freeShop.
  • 3DS systems tend to sell for more money with CFW installed.
  • If the 3DS has been banned from online play (or flagged to be banned during a future banwave), then having CFW will be required to be able to unban the 3DS.
I recommend you do the following to the 3DS:
  1. Download Luma3DS 7.0.5 and put the arm9loaderhax.bin onto the root of your SD card.
  2. Follow this guide from beginning to end to update A9LH to B9S.
Following the guide in Step #2 will install B9S, update Luma3DS to the latest version, put Luma3DS onto the CTRNAND so the 3DS boots without an SD card, and (if you follow the red warning at the beginning) minimize the risk of the 3DS being banned.

Deviss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are several reasons why it's recommended that you not remove CFW:
  • Functionally, there's no real difference between an OFW 3DS and a CFW 3DS if the user doesn't care about using CFW features.
  • By leaving CFW, you are giving the user the opportunity to use CFW features now or in the future.
  • By removing CFW, you are going to make installing CFW in the future very difficult.
  • You can add the proper file (the Luma3DS boot.firm or arm9loaderhax.bin) to the CTRNAND so the 3DS will boot without the file being on the SD card.
  • The user would likely appreciate having an app like freeShop.
  • 3DS systems tend to sell for more money with CFW installed.
  • If the 3DS has been banned from online play (or flagged to be banned during a future banwave), then having CFW will be required to be able to unban the 3DS.
I recommend you do the following to the 3DS:
  1. Download Luma3DS 7.0.5 and put the arm9loaderhax.bin onto the root of your SD card.
  2. Follow this guide from beginning to end to update A9LH to B9S.
Following the guide in Step #2 will install B9S, update Luma3DS to the latest version, put Luma3DS onto the CTRNAND so the 3DS boots without an SD card, and (if you follow the red warning at the beginning) minimize the risk of the 3DS being banned.

This happened to me in the past:

Me and my brother sold a 3DS with CFW and 2 weeks after the buyer said it was our fault and wanted to return the 3DS (we didn't accept it ofc).
I have no idea of what happened, perhaps it was nothing to do with the CFW, the person was only testing and ended up bricking it :unsure:. To play safe,this time I wanted to either remove it (so it won't complain again for this matter) of try to update it and sell to someone that understands the at least the basics for a higher price.

I'm not very good with this CFW thing either. My brother is the one does the process, but he's travelling for 6 months now,with no time available. I only try to understand by looking on the side. That's why i'm so lost now...

I'll try what you described. I'll come back here later to say if it was successful. Thank you!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me in the past:

Me and my brother sold a 3DS with CFW and 2 weeks after the buyer said it was our fault and wanted to return the 3DS (we didn't accept it ofc).
I have no idea of what happened, perhaps it was nothing to do with the CFW, the person was only testing and ended up bricking it :unsure:. To play safe,this time I wanted to either remove it (so it won't complain again for this matter) of try to update it and sell to someone that understands the at least the basics for a higher price.

I'm not very good with this CFW thing either. My brother is the one does the process, but he's travelling for 6 months now,with no time available. I only try to understand by looking on the side. That's why i'm so lost now...

I'll try what you described. I'll come back here later to say if it was successful. Thank you!
It's possible the user deleted the CFW files from the SD card, causing the 3DS to power off a second after booting. By following the guide and putting the Luma3DS boot.firm onto the CTRNAND, the 3DS will boot successfully without an SD card.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
3DS Systems with CFW pre installed generally sell for more. So I recommend updating from A9LH to B9S with 3ds.guide then using Luma Updater to ofc update Luma.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As for me, if I was selling any Nintendo 3DS console, I would always state whenever or not that it has CFW on it (even say that it's jailbroken). Also, not everyone wants a Nintendo 3DS console with CFW on it. With that said...
It's possible the user deleted the CFW files from the SD card, causing the 3DS to power off a second after booting. By following the guide and putting the Luma3DS boot.firm onto the CTRNAND, the 3DS will boot successfully without an SD card.
Not everyone is as intelligent as us, sadly. There's bound to be many people who would otherwise do dumb things like remove the .firm file from the console then complain that it's no longer working anymore and then throwing it out. I'd be very careful about selling a console while it still has CFW on it, as long as the person states that it has Custom Firmware on it.
3DS Systems with CFW pre installed generally sell for more. So I recommend updating from A9LH to B9S with 3ds.guide then using Luma Updater to ofc update Luma.
Yep, it's true that the consoles do actually sell for more when they've got CFW, but also can sell for more if they're on an earlier firmware version (without using any downgrades). But if there's anyone who doesn't know how custom firmware functions or how it operates, then the risk is that they end up thinking that it's broken or something if they end up deleting the .firm file.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone is as intelligent as us, sadly. There's bound to be many people who would otherwise do dumb things like remove the .firm file from the console then complain that it's no longer working anymore and then throwing it out. I'd be very careful about selling a console while it still has CFW on it, as long as the person states that it has Custom Firmware on it.
Putting the Luma3DS boot.firm onto the CTRNAND prevents this possibility from occurring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far