Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone.
I'm a newbie to cfw and I'm a little scared with what happened.
I have a 3ds xl that I bought second hand and it came with FBI.
I activated parental control and then I wanted to remove it, but it told me something like I couldn't remove it because there was missing data.
So I opted for the step I was missing, which was to enter the password recovery email, believing that by not entering the email it would not let me deactivate it.
The surprise and my concern was that in the confirmation email it said "this email address has been associated with the device with serial number xxxxxxxxxx.
And now, can Ninty control my console in some way since it has an email associated with a serial number?
Or should I just let it go as it is an automatic response email?
I don't play online and after making this noob error I formatted the console but I saw that the FBI app was still there.
I would appreciate any help since I am a little scared with this whole topic.
Thank you very much, greetings.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.
I'm a newbie to cfw and I'm a little scared with what happened.
I have a 3ds xl that I bought second hand and it came with FBI.
I activated parental control and then I wanted to remove it, but it told me something like I couldn't remove it because there was missing data.
So I opted for the step I was missing, which was to enter the password recovery email, believing that by not entering the email it would not let me deactivate it.
The surprise and my concern was that in the confirmation email it said "this email address has been associated with the device with serial number xxxxxxxxxx.
And now, can Ninty control my console in some way since it has an email associated with a serial number?
Or should I just let it go as it is an automatic response email?
I don't play online and after making this noob error I formatted the console but I saw that the FBI app was still there.
I would appreciate any help since I am a little scared with this whole topic.
Thank you very much, greetings.
Go to this site: https://mkey.salthax.org/
Enter the inquiry no. into the site when you select 'Forgotten PIN', then enter the code that you have received.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I formatted the console but I saw that the FBI app was still there.
Formatting by definition is supposed to remove everything. How did you format the console, and where are you seeing the FBI app?

I am a little scared with this whole topic.
Online services are going to be terminated in three months. There's nothing to lose.

Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Formatting by definition is supposed to remove everything. How did you format the console, and where are you seeing the FBI app?

Online services are going to be terminated in three months. There's nothing to lose.
I seem to remember that the path was: console configuration, other options, formatting.
It took a while and then the console came back like new, in fact I don't have Wi-Fi connections or ID.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to remember that the path was: console configuration, other options, formatting.
It took a while and then the console came back like new, in fact I don't have Wi-Fi connections or ID.
You didn't answer the other question. Where are you seeing the FBI app? Did it appear on the Home menu immediately after you formatted the system, or are you seeing it somewhere else?

Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You didn't answer the other question. Where are you seeing the FBI app? Did it appear on the Home menu immediately after you formatted the system, or are you seeing it somewhere else?
I saw it in the home menu, immediately after formatting.
Could you tell me if I should be worried because the email has been associated with the serial number of the console? It's what worries me the most.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw it in the home menu, immediately after formatting.
That is extremely strange.

Could you tell me if I should be worried because the email has been associated with the serial number of the console? It's what worries me the most.
The worst thing Nintendo could do at this point is lock you out of online services, and like I said, that hardly matters anymore.

Didn't formatting the system remove the parental lockout?

Reactions: Tape_Echo

Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, the parental control seems to have been completely removed after formatting. It seems strange to me to associate a serial number with an email for this action. I hope formatting has removed this association.
Did I do something wrong because I didn't completely delete FBI?
After formatting I was able to continue using the console normally, although it was empty of games and apps, except FBI.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the parental control seems to have been completely removed after formatting. It seems strange to me to associate a serial number with an email for this action.
The E-mail would have been associated with the NNID that would have been associated with the console. Formatting definitely removed the NNID.

Did I do something wrong because I didn't completely delete FBI?
If you did what you said you did, then there's really nothing you could have done differently. Maybe the previous owner did something strange.

Just follow https://3ds.guide/checking-for-cfw and https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .

Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't know what the previous owner would do, because I haven't been able to contact him since he sold it to me.
I know I had his ID in the console because I saw it, but when I formatted it it was no longer there, as is normal.
Regarding the serial number, can N access the record or history of said number and see what has been used in said console? like apps and .cia. Because I haven't reconnected it to the internet out of fear.
I thank you for the attention you are having with me.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding the serial number, can N access the record or history of said number and see what has been used in said console? like apps and .cia. Because I haven't reconnected it to the internet out of fear.
I thank you for the attention you are having with me.
As Kwyjor said, it does not matter. They aren't going to do anything about this console.
If you don't want them to see what you're doing on it, you can go into the settings and disable the options to share what you do on the console (spotpass) and hide showing what you're playing in the friends list. Then nobody knows.

Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As Kwyjor said, it does not matter. They aren't going to do anything about this console.
If you don't want them to see what you're doing on it, you can go into the settings and disable the options to share what you do on the console (spotpass) and hide showing what you're playing in the friends list. Then nobody knows.
Hello! I don't really use the console to play online, I only play offline. Should I still deactivate or activate those options that you have recommended even if I don't have the console connected to Wi-Fi?
thank you so much

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I don't really use the console to play online, I only play offline. Should I still deactivate or activate those options that you have recommended even if I don't have the console connected to Wi-Fi?
thank you so much
It doesn't matter. This is a console over a decade old that was phased out long ago. You aren't going to get banned or anything if your Internet stays on.
I say this as someone who has been part of the 3DS scene for 7+ years and has had Internet on for the majority of those years.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there was something to worry about, then someone would have mentioned it by now.

If you are determined to keep worrying, then that's on you.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Go to this site: https://mkey.salthax.org/
Enter the inquiry no. into the site when you select 'Forgotten PIN', then enter the code that you have received.
mkey.salthax hasn't worked on 3DS last time I checked, Nintendo updated the algorithm on new firmwares.

You can however install 3DSident, there's a tab that tells you the parental control PIN.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you so much
No, you can leave them. If you’re not going online then there’s no earthly way Nintendo could know what you’re doing even if they were looking for it.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mkey.salthax hasn't worked on 3DS last time I checked, Nintendo updated the algorithm on new firmwares.
That particular site hasn't been updated, but there's an offline version that works. (I thought I read something about someone hosting the newer version somewhere too.)

It doesn't really matter anymore since OP formatted the unit.

Tape_Echo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your answers and advice. It is a pleasure to be able to be in a forum with people like you.
You have dispelled many doubts I had and it is great. Now I play much calmer and enjoying the games.
I'm sorry if my English is not very good.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answers and advice. It is a pleasure to be able to be in a forum with people like you.
You have dispelled many doubts I had and it is great. Now I play much calmer and enjoying the games.
I'm sorry if my English is not very good.
No problem--you're fine!
We're here for all your questions. Don't worry if it sounds dumb. There's no harm in asking a question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto