Unfounded rumour: Hackers planning third attack on Sony

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
Well I'm a Christian and I'm damn proud of it. (Got a problem haters? atheists? Deal with it.)

If you're gonna lump atheists in there, you might as well add everyone who disagrees with your faith. Jews and Muslims for example.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
jerome27 said:
Well I'm a Christian and I'm damn proud of it. (Got a problem haters? atheists? Deal with it.)

If you're gonna lump atheists in there, you might as well add everyone who disagrees with your faith. Jews and Muslims for example.

I've never had a problem with those groups. Jews and Muslims never attack my faith. Atheists and haters, not so much. By the way, my Grandma is Jewish and last fall we went to the wedding of one my closest friends who is a Muslim. I was surrounded by at least 200 Muslims and all of them treated me with respect and kindness. I have great respect for all faiths when applied properly.

But my feelings about other religions is not the issue. Sony is an evil corporation and they're getting exactly what they deserve. Feel the wrath of god you sleaze bag company. You burned literally billions of people with your hatred. (Should we even get into their racist ads? What about the anti women stuff? What about that Rommel viral ad they leaked to the web on Yom Kippur?) Yeah seriously f*** this company.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it. If you can say that all Atheists hate Christians, than why can't I say all Christians hate Jews?

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
It makes me laugh, they fight so hard when their firmware is modded and they take GeoHotz to court yet they cant get their affairs in order when it comes to security, customer data protection. Its causing shame on sony in so many ways, im gutted myself as i only just bought one and this happens lol

Does it leave us to trust sonys future if they are being targeted??

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAZA said:
It makes me laugh, they fight so hard when their firmware is modded and they take GeoHotz to court yet they cant get their affairs in order when it comes to security, customer data protection. Its causing shame on sony in so many ways, im gutted myself as i only just bought one and this happens lol

Does it leave us to trust sonys future if they are being targeted??

No one in their right mind should trust this company ever again. I know there are people who will say my opinion is tainted with bias but this is just how I feel. Its common sense. Their lousy track record alone proves I'm right.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
Sony is an evil corporation and they're getting exactly what they deserve. Feel the wrath of god you sleaze bag company.

Yes, feel the wrath of God, who created the stealing, attacking hackers. AND FEEL THE WRATH OF GOD, ALL YOU INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO JUST WANTED TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE, WHOSE INFORMATION WILL BE STOLEN AND CAUSE THEM GRIEF.

Are you SURE these hackers are something you want to relate to god?
wink.gif

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
jerome27 said:
Sony is an evil corporation and they're getting exactly what they deserve. Feel the wrath of god you sleaze bag company.

Yes, feel the wrath of God, who created the stealing, attacking hackers. AND FEEL THE WRATH OF GOD, ALL YOU INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO JUST WANTED TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE, WHOSE INFORMATION WILL BE STOLEN AND CAUSE THEM GRIEF.

Are you SURE these hackers are something you want to relate to god?
wink.gif

Its a curse. And unfortunately it will strike those who support and defend this evil company. Unfortunately that's how curses work.

Or if you want a non-religious example.

Well the Allies brought down the 3rd reich they brought a lot of people down with them.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
...How would nintendo be affected? Wouldn't that mean more cash flow for them? :/

Hardly. This whole debacle is damaging the entire video game industry, portraying it as an unsafe and unreliable environment. These self-righteous hackers aren't just making life a living hell for people who own PS3s, but they're even giving soccer mum's and their ilk more ammo to use against gaming itself - and we all know how troublesome that can be. If things continue like this, parents won't buy their kids video game consoles any more because of the insanely bad press the hackers have given the industry as a whole.

Essentially, the hackers are ruining everything for everyone and they don't give a crap as long as they can stick it to Sony.

Oh, and I see we've already proven Godwin's Rule.
smileipb2.png

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
ShadowSoldier said:
...How would nintendo be affected? Wouldn't that mean more cash flow for them? :/

Hardly. This whole debacle is damaging the entire video game industry, portraying it as an unsafe and unreliable environment. These self-righteous hackers aren't just making life a living hell for people who own PS3s, but they're even giving soccer mum's and their ilk more ammo to use against gaming itself - and we all know how troublesome that can be. If things continue like this, parents won't buy their kids video game consoles any more because of the insanely bad press the hackers have given the industry as a whole.

Essentially, the hackers are ruining everything for everyone and they don't give a crap as long as they can stick it to Sony.

Oh, and I see we've already proven Godwin's Rule.
smileipb2.png

That's like saying hackers have ruined the entire internet.

The only company damaged by their efforts is Sony. And they've already done more than enough to earn their bad reputation.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Sony will be out of the running with Nintendo the survivor in Japan and MS and Nintendo in the West. No loss since Sony will survive as a company without the gaming division. At the very worse the video game industry will cease online gaming and go back to local gaming which is ok or charge to play online which would suck, I would never get my money worth with $50 a year.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
It's official, anon has no lives...

IF IT WAS ANON THEY WOULD HAVE SAID SO! They are the kind of group that needs people on their side in any situation and obviously declaring any small sort of victory like this would get people to stick with it. It could be someone who usually is a part of anon going rogue which would explain the file they found.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Theres a report on kotaku now saying because sonys PSN has been down for some time their going to give PS3 users 2 free games..... (selected games only) ?!?! does that make up for it???

Oh did i forget to say thats europe only? well thats what the article reads!!

Article Read

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
FireGrey said:
Chaz. said:
Geohot was after a legitimate way to homebrew and a return of of OtherOS. Not piracy.
It's common sense that people are going to use it to pirate tho...

I suppose when life was giving out free common sense, you said "nah im good" ? Because you had any common sense, you would know that Geohot's hack didn't allow piracy.
But people still used it to pirate...

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
worlok375 said:
FireGrey said:
It's official, anon has no lives...

IF IT WAS ANON THEY WOULD HAVE SAID SO! They are the kind of group that needs people on their side in any situation and obviously declaring any small sort of victory like this would get people to stick with it. It could be someone who usually is a part of anon going rogue which would explain the file they found.
No, they wouldn't. Anonymous isn't a group, but a lot of groups, people... the anons involved on this (maybe) aren't the same involved on the DDOs attacks at Sony sites. But they're still anonymous.

Stop talking like Anonymous are a group that does only good things, they're not.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey said:
ShadowSoldier said:
FireGrey said:
Chaz. said:
Geohot was after a legitimate way to homebrew and a return of of OtherOS. Not piracy.
It's common sense that people are going to use it to pirate tho...

I suppose when life was giving out free common sense, you said "nah im good" ? Because you had any common sense, you would know that Geohot's hack didn't allow piracy.
But people still used it to pirate...

Let me make this simple.

You CAN'T use Geohot's hack to pirate.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somebody just released a patch within a day to allow piracy on his CFW (who ever was left that didnt brick their PS3 with it that is)

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Joe88 said:
somebody just released a patch within a day to allow piracy on his CFW (who ever was left that didnt brick their PS3 with it that is)
I thought it was someone elses CFW who bricked consoles (waninkoko maybe)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo