Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Why is it that some stupid arse pirates are going to hack or crack it again. Think about this: If you dont buy game, you cant go online. Piracy its called. Now pirates are going to do this again, because they actually want to play pirated software, while they arent allowed to. Seriously, this isnt fighting for a good cause, its because children arent getting what they want without paying for their stuff.
This has nothing to do with pirated games.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
boktor666 said:
Why is it that some stupid arse pirates are going to hack or crack it again. Think about this: If you dont buy game, you cant go online. Piracy its called. Now pirates are going to do this again, because they actually want to play pirated software, while they arent allowed to. Seriously, this isnt fighting for a good cause, its because children arent getting what they want without paying for their stuff.
This has nothing to do with pirated games.
Why then... because of that fight for the hackers who have been sued? For freedom of stupid free blah blah that seems to get support by many anonyjerks and such. I don't feel for people like Geohotz, Grafblah, or any of those people. I dont know Rydian, but this isnt a freedom fight anymore, this is a childish fight for them getting what they want: Piracy, theft, and feeling superior by harming many innocent people.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
I don't feel for people like Geohotz, Grafblah, or any of those people. I dont know Rydian, but this isnt a freedom fight anymore, this is a childish fight for them getting what they want: Piracy, theft, and feeling superior by harming many innocent people.This is NOT people like geohot and the hackers we know. This is a separate group of unknowns.

FireGrey said:
QUOTE(Chaz. @ May 7 2011, 12:12 AM) Geohot was after a legitimate way to homebrew and a return of of OtherOS. Not piracy.
It's common sense that people are going to use it to pirate tho...
You can't pirate on his mod, you need to use addons built by other people, or a competitor's mod.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey said:
Chaz. said:
Geohot was after a legitimate way to homebrew and a return of of OtherOS. Not piracy.
It's common sense that people are going to use it to pirate tho...

I suppose when life was giving out free common sense, you said "nah im good" ? Because you had any common sense, you would know that Geohot's hack didn't allow piracy.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Because you had any common sense, you would know that Geohot's hack didn't allow piracy.
Actually that's not common sense, that's research.

Except for the fact that it's been plastered all over this site whenever a mention of Geohot comes up, it's pretty much common sense now, isn't it?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Rydian said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Because you had any common sense, you would know that Geohot's hack didn't allow piracy.

Except for the fact that it's been plastered all over this site whenever a mention of Geohot comes up, it's pretty much common sense now, isn't it?
Not really, common sense would be something like walking around a puddle instead of walking through. It's common sense to know that Geohot's CFW doesn't allow piracy. (although anyone making statements like FireGrey did should've read up on it first)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up, I have come to realize that trying to push intelligence and logic to specific individuals is way to time consuming and worthless when the majority of the entire human population fail worse with logic. Humans are dragging each other down with retarded logic.

While Anonymous is the name of a group, the probability this group had any affiliations with the breach at Sony is dramatically low. Not only that, but people need to understand that anonymous is also an idea and represents holding back an identity. I wish to remain anonymous. There are probably several if not hundreds of groups who are anonymous such that their identity is hidden and yet we continue to point at the one group who actually call themselves anonymous.

I realized, this post will do nothing to increase the intelligence of the human population.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rydian said:
ShadowSoldier said:
People actually could modify it to run, because he released the keys... the result was the same.

Homebrews? Where? The ones I've saw posted on the start: Backup Loaders. Like... 4 or 5 of them.

But I agree that Geohot wasn't the first one to allow piracy on the console, it was PSGroove and similar hardware. Even if it was a bit restrictive.

--

About the topic, I'll not comment anything. I already said what I think about this in other topics/forums many times. =/

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Westside said:
As much as I hate Sony, taking them down would negatively affect Japan's current economy and indirectly fuck Nintendo as well.

...How would nintendo be affected? Wouldn't that mean more cash flow for them? :/

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this on the local news. Wish the hackers could find a way to punish sony for their copywrong that didn't hurt ordinary people...are they really even doing it for revenge anymore?

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once sony attacked my faith they were forever on my enemies list. I hope the hackers wipe them out. And they will. What's happening to sony right now is real old testament, wrath of god shit. And its not going to end until the company is forever driven from the gaming market. Think I'm a fanatic? Well you would feel the same way if someone spit on your most cherished beliefs.

passion.JPG

Karma is a bitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION