Status
Not open for further replies.

OP
Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
Several trustworthy persons already stated that it isn't useful. I believe 3DBrew was already updated to mention this fact as well.
Yes, they won't lie. But they have not mentioned some possibilities (at first negative values, now negative values which is not too small :P). I'm investigating them.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, they won't lie. But they have not mentioned some possibilities (at first negative values, now negative values which is not too small :P). I'm investigating them.

Quoting from 3DBrew:

The previous version also allowed large negative s32_processorid values(negative processorid values are special values not actual procids), but it appears using values like that won't actually do anything(meaning no crash) besides the thread not running / thread not running for a while(besides triggering a kernelpanic with certain s32_processorid value(s)).

I believe it's already stated about large negative values too (as you said "not too small"). So am I wrong to assume that it's already been said it's not useful?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't want to say "I told you so," but I did mention way back in the first 10.0.0-x thread that when Nintendo starts shooting out random updates, one after another, they are up to something. Nintendo only starts shooting out small updates like that without fixing the current exploits, when they know there's something bigger to patch.

Reactions: Margen67

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to say "I told you so," but I did mention way back in the first 10.0.0-x thread that when Nintendo starts shooting out random updates, one after another, they are up to something. Nintendo only starts shooting out small updates like that without fixing the current exploits, when they know there's something bigger to patch.
But we know what they patched...

Reactions: Margen67

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well hopefully you can find something! It wouldn't hurt to take a deeper look at it.

You really shouldn't make a thread until you at least have something. Anything...
To be fair the title of the thread was perfectly correct. I'd normally agree with you if it was something like "3DS ARM11 KEXPLOIT ON 10.0 AND UNDER BIG RELEASE GET IT WHILE ITS HOT", but it's really not 173210's fault. He shared his discovery with us, I think it's more our fault for getting all hyped up over what seems to be just a regular system flaw.

Reactions: Tony_93 and WhoAmI?
D

Deleted User

This is not related to this specific exploit, but about a research i'm doing that can lead to the same results.
So, i need help and have a fcram dump from a old3ds firmware 10.1.
This can be easily achieved with an emunand and a cfw i guess, maybe rxtools.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope that something will come out of this. I updated my system while it was on 9.5 to 9.9 because I wanted Ironfall (for Ironhax in fact). I'm glad that I didn't update past that...

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope that something will come out of this. I updated my system while it was on 9.5 to 9.9 because I wanted Ironfall (for Ironhax in fact). I'm glad that I didn't update past that...
Same, but I was on 9.2 and I didn't know there was cfw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work