Homebrew Two new unofficial versions of MPlayerWii have been released, each wit

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm curious... is anyone in the process of making a better DVD-Video player for the Wii? DVDX + MPlayer Wii by Twiizers was only ever meant to be a proof of concept, and is actually really slow and choppy, yet to this day, I haven't seen a more functional DVD player made. With all the advancements in cIOS and backup launchers, it seems like the information to make a better DVDX and cIOS for DVD playback is out there, but still no one has done that.

Seems like this is a hole in the Wii homebrew scene that needs to be filled. At least in my opinion.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Should be a new release of the mplayerwii data dvd support version soon, with bug fix of been able to show full file names on disc. etc.
smile.gif

All other versions may get merged into one i was told
smile.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
I guess I'm curious... is anyone in the process of making a better DVD-Video player for the Wii? DVDX + MPlayer Wii by Twiizers was only ever meant to be a proof of concept, and is actually really slow and choppy, yet to this day, I haven't seen a more functional DVD player made. With all the advancements in cIOS and backup launchers, it seems like the information to make a better DVDX and cIOS for DVD playback is out there, but still no one has done that.

Seems like this is a hole in the Wii homebrew scene that needs to be filled. At least in my opinion.

Totally agree, we need a nice looking functional DVD Player. I expect once all of the backup launcher/loader hype has died down that's exactly what we'll get
wink.gif

madTaMsKi

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Totally agree, we need a nice looking functional DVD Player. I expect once all of the backup launcher/loader hype has died down that's exactly what we'll get

madTaMsKi
Yeah would of thought there would be a better functional dvd player, but as its half coded that's only 3x speed, nout you can do really, dvdlib edition is just about as good as you'll get....

Jabcecle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
madtamski said:
loesjoel said:

wink.gif

madTaMsKi

I'm hoping there are some devs using the backup launcher to their advantage and developing some sort of media centre app. While everyone concentrates on the loader there's no one nagging for them to make those kind of things and to reach some super high expectations.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You think there's any chance of being able to play DVD's from an SD card in the future? Would be very useful =)

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cubed said:
You think there's any chance of being able to play DVD's from an SD card in the future? Would be very useful =)
Do you mean loading the DVD onto the SD card as an ISO? I don't see that ever coming out due to the pure impracticality of doing that. It is much easier to just convert the file to a divx file rather then having movies that take up 4.7GB of your SD card.
It is very possible to do such a thing, but unless there is a demand for it, I don't see it coming out as a feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY