Generations Dashboard 4.0 for the flashback hd (new version release)

Ashramkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello again.
Just a feedback:
After 3 OTG cables with problems, I finally got a working one. Looks like everything are working now.

The only problem I got is that PC engine CD games aren't showing in the UI menu, but I can load them if I open the emulator and use the load menu.

And 2 suggestions for future releases:
1 - a option to turn off the system music.
2 - a button to rip the cartridge to USB Stick (copy the rom file to a RIPPED folder in the USB stick).

Thanks again for the great release.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pc engine games need to be in .cue + bin format. remove special characters from the cue and bin file. edit the .cue file accordingly

Ashramkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello again.
Could you test some Sega CD games in your system? I am asking because I can load the game and play for some minutes, but its crashing as you can see in the following video (you can jump to 4:30 minutes to see the crash).

Sometimes, the problem occur in the middle of the first boss, sometimes inside the train, and in this case, before the train.

- In this video, I am using my own rip, but I tried using other rips too.
- tried with bin, iso and Iso with wav files.
- I tried with other games (Snatcher).
- Tried with japanese bios, and a universal bios.

Is it possible to test other emulator version? Do you have any idea what can I do?

Just to let you know, other systems are ok, and I can play normally. Thanks!

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the issue is that the power on the device is rather limited. hell I even tried a retroarch implementation on the device but the processor is so damn anemic. im pretty sure that is as good as its gonna get.

Ashramkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the issue is that the power on the device is rather limited. hell I even tried a retroarch implementation on the device but the processor is so damn anemic. im pretty sure that is as good as its gonna get.
Ahh, ok. So, the problem is not only with me. This is sad, once this would be a nice Sega CD machine.
You already made a miracle to add other system and a better Mega Drive emulator.

Igrek85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead and update now. Next version will accommodate for already modded units. I’m really bad at documenting stuff and always leave that stuff up to the community. Thank you if you can btw.My hobby is coding :P. The new version will be either late next month or Christmas.
Any news about new version?

Playing Mantis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you've moved on to other devices, but these Flashback HD devices are potentially interesting as cart dumpers.

For example, the Retrode used the genesis slot for multiple console adapters such as N64, Master System, and Gameboy/GBC/GBA.

Perhaps a Famicom adapter could be made work with a genesis slot as well?

I know there are some master system PCB adapter designs out there, not sure about others.

Retrode website has some pics of their bare adapter boards, although you can only see one side...

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MicroNut99,
Reactions: pasleau

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users