Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,
S

swaggon

It's because the app...err game, actually creates the exdata needed.

Okay, thanks. But isn't the 3DS's extdata fully editable, could something like importing the extdata instead of having to depend on the game to create it be possible in the future?

hmm you're in a unique situation i guess. I'm guessing HANS won't let you on eshop on 9.9 anymore? I don't have a 9.9 3ds to test :( Only 9.0 and 10.3.

Nope, and updating isn't an option because it would break Themehax, my only entrypoint. It's either no Badge Arcade or no Homebrew at all.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, thanks. But isn't the 3DS's extdata fully editable, could something like importing the extdata instead of having to depend on the game to create it be possible in the future?

Nope, and updating isn't an option because it would break Themehax, my only entrypoint. It's either no Badge Arcade or no Homebrew at all.
First point I'm not totally sure on. I guess it would be possible, i suppose you could try importing it and see what happens.
And that really sucks. :( Nintendo must be loving this cat n mouse game atm. haha And yeah if i had those choices I'd go with no badge arcade over no homebrew at all to be honest. :)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you're editing YOUR file correctly it should work. So copy from the downloaded one, paste into yours, restore your modified one.
You also need the badgedata.dat that was linked earlier too, that's how i got it to work properly.
yeah that's what i'm doing exactly. edit my BadgeMngFile with the data from february's file. then replace my badgedata file with february's badgedata file. then import.

i'm doing it all over now with all three of those folders i mentioned.
if it doesn't work now i'l just wait for some more information :/

edit: haha it worked now. guess i had to do all of the folders at once.

Last edited by dimmidice,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so happy it finally worked, now here's to hoping someone shares their save with pokemon badges soon ^^ i'm really salty about the fact that EU hasn't gotten em yet :/

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from target to yours, using pastewrite.
3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and copy it to yours, using pastewrite once again.
4. Save the BadgeMngFile.dat.
5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!
excuse me , but which file should o download , there is over 20 files here
and it's loading for ever

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Sunshell. I select BadgeData.dat, I press A and then X, but nothing happens...
for dumping is y, and the file must be in the root of sdcard named 14D1_Badgewhateveryoudumped.dat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ah i hear sunshell is slow, but one hour is still ridiculous haha.
thas because OR the name is wrong OR wrong sunshell installation. at me is 25 sec.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...