Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
that's because OR the name is wrong OR wrong sunshell installation. at me is 25 sec.[/QUOTE]
for dumping is y, and the file must be in the root of sdcard named 14D1_Badgewhateveryoudumped.dat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thas because OR the name is wrong OR wrong sunshell installation. at me is 25 sec.
I want to restore them. Should I press X or Y?

Last edited by ImCarlosGG,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
How should I import them?
if you don't have badge arcade than you can't. you need to dump them wit extada_dump or sunshell and then merge them, then restore them with extdata_dump or sunshell and done! (you need to merge only badgemngfile.dat, for the badgedata.dat just download the februarysnow one and then import it.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Badge2File.dat don't know why it's named that but that is the BadgeMngFile i used with it.
kay thanks! reason i ask is i did the whole procedure for my bro too and his badges are weirdly sorted and has pokemon badges. i apparently didnt use that one for my own 3ds :P i'l redo it see if that fixs the sorting.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Do I need to restore two BadgeMngFile.dat? One must to be FebruarySn0w's file and the other one must to be the file I edited? :unsure:
no you must restore badgemngfile.dat and badgedata.dat (two different files.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do I need to restore two BadgeMngFile.dat? One must to be FebruarySn0w's file and the other one must to be the file I edited? :unsure:
the file you edited and februarysnow badgedata.dat (not badgemngfile.dat)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT