Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

Althir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
With what should I import the saves back? I tried with extdata_dump RESTORE function but nothing happens.

Kyrara

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please Download "Badge2file" this is my latest savedata. I’ve just updated the savedata and now contain 1055 unique badges now.

not all the badges. only 1/3
can you upload your BadgeData.dat too?
I have import the Badge2file to my save and used a BadgeData from the OneDrive and all Badges have a false position XD

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Last edited by Februarysn0w,
Reactions: Shadowtrance

@lexander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Althir and @anonynom

Hello!

I'm guessing you both either didn't do one of these two things:

1) Did you make sure you replaced everything in the "config.txt" file with this? (This is the solution if you are getting a black screen when using the "restore extata specified in config" option).

; replace BadgeMngFile.dat
RESTORE "BadgeMngFile.dat" "000014d1:/BadgeMngFile.dat"

; replace BadgeData.dat
RESTORE "BadgeData.dat" "000014d1:/BadgeData.dat"

2) Did you skip step two? (See provided image for details).

strings.png

Thank you @Februarysn0w for uploading your badge files! Unfortunately, the link provided for "Badge2Data11.22.2015.rar" is broken.

On a side note, this is what happens when you import "BadgeMngFile.dat" without the "BadgeData.dat":

badges.png

Hope this helps! (I will update this when "BadgeData.dat" becomes available).

Last edited by @lexander,
Reactions: Nyannurs and Althir

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Please Download "Badge2file" this is my latest savedata. I’ve just updated the savedata and now contain 1055 unique badges now.

not all the badges. only 1/3
Thanks for the release. Would it be possible to inject this onto a console that has never had badecenter before?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Works for me with the Badge2File.dat (renamed to BadgeMngFile.dat) and the BadgeData.dat from Badge2Data11.22.2015.rar.
Just did it on my 10.3 n3ds, i now have 952 badges. :)

How do you get the app badges to work?
oh...could you please upload photo or video?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to figure out a way to make my badges appear in the home menu, because after trying to customize one of them, they no longer will. =(

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Works for me with the Badge2File.dat (renamed to BadgeMngFile.dat) and the BadgeData.dat from Badge2Data11.22.2015.rar.
Just did it on my 10.3 n3ds, i now have 952 badges. :)

How do you get the app badges to work?

Worked for me until i did a restart, shows that i have no badges, when opening the badge arcade app, got an error and everything got rewritten from scratch to my sd card (only including the badges i had from the game)

thoughts?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Worked for me until i did a restart, shows that i have no badges, when opening the badge arcade app, got an error and everything got rewritten from scratch to my sd card (only including the badges i had from the game)

thoughts?
Just restarted my 3ds, badges are still there.
As for the badge arcade app wiping and rewriting everything, I'm pretty sure that's normal sadly.

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just restarted my 3ds, badges are still there.
As for the badge arcade app wiping and rewriting everything, I'm pretty sure that's normal sadly.

My bad, was not a restart but going into sleep mode. Just tried again a few times, same problem.

I'm in emunand...

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
where are these badge files located? or do i need to extract them somehow?

edit: found more info here http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-custom-badge.403281/

edit 2: okay its not working for me. i'm pretty sure i did everything right. copied most of the first line from his to mine. then everything from 3E8 downwards. then i replaced my badgedata.dat on my sdcard with his and put my edited badgemngfile there as well. i import it using savedatfiler and it completes. but nothing's ever changed. what am i doing wrong? i'm on rxtools emunand 10.3

which files am i supposed to use from onedrive? there's so many files on it.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
when i restore badgemngfile.dat it gives me the error: Restoring to /BadgeMngFile.dat, archive_getfilesize() ret=0x00000002, size=0x00000000 Copying failed!
@Rinnegatamante e se provo a usare sunshell ho solo un sacco di stemmi invisibili. (and if i use sunshell i just have a lot of invisible badges.)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i'm so confused as to why this isn't working. is savedatfiler not good enough for this? the guide doesn't mention any programs or so to use so i've been going off of info from the other badge thread.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night