ROM Hack [Tutorial] Fix all save problems for Pokémon games (VC GBA)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to bump, but the patches on page 1 are belly-up because FileTrip went under. Can @CheatFreak47 or someone reupload them please? :unsure:
The patch files just did hexedits documented in the OP, but also, these are no longer needed, as it was later discovered that the proper savetype for Pokemon games actually was supported by AGBFIRM.

Most tools for VC injection are equipped to handle making VC with the correct save type supported.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The patch files just did hexedits documented in the OP, but also, these are no longer needed, as it was later discovered that the proper savetype for Pokemon games actually was supported by AGBFIRM.

Most tools for VC injection are equipped to handle making VC with the correct save type supported.
My needs are different, I'm just looking to patch the ROMs I have to be 512K. I'll be flashing them to repro carts for my own collection.

Reactions: AhsanMC

nopokeforyou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the save fix on Pokemon Glazed and I still am having problems with the save. Not 100% sure if saving it twice actually works since I recently managed to delete my save file after playing for 3 hours.

If anyone has a fix that'd be great to share.

Also has anyone gotten Pokemon Flora Sky working? My game freezes at the GameBoy screen. If anyone is able to get that game working taht'd be great!
Hi Duckling, not sure if you'll see this years later, but I have the same issue with Pokemon Glazed as well. Asia81's hex editing does work, but only if you save the game in intervals of even numbers (saving twice every time you go to save). If you save in odd intervals, it will not load the game properly the next time you load from that save and it will delete the save. Other people in this thread have also said that Glazed only works if they save twice. Saving in even intervals isn't that big of a deal I guess, but it would be nice to get it working with any amount of save without getting corrupted.

Not sure why this is only an issue with Glazed... I also tried to use the 512k-flash-memory IPS patch instead of Asia's hex edit. It will save the game just fine, I do not need to save in even intervals. But when I turn off my GBA SP, turn it back on, and load the save, the events in Glazed wont trigger. Not sure why the IPS Patch does this to Glazed, because it seemed to work just fine for Flora Sky. Which is weird cause the base game for both of these hacks are Emerald

Maybe we can modify the hex code for Glazed after the IPS patch so the events will trigger again, but I don't know where to even begin looking in the file lol. Anyone have any ideas? :yaysp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu