ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit the HomeMenu

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nice guide! :D
Anyway how should we go to edit out 3D banners?
Use 3dstool.exe with "3dstool -xvtf banner banner.bnr --banner-dir banner" command in the banner folder to extract banner.bnr, and after editing "3dstool -cvtf banner banner.bnr --banner-dir banner" to repack it back. Ohana3DS and Every File Explorer are good for .bcmdl files with one texture in, like "Wii Maker", but not for .bcmdl files with two or more textures in if one of them is in L4 format, like "Nintendo 3DS Camera" (still looking for a program to do that, cause Ohana, and EFE are not being updated), if you will find such program then let me know, please.

Last edited by tomx86, , Reason: Explorer
Reactions: Froster

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can also use my script witj the key "b" then 1 for extract a banner.bin or 2 for rebuild a folder "ExtractedBanner" into a banner.bin file

Reactions: tomx86

Robotxm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
After editing Broswer, I cannot install and both FBI and BigBlueMenu say it is invaild.
How to fix it?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to change home menu text and it simply wont work for me now, and idk what i did the first time a while back to get it to work..

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
im trying to change home menu text and it simply wont work for me now, and idk what i did the first time a while back to get it to work..
With Home menu, you need to have a NAND backup, of your system before installing the edited one, and every time you want to make more edits you need to restore your NAND from the backup, before installing newly edited Home menu.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With Home menu, you need to have a NAND backup, of your system before installing the edited one, and every time you want to make more edits you need to restore your NAND from the backup, before installing newly edited Home menu.
No, just install a clean cia, reboot, and reinstall a custom one.
no need to reflash a nand backup

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive bricked doing this, restored and then tried and it didnt work

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, just install a clean cia, reboot, and reinstall a custom one.
no need to reflash a nand backup
Maybe but in my case it bricked my 3DS and i needed to do a Hardwire NAND recovery, and damaged my game card slot (Dame CLK), so I must send it to repair:cry:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ive bricked doing this, restored and then tried and it didnt work
After restoring did you restarted the console? If so try deleting the original Home menu first then install the edited one WARNING! it may alsow brick the console, but you wrote you can restore your NAND so give it a try.

Last edited by tomx86,

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe but in my case it bricked my 3DS and i needed to do a Hardwire NAND recovery, and damaged my game card slot (Dame CLK), so I must send it to repair:cry:

After restoring did you restarted the console? If so try deleting the original Home menu first then install the edited one WARNING! it may alsow brick the console, but you wrote you can restore your NAND so give it a try.
I tried to restart the system and thats how i knew it bricked

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys can someone tell me how to edit this part:

upload_2016-6-19_22-10-43.png

I tried in the icon file but it didn't do the trick, and in "safe_msbt_LZ.bin" I've translated every english text I found, but that to didn't change this part, so please help me. Thanks in advance.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's the icon.bin of the hs app, as other apps

Hi guys can someone tell me how to edit this part:

View attachment 53471

I tried in the icon file but it didn't do the trick, and in "safe_msbt_LZ.bin" I've translated every english text I found, but that to didn't change this part, so please help me. Thanks in advance.
1466368035-01.png
1466368038-02.png

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's the icon.bin of the hs app, as other apps

1466368035-01.png
1466368038-02.png
I only found "icon.icn", and I edit it to say:
".I.n.f.o.r.m.a.c.j.e. .o. .Z.d.r.o.w.i.u. .i. .B.e.z.p.i.e.c.z.e.ń.s.t.w.i.e.(...)
.I.n.f.o.r.m.a.c.j.e. .o. .Z.d.r.o.w.i.u. .i. .B.e.z.p.i.e.c.z.e.ń.s.t.w.i.e.(...)
.N.i.n.t.e.n.d.o."

But it only showed in FBI .cia install.

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
don't edit it, create a new one
I did it and the editing works but, I've had to install the translated .cia on a untouched emuNAND, and reboot the console:

upload_2016-6-20_1-7-38.png

Thanks for your help, and now I have a 99,99% translated hs app, only the banner waits, look the translated "COMMON1.png" is ready:

upload_2016-6-20_1-10-46.png

I hope someone is working on a banner editor that supports L4 format, I want that 100% so bad:bow:

Reactions: renhei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's dumb