ROM Hack [Release] PS1 Forwarder Creator

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to patch it up! It isn't perfect, as you can't yet configure the settings or the BIOS.
It does, however, run much more smoothly.

You can download it here (PS1_Forwarder.zip):
https://github.com/SirFluffDev/rarch3ds_forwarder_creator/releases/

Hope I was able to help somebody!

P.S. I do plan to update this some more in the future (Ex. changing BIOS, better banner customization), so stay posted!

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it still has some performance issues. I think somehow the settings aren't loading properly? I'm not sure. I haven't been able to work on it recently due to a recent hurricane around my area, so I apologize for any delays.

Reactions: Zense and doha057

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Looks like it still has some performance issues. I think somehow the settings aren't loading properly? I'm not sure. I haven't been able to work on it recently due to a recent hurricane around my area, so I apologize for any delays.
Glad to know you are safe, I hope the worst is gone for the year.

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally managed to find the time to work on it. Turns out the issue was outdated retroarch settings - not the core settings. Patched that all up, and things seem to run much more smoothly than they did before. Link is the same as the one above. Enjoy!

DragoniteChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hope I’m ok to ask. For whatever reason FF8 does not play nicely with, at least, the original version of your tool. Has the more recent versions fixed it, or am I SOL with playing FF8?

Best wishes and hope everything gets better for you 🙏

Reactions: doha057

kai_hiwatari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hope I’m ok to ask. For whatever reason FF8 does not play nicely with, at least, the original version of your tool. Has the more recent versions fixed it, or am I SOL with playing FF8?

Best wishes and hope everything gets better for you 🙏
I've gotten it to work. The only problem is having to transfer saves manually since it doesn't have the enable 2nd memory card option like the previous version had.

Reactions: doha057

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I've gotten it to work. The only problem is having to transfer saves manually since it doesn't have the enable 2nd memory card option like the previous version had.
It does I think, but its hidden at the moment as he said he will add settings back in future update, right now just use single disk games and buy him beer :ha:

Personman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had mixed result with this. R-Type Delta actually runs far worse than usual. Well sort of, it sounds like it's running smoothly but the actual display is a slideshow.

Tomba! Seems to finally run at a barely playable state. Kinda blows my mind how much I've struggled to get this game running yet something like Omega Boost runs flawlessly with the old forwarder no less. Haven't tried the sequel yet.

Thunder Force V seems to run smoothly now, only hitch being the fmvs are all cut in half and lacking color. Suppose I can live with that though. CHDman must compress them weird or something. Actually when I tried to set up Omega Boost with this the same thing happened with its cutscenes so maybe there's something to that? It's a minor thing.

Einhander runs the same. Acceptable just with some annoying stutters here and there.

No idea how much of this may be me or the forwarder or just the games in particular being hard too run. Still, appreciate your work!

Last edited by Personman,

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all the feedback!

While some games do run much better, I have noticed that there are still a lot of strange problems with the tool. Despite what I perceived initially, performance is still a rather big issue. Which is strange, because the same settings in regular Retroarch result in full speed.

I apologize for my premature performance claims; my testing was not very thorough. I'll keep working on it for now, and update you all when the issue is fixed (or at least properly understood).

Thanks for your interest!

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Thank you for all the feedback!
I was actually thinking of using Retroarch, sadly there are no useful tutorial of it running on 3ds properly, the ones available are extremely outdated. I can run it in PC and in consoles like Wii U just fine, but don't understand or can't manage core, assets and other stuff on 3ds. Can you make a noobproof tutorial on Retroarch in YouTube? Addressing specific issues, for example, which core and assets should I install if I only wish to play PS1 games?

Edit: On a side note, is it possible to use Duckstation in 3DS? I know its not as its built for PC and Android which is way more powerful than 3ds. But I was just wondering if a simplified version without all graphical enhancements, can be run in 3ds. Also the new PS1 Bios extracted from PSP is very useful, I hope everyone is using that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto