ROM Hack [Release] PS1 Forwarder Creator

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, people! Sorry for going completely silent. I've been dealing with real life stuff, and haven't really had the time to work on it. I did however manage to finish a more primitive version of the tool before I took a break. I still probably won't be able to work on it very much, but it serves the purpose for now. From what I can tell the previous performance issues are gone, and it seems to run at full speed. I can't guarantee the performance for every game however.

Before I disappeared, I underwent an operating system change. As a result, the current tool is made for Ubuntu Linux. I'll upload it to GitHub now, but if you need a Windows version let me know and I'll get to work on that.

Again, sorry for leaving you all in the dark.
Post automatically merged:

New version is up: https://github.com/SirFluffDev/ps1-3ds-forwarder
If you're on Linux, just download the source and run it from there. Instructions are in the README.
If you're on Windows, I'll try scrap together a Windows version sooner or later.

Last edited by SirFluff,
Reactions: TheGargantua

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A windows version would be Mutch appreciated ,but for now I guess i can do with a virtual machine, thank you for your cool work

BitingChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to report issues? The "Long Name" field should take TWO lines.

3DS software can have 1-2 lines for names, and long names get wrapped weird if you don't put them on 2 lines.

Several official 3DS games/apps have a 2-line Long Name, and the NSUI application allows 2-line long names, but pressing Enter in the PS1 Forwarder Creator doesn't insert a line break.

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Long Name" field should take TWO lines.

3DS software can have 1-2 lines for names, and long names get wrapped weird if you don't put them on 2 lines.
Really? I had no idea. I don't know how I'd make that work, but I'll look at it sometime today. Thank you for letting me know!

What's the best way to report issues?
For future reference, just submit an issue to the issues tab on the github repo.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, why does everyone recommend turning vsync off? I have experimented with a lot of settings and turning vsync off makes my gameplay sluggish/slowish (probably screen tearing) in CVania Symphony of the Night but with vsync on, it is always smooth

GaroK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would very much apreciate if someone checked out Metal Slug X. It seems to work at near perfect speed, but for some reason it's mostly mute with very few sounds playing out of sync. Can this be fixed?

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone knows which bios is the exact for the ps1 intro? I've marked that option to show the PS1 bios bootlogo, tried using PSP but no luck.

leapbtw

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, just signed up. Just wanted to share with you guys that I just opened a pull request on SirFluff's github project to fix an issue i had (and from the Issues tab I see other people had too) with his tool. I also asked in a new issue if the source code for part of the software he shared is available: if so, I MIGHT consider creating a GUI version of the tool, maybe compatible with Windows too. If anything will go through I'll probably mention it here.

Meanwhile I guess that you windows folks can use his software either by install WSL, or just booting a Live USB of Ubuntu or some other distro (I'd suggest Lubuntu but you can pick whichever you want)

2mono7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, just signed up. Just wanted to share with you guys that I just opened a pull request on SirFluff's github project to fix an issue i had (and from the Issues tab I see other people had too) with his tool. I also asked in a new issue if the source code for part of the software he shared is available: if so, I MIGHT consider creating a GUI version of the tool, maybe compatible with Windows too. If anything will go through I'll probably mention it here.

Meanwhile I guess that you windows folks can use his software either by install WSL, or just booting a Live USB of Ubuntu or some other distro (I'd suggest Lubuntu but you can pick whichever you want)
I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate a GUI and a windows version!:grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up