ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit the HomeMenu

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
:wacko: Help me! "ctr_FontConverter" erased the white outline or made it black in the "Hud_JP.bcfnt" file how to fix this in Hex editor?
OK I've figured it out, I had to change the color format from A8 to LA4 when converting edited .BMP to .bcfnt.:lol:

Last edited by tomx86,

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
with 3DSExplorer, you go into tools, then DSDecmp GUI. Choose menu_msbt_lz.bin as your input file and LZ11 as the Algorithm and then choose decompress and save your file as menu_msbt_lz.bin.msbt for example. and now it should work with any msbt editor
Edit: When you're finished editing, choose the input file as your edited msbt file and choose compress and menu_msbt_lz.bin as the filename
THANKS! i guess asia can explain much better this part

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
THANKS! i guess asia can explain much better this part
The reworked script in this post does all of this automaticly.
It extracts the contents of the cia and can lz11 decompress all files directly.
Just use [7] Full Rebuild. It tells you when it's done decompressing etc. and then you can just edit the files.

Reactions: Ordim3n

skidooelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I install my first custom home menu, I can't install another if I change something using FBI 2.2.0. When I try to install another version of my custom home menu the sysnand brick and i need to restore a NAND backup... Does this mean I will need to restore a NAND backup everytime I want to change something?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install my first custom home menu, I can't install another if I change something using FBI 2.2.0. When I try to install another version of my custom home menu the sysnand brick and i need to restore a NAND backup... Does this mean I will need to restore a NAND backup everytime I want to change something?
What installer are you using? I am having the same problem and i need to figure out if other people don't have this problem and what they are using that doesn't have sed problem

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

No need to restore the nand backup.
Re-install the clean cia of your homemenu, reboot, and re-install your edited cia

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Installing a clean HOME Menu after a failed attempt still leaves a brick next time you reboot. FBI will say this title already exists and Dev Menu will say HOME is an invalid .cia.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore this post

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope. Installing a clean HOME Menu after a failed attempt still leaves a brick next time you reboot.
Same, the only way around it is to restore a nand backup before the changes, I have 2 xD I salute you if you do not

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh... Just restore the clean homemenu, reboot, and re-install a custom is enough for me, it didn't brick after restore the clean homemenu

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh... Just restore the clean homemenu, reboot, and re-install a custom is enough for me, it didn't brick after restore the clean homemenu
Mine did. Both DevMenu and FBI throw an error (invalid CIA and Title Already Exists, respectively.) And yes, this is the HOME directly from 3DNUS encrypted and region specific. I also successfully installed custom home menus from this original one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work