ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit the HomeMenu

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay just for clarification:
Texts for everything are in menu_msbt_LZ.bin
They can be edited with the MSBT Editor Reloaded, however not everything shows up in there. I personally prefer a Hex Editor.

The power off screen colors are in sleep_LZ.bin
The used colors go by #464646 (Background), #3C3C3C (Border/Glow) for the Screens and #23232D for the Lines. [P_Bg_D_00]
Button Font color is #323232. [T_BtnF_01]

Icons in the normal home menu are in hud_LZ.bin
Playcoin color for example is #B4B400. [P_Coin_00]

Notes:
Default Font color is #323232 everywhere.
Default glow/border color is default white #FFFFFF everywhere.

I use a Hex editor to change the colors. (The replace function is great)
Ok so i decompressed the sleep_LZ.bin file and went used hex edit to change the colors. And i have found 464646 in 2 locations in the hex values. Is this what you are saying to replace? xD Dont want to install this if it isnt.

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a problem when extracting the HomeMenu CIA, which is decrypted (I have edited Part1.bat); I am not getting any of the LZ bin files.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I seem to find 464646 in multiple places in the hex value side in sleep_LZ.bin, also how is the internet icon color changed? I think its in hud_LZ.bin correct? I just don't know the hex code for that either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having a bit of a problem when extracting the HomeMenu CIA, which is decrypted (I have edited Part1.bat); I am not getting any of the LZ bin files.
edit part1.bat and part2.bat and find SystemApp.0000.00000081/2/3/4 (it could be one of the 4 numbers.) and what ever one is in the folder, change the last number to your number and run it again. Saw it as few pages back as soon as i had the problem.

Not sure why but MsbtEditor wont open sleep_LZ.bin or hud_LZ.BIN o.O Yes they are decompressed.

Last edited by Lumince,

Archexe

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I seem to find 464646 in multiple places in the hex value side in sleep_LZ.bin, also how is the internet icon color changed? I think its in hud_LZ.bin correct? I just don't know the hex code for that either.

edit part1.bat and part2.bat and find SystemApp.0000.00000081/2/3/4 (it could be one of the 4 numbers.) and what ever one is in the folder, change the last number to your number and run it again. Saw it as few pages back as soon as i had the problem.

Not sure why but MsbtEditor wont open sleep_LZ.bin or hud_LZ.BIN o.O Yes they are decompressed.
MSBT only opens files with strings and text, sleep_LZ and hud_LZ are not msbt files. Use a hex editor.
More info here I think, smarter people are helping live https://discord.gg/0yzz4j93HUQ1l819

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9