Hardware

Kaedrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I'm trying to fix my 3ds right now and this sort of the problem:

Around a year or two ago, my 3DS was running fine (It had CFW and it was running Luma3DS at the time) when all of the sudden, the SD card broke down. After the SD card broke, I couldn't boot my 3DS open again. I just tried opening it without the SD Card and just went "Yep, this is ****ed." before storing it away. But not a while ago, I sort of had the idea that maybe if I put a boot.firm file into a new SD Card and put it in, maybe it would work again (I didn't think of this before because I'm not a tech-savvy person).

But I don't remember which Luma3DS version I had. And before I go buying an SD Card to try this, I want to ask for help first and make sure before going out and waste money if this doesn't work.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Busted SD cards can sometimes be salvaged with standard PC recovery software. Easeus and Testdisk are popular.

Do you recall when you installed Luma? In particular, do you know if you were on b9s or a9lh?

Kaedrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
At least turn on the blue led when you try to boot the console, detail a little what happens with it.
Sorry for the late replies, guys! I forgot I made this thread ^^"

When I try to boot on the 3DS, the LED lights turn on for a split second before turning back off again, regardless if I have the sim card inside the slot or not.
Post automatically merged:

Busted SD cards can sometimes be salvaged with standard PC recovery software. Easeus and Testdisk are popular.

Do you recall when you installed Luma? In particular, do you know if you were on b9s or a9lh?
I could try and see if I can atleast recover some data. Though I feel like it won't be likely that this'll be successful since this has been sitting for a while, but could still try.

I'm pretty sure installed Luma on my 3DS between 2020 to 2022? I honestly don't remember. But I do know that I was on b9s.

Aluiscard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Try luma versions from 10.2.1 onwards to see which one works for you and remember to format the memory properly (FAT32 32kb clusters).
Sorry for the late replies, guys! I forgot I made this thread ^^"

When I try to boot on the 3DS, the LED lights turn on for a split second before turning back off again, regardless if I have the sim card inside the slot or not.
Post automatically merged:

I could try and see if I can atleast recover some data. Though I feel like it won't be likely that this'll be successful since this has been sitting for a while, but could still try.

I'm pretty sure installed Luma on my 3DS between 2020 to 2022? I honestly don't remember. But I do know that I was on b9s.
Try luma versions from 10.2.1 onwards to see which one works for you and remember to format the memory properly (FAT32 32kb clusters).

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Early versions of b9s do sometimes require versions such as 7.1. or 8.0. depending on b9s version. Those ones should be used aswell to see if they work.

Reactions: Aluiscard

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I'm trying to fix my 3ds right now and this sort of the problem:

Around a year or two ago, my 3DS was running fine (It had CFW and it was running Luma3DS at the time) when all of the sudden, the SD card broke down. After the SD card broke, I couldn't boot my 3DS open again. I just tried opening it without the SD Card and just went "Yep, this is ****ed." before storing it away. But not a while ago, I sort of had the idea that maybe if I put a boot.firm file into a new SD Card and put it in, maybe it would work again (I didn't think of this before because I'm not a tech-savvy person).

But I don't remember which Luma3DS version I had. And before I go buying an SD Card to try this, I want to ask for help first and make sure before going out and waste money if this doesn't work.
The latest Luma3DS version should work, very old versions of B9S will only work with old Luma3DS versions, but that was early on, it's likely you don't have a B9S version that old. Updating B9S if needed is simple enough though: https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye