ROM Hack [Translation] Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well its possible that people have applied a private header to the rom, or dumped their own personal copy, in both cases force applying the patch *should* work fine, afaik there is no revisions and no other releases of this game, so unless people have obtained a edited/rebuilt rom the patch should work fine, and if you intend to play it in cia format, remember to patch the game first before converting to cia (and don't download a cia version if you intend to use the translation patch as it has to be applied to a .3ds file)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Nazosan

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wow, interesting. Any chance of less extreme versions? For instance, just doubling XP earned or somesuch.
well i made the health thing non permanent, so if you disable the plugin it will just go back to your original max health, also the exp is down to the user to use, if you really want i could make one that gives you less exp, but i figured people could just manage it themselves :D, if you want it super easy just max all stats, if you want to try keep it fair just top up the stats as you reach each floor

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, partially it's a balancing thing -- a bit more makes it a bit easier while still staying a bit closer to the original balance -- and partially it's a matter of self control which most of us lack. :-p

If this is just some easy thing to throw together I can just do my own, but as it is I have no clue at all how.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, partially it's a balancing thing -- a bit more makes it a bit easier while still staying a bit closer to the original balance -- and partially it's a matter of self control which most of us lack. :-p

If this is just some easy thing to throw together I can just do my own, but as it is I have no clue at all how.
tbh its just setting the exp to a set value, idk how i could go about doubling exp earned.......i guess i could make one that just tops up your HP and does nothing with EXP so you can just use it if your caught in a sticky situation i.e like 3 floors away from a heal point and facing a boss, i had a moment like that so i know it can be annoying to have to go all the way back to top up your health for a "boss" battle

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. That's fine. I just thought it would be kind of neat to be able to double it just for a little while for a small head start.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Gotcha. That's fine. I just thought it would be kind of neat to be able to double it just for a little while for a small head start.
here ya go, no exp boost with that one, select to enable, select again to disable it(just note that if the person is dead in the fight when you activate the cheat they still don't get to join in the fight unless you use a revival tool on them for whatever reason)

Fixed Trainer here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/transla...ond-the-labyrinth.379598/page-11#post-5602953

Reactions: Nazosan

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, here's a thought. How about just one where the girl's HP is fixed? I can work with the heal system, items, etc etc to keep my party going, but I can't protect her. At least, if there is a way it's not anything I've gotten to yet in the game. I've never once experienced a party wipeout, but I can't keep enemies from targetting her at all since she always runs in front of us (enemies' abilities to attack seems to depend on line of sight. I've fought an enemy around a corner and the only one it could hit was her -- that first Steel Spirit namely -- but if you try to move in front of her or something she just runs out ahead so they'll keep targetting her.)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh, here's a thought. How about just one where the girl's HP is fixed? I can work with the heal system, items, etc etc to keep my party going, but I can't protect her. At least, if there is a way it's not anything I've gotten to yet in the game. I've never once experienced a party wipeout, but I can't keep enemies from targetting her at all since she always runs in front of us (enemies' abilities to attack seems to depend on line of sight. I've fought an enemy around a corner and the only one it could hit was her -- that first Steel Spirit namely -- but if you try to move in front of her or something she just runs out ahead so they'll keep targetting her.)
well hopefully there is something here for everyone now, and yeah i know what you mean she can be a bit of a pain :P

(note to self, figure out how the button combos work so i could just have a key map for each specific cheat B-) )

Fixed Trainer here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/transla...ond-the-labyrinth.379598/page-11#post-5602953

Reactions: Shinon and Nazosan

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the girl's HP cheat one only work in battle? It's not doing anything when I try it anyway. EDIT: It seems to be kind of fickle. I tried the first one and it worked at first right off, then didn't later (I guess after I changed floors?)

BTW, I'm having a bit of an... oddity since I installed this game for some reason. From the second time I booted up after installing it, every third or fourth reboot or so it disappears. In fact I'd say it may well be even more common than that (sometimes almost as much as every second reboot...) I go into something like the browser and exit it or reboot and then the game shows up as a "new game" to unwrap (and yes, I separated NANDs ages ago.) Sometimes it takes another I installed a long time ago (Puyo Puyo) along with it if that makes any sense at all... Would anyone have any clue as to what this is and how on Earth it's happening? I've never had this happen before with anything else installed and I have a lot of games installed...

Last edited by Nazosan,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Does the girl's HP cheat one only work in battle? It's not doing anything when I try it anyway. EDIT: It seems to be kind of fickle. I tried the first one and it worked at first right off, then didn't later (I guess after I changed floors?)

BTW, I'm having a bit of an... oddity since I installed this game for some reason. From the second time I booted up after installing it, every third or fourth reboot or so it disappears. In fact I'd say it may well be even more common than that (sometimes almost as much as every second reboot...) I go into something like the browser and exit it or reboot and then the game shows up as a "new game" to unwrap (and yes, I separated NANDs ages ago.) Sometimes it takes another I installed a long time ago (Puyo Puyo) along with it if that makes any sense at all... Would anyone have any clue as to what this is and how on Earth it's happening? I've never had this happen before with anything else installed and I have a lot of games installed...
hmmm, not sure tbh, when i used it it always seems to work, but that was before i put it into the plugin (just entering it into the remote debugging app), i will give it a try in a lil bit in plugin form as that was the last cheat i added i never updated my plugin, i guess its possible the ram shifts or something, i did make a cheat for giving the enemies 1hp (just because i wanted to kill the death tree) and the enemy HP offsets vary, so idk maybe the girls HP does too.....i will test it further

as for the icon disappearing, is this the only out of region game you have installed? out of region games can act a bit weird sometimes, i suppose you could try applying the region patch to it

EDIT: ok big goof, i had accidentally left the offsets for P4's health in the girls HP cheat so good job you noticed it as it was wrong on all of the different versions, i have attached all 3 fixed trainers to this post and will remove the old ones

Attachments

• Beyond the Labyrinth.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 347

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for the icon disappearing, is this the only out of region game you have installed? out of region games can act a bit weird sometimes, i suppose you could try applying the region patch to it
No. I've had two or three European region games, Project Mirai 2 (Japanese,) and Petit Computer 3rd Edition (also Japanese.) Puyo Puyo is the only other game it has ever done this with and it only started doing it after I put this game in there. I'm definitely not having any out of region troubles.

EDIT: ok big goof, i had accidentally left the offsets for P4's health in the girls HP cheat so good job you noticed it as it was wrong on all of the different versions, i have attached all 3 fixed trainers to this post and will remove the old ones
Ah, lol. That would definitely explain that not working then.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just a heads up, in one of the black rooms where the girl gets new magic abilities, after she gets the teleportation magic, dont read the sign or it will crash the game....which would suck if you hadn't made any checkpoints saves (when will i learn :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Melon__Bread

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez... I hope the sign doesn't say anything important? I wonder if this might speak of a bug in the translation then. Do you remember which one of those rooms this was?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Geez... I hope the sign doesn't say anything important? I wonder if this might speak of a bug in the translation then. Do you remember which one of those rooms this was?
in those rooms, conveniently the girl always pretty much reads out exactly what it says on the board anyway, genuinely so you don't miss anything at all :P

and its the room with the black hole in it, but don't worry you really don't need to read any of the black room walls....or just make sure you save often, I'm just kinda rushing through the game so i can catch any bugs before people reach them XD

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. By comparison I'm really taking my time and exploring thoroughly. I tend to feel uncomfortable if I leave a floor unfinished. :-p I forgot she reads the text out, but I know on the first one she skipped over most of it or something as I recall. This does sound like a bug of some sort to me though if it can cause a crash. I doubt that's in the original to crash like that.

jipkai123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hello, sorry if this seems silly but is it legal to share xorpads here?. anybody willing to share your xorpads as I dont have the means to dump the xorpads myself and can only try the game out in cia.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello, sorry if this seems silly but is it legal to share xorpads here?. anybody willing to share your xorpads as I dont have the means to dump the xorpads myself and can only try the game out in cia.
If your system is able to play this version of the game (in cia or whatever) you should be able to get the xorpads also.
Why can't you generate the xorpads?
What problem do you have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: