OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Try downloading it again from this link: Tinke rev138
This is strange because as you can see here I have the button enabled...
rev138rawimport.png

What files are you exactly trying to modify (tell me the pac file inside the pkb)?

Fenix 97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok thank you very muck,now it works,yo're the best!!!!!!!!please can you send me the documentation abount inazuma eleven 3d modelsor where did you found it?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble importing into ncbr ncer based cells. (for that matter ncgr as well). The pallete overrides and I have to re-insert the original palette back into the rom. this is how it works the nclr, ncgr, ncer and ncbr all work together. The ncbr is just a different in that it has different tile size (from the ncgr) and its no tiled and not horizontal. I have tried doing it with save palete on and off, both insertions result in incorrect looking graphics. Also with transparency on and off as well - same results. If you need an example any of these games will provide it - master of the monster lair, date ni game, my world my way, digimon story lost evolution.

Now this only a problem for me in that i have yet to find a way to insert graphics back in successfully. Crystaltile2's tile composition tool inserts the graphics and changes the inserted graphics original tile width and sets it from objh123 to tiled(or vice versa). with the width of the "new" tile as the tile to read. the problem with this is that the ncer still reads the ncbr in its original tile set width. thus errors ensue.
Where as tinke can import it in the right height/width it just screws up the palette and the colors in file.

I have a feeling i didn't explain this right.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm having trouble importing into ncbr ncer based cells. (for that matter ncgr as well). The pallete overrides and I have to re-insert the original palette back into the rom. this is how it works the nclr, ncgr, ncer and ncbr all work together. The ncbr is just a different in that it has different tile size (from the ncgr) and its no tiled and not horizontal. I have tried doing it with save palete on and off, both insertions result in incorrect looking graphics. Also with transparency on and off as well - same results.

Can you upload some of those files (it's the best way to see the problem ;) ) ?
Only to be sure, have you tried with the rev138?

I think that the problem is that these images are in "Vertical" form that it's not supported atm in Tinke. I will try to implement that also.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Still telling me the pallete is wrong, then won't let me import. Or it overrides the one in place. then the rest of the image is then garbage. I did do an edit from the cell image export from this specific version of tinke just to be sure. (yes I have been sure to use only the colors found in the pallete in every instance).

There is a way around this but I was hoping not to go there. will update later tonight if it actually works I just did not want to go through that much work for all of this.

edit:
So far so good, I can do the images for Date ni game alright in both the emulator and the cartridge (r4) show the images right. The problem still exists though for digimon story lost evolution. Just to be sure I tried to do an edit of master of the monster lair - the images work fine.
I literally have to cut and paste the exact cell size in the file in question (with ct2 not tinke). so the ncgr are no trouble. The ncbr though if I am off by even a little with offset or size of tile than its screws up. (I really wonder what the heck is going on with digimon story lost evolution...)
Exporting the cell from the ncgr and importing it with tinke into the ncbr does not work (the aforementioned pallete problem). Even though the pallete is the same and the image is the same the imported image either changes the pallete or cannot be imported.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
So, if I have understood right, if you export an image from the NCER file using the NCGR file and then you try to import it to the same place using the NCBR you can't do it. Did you export the cell using tinke?
It's strange because the palette problem is because of the original palette and the exported image palette nothing to be with the NCBR or NCGR.

Can you upload some files with that problem and if you can the image you where trying to import (I can't get the images from digimon lost evolution since they are packed)?

Edit: What is the error you are getting?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
just use this narc. It has both date ni game and master of the monster lair (motl) file samples. As to digimon - don't worry about those. there are over 3024(possibly double that) ncer files I need to re-check to see if there is a second separate ncer than a chained one like used in date ni game. I need to go over the spread sheet with the files listed and do a better job tracking what can or does go with what for dsle again (insert mutliple curse words here).

EDIT to give a proper link in case I screwed up the last one. This narc also has an edited version of the file in question (with edit in the name) and some of the dumped and edited dumped images. Why post it if I managed to do what I needed to? In case it can be used to add functionality to tinke for testing as per request. That and I already said that I have more images files that work the same way.

jojo2107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone! Tinke is a very good tool but i need to pack some files like pkb or .pac but tinke cannot do it. Can you help me?

jojo2107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game is Inazuma eleven 3 sekai e no chouses the ogre and this format is the compression of .pac format. There are pkb and pkh

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
It takes some time to unpack it, specially if is a big file so, try to wait some minutes because is strange Tinke freezing. If it gives you some errors copy them here.

Anyway can you tell me what file is?

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
It takes some time to unpack it, specially if is a big file so, try to wait some minutes because is strange Tinke freezing. If it gives you some errors copy them here.

Anyway can you tell me what file is?

I'm trying to edit the title screen for pokemon Black, but can't get the NCGR picture imported correctly using crystal tile 2.. I was wondering can this tool import/export the images of the NCGR files? If so, how can this be done?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, i'm not very familiar with this tool ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think