ROM Hack Tinke 0.7.2

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Is that a serious question or a sarcastic one??
Well, anyway it's it main purpuse but like everything in this world it can be "misused" for other things.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Somebody in this forum should post less and work more.... anyway:

@[member='pleonex']: I was 32min too slow :( but a completed solution and not half as yours :P
To fix the double text (cell 5/6), you need to expand the NCGR as well and that can only be done by Hex editor (from what i know) but the other error (cell0/1) is something you messed because Tinke flips them but they are inverted (left right or flipped 2 times).
Anyway, i found another little error (in the last version and not in rev 129) :P
When viewing an image with the cell numbers in Tinke and when you export the image, the cell numbers doesn't match:
Yeah, I have to look at it... I hope to have time some day in my life... The problem of the flip can be solved changing a bit, Tinke overwrite twice this part of the cell (first with cell 6 and then with cell 5) so finally in the image it's saved the second one (cell 5) and when it loads again the cells, as this cell have the bit to flip the image, it's flipped again... I have to do a better editor.

Tried it - got same "out of memory" import error...

Every time when I press "Import" button and try to load bmp - out of memory error appears...
Oh... I don't know why some users have this error. The problem happens when the program tries to convert the image to 16 colors (4bpp), so if you convert it with external programs (Gimp, Photoshop), it shouldn't give the error.... Anyway can you try with this version again (using the image with 256 colors) just to know if I have found the error:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Tinke/Tinke%20rev129-ncer.zip

Thanks!

I would like to say, your Tinke is very awesome. But it actually isn't what I wanted. I have a request, if possible. For the game-supportings, can you make it able to support Kirby Super Star Ultra? If this isn't allowed, please tell me so.

Thanks in advance,
- Diabolos
Thanks, I will add it to the todo list, but what do you want to do? view image? translate it? (just to know what I should do)

@[member='Auryn']: Wait... Is Tinke only for translating?
No, it's not just for transtring but this is the main use. I didn't do the program (one year ago) thinking to translate games, I did it just for see the images from the first game of Layton and to listen the music (I don't like to have power on my DS all the day just to listen one song). I like the image from some games and their music, models... but also I like to help people to do their work so I try to help them adapting my program (in fact, the first versions weren't done to translate games, now I'm changing it to work better on projects) and because I really want to play to some translated games :).

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Somebody in this forum should post less and work more.... anyway:

@[member='pleonex']: I was 32min too slow :( but a completed solution and not half as yours :P
To fix the double text (cell 5/6), you need to expand the NCGR as well and that can only be done by Hex editor (from what i know) but the other error (cell0/1) is something you messed because Tinke flips them but they are inverted (left right or flipped 2 times).
Anyway, i found another little error (in the last version and not in rev 129) :P
When viewing an image with the cell numbers in Tinke and when you export the image, the cell numbers doesn't match:
Yeah, I have to look at it... I hope to have time some day in my life... The problem of the flip can be solved changing a bit, Tinke overwrite twice this part of the cell (first with cell 6 and then with cell 5) so finally in the image it's saved the second one (cell 5) and when it loads again the cells, as this cell have the bit to flip the image, it's flipped again... I have to do a better editor.

I made an error in my sentence:) It's not necessary to expand the NCER but just expand the NCGR.
The NCER needed just a new index on the right cell with the new added graphics in the NCGR.
Basically those numbers are not a big deal but need to know witch one are the correct ones.
I had to change all y coordinates of that image to be sure what cell attribute I have to change :P

Diabolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well, anyway it's it main purpuse but like everything in this world it can be "misused" for other things.
Actually, I'm not very familiar with this forum and all other stuffs yet... so, XD sorry.

I would like to say, your Tinke is very awesome. But it actually isn't what I wanted. I have a request, if possible. For the game-supportings, can you make it able to support Kirby Super Star Ultra? If this isn't allowed, please tell me so.

Thanks in advance,
- Diabolos
Thanks, I will add it to the todo list, but what do you want to do? view image? translate it? (just to know what I should do)
Your welcome. I want to do a graphic editor, and if possible, something to edit it's system. For example, to create new bosses or change movesets. IF possible.
-Diabolos

@[member='Auryn']: Wait... Is Tinke only for translating?
No, it's not just for transtring but this is the main use. I didn't do the program (one year ago) thinking to translate games, I did it just for see the images from the first game of Layton and to listen the music (I don't like to have power on my DS all the day just to listen one song). I like the image from some games and their music, models... but also I like to help people to do their work so I try to help them adapting my program (in fact, the first versions weren't done to translate games, now I'm changing it to work better on projects) and because I really want to play to some translated games :).
Riiight, Merci beaucoup. :)

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't do the program (one year ago) thinking to translate games, I did it just for see the images from the first game of Layton and to listen the music

It's ACTUALLY being misused because most of the people here are using it this way, and then PleoNex focused on helping everyone possible. And that's very good indeed.

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
Oh... I don't know why some users have this error. The problem happens when the program tries to convert the image to 16 colors (4bpp), so if you convert it with external programs (Gimp, Photoshop), it shouldn't give the error.... Anyway can you try with this version again (using the image with 256 colors) just to know if I have found the error:
http://dl.dropbox.co...rev129-ncer.zip

Thanks!

Tried this version.
Well, maybe it's not funny already, but... still "Out of Memory" error :)
While importing just exported picture, or 256 color, or RGB color, or png images...

However, I tried to save bmp as 4 bit color - in this case I got another error (NOT "out of memory") while importing it:

5a8bad650c071d1adfb7b7ef14d71176.jpg

:unsure:

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland

I made an error in my sentence:) It's not necessary to expand the NCER but just expand the NCGR.
The NCER needed just a new index on the right cell with the new added graphics in the NCGR.
Basically those numbers are not a big deal but need to know witch one are the correct ones.
I had to change all y coordinates of that image to be sure what cell attribute I have to change :P
You don't have to do this to know what cell is. This info appears in the "Debug windows" when you read a NCER file ;)

Your welcome. I want to do a graphic editor, and if possible, something to edit it's system. For example, to create new bosses or change movesets. IF possible.
-Diabolos
Ok, this is the other main use of the program, create hack roms (as you can see in the title of this forum). To do this you must know very good what does each file (if it contains the movesets, the bosses...) you must investigate the rom. Now i'm busy but if you have any dude you can ask me by PM or email.

Tried this version.
While importing just exported picture, or 256 color, or RGB color, or png images...

However, I tried to save bmp as 4 bit color - in this case I got another error (NOT "out of memory") while importing it:

Mmm... This is starting to be funny... :), I have another idea to fix it, I will try it this night.

Diabolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
-Diabolos
Ok, this is the other main use of the program, create hack roms (as you can see in the title of this forum). To do this you must know very good what does each file (if it contains the movesets, the bosses...) you must investigate the rom. Now i'm busy but if you have any dude you can ask me by PM or email.
I know, I just didn't know that much about this Tinke yet. Thanks! ^.^

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hehe, I know now why it wasn't working for you: we don't have the same game, because I have IE2 blizzard and you IE2 fire. It's just a little thing what I had to change, try with this version:
http://dl.dropbox.co...e/INAZUMA11.dll

Thanks so much for doing this... xD;; I really think this tool is already great for just being able to view images and sprites in the ROMs (an awesome tool for sprite ripping)... I have yet to try the sounds for IE... until then, this should be enough.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this version.

Mmm... This is starting to be funny... :), I have another idea to fix it, I will try it this night.

Got the exact same error when I tried rev129. It tried importing images a few times and the number xx of the tmpxx.tmp kept increasing but it always showed error message.

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi again... I was wondering if there's a way I could edit the .dll itself for the Inazuma plug-in so I wouldn't have to bother you so much... if not, well, I want to experiment with the Japanese version of the very first IE1 game (YEEJ). I know it has graphics different from the next versions, but when I get to the pkb files and hit extract, I just get another folder which I can't extract.

Also, I still haven't found those cut-scenes for the other versions... when I unpack those .SPF_ files, I get a message that uncompression is unsuccessful... maybe they're not compressed files after all? :wtf:

--

On the other hand, I tried this program with Prof Layton and the Last Specter... I'm quite interested to see how well this works with London Life's files, but some files seem to be compressed... damn. I was only able to view images for the screen that tells you to put away the stylus and some parts of the title screen.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
New revision 130:
http://dl.dropbox.co...ke%20rev130.zip

The IE plug-in is awesome, but it will be better if the files extracted from pac_ have nbfs, nbfp, nbfc extension, this is their real format. This will speed up the image reading, allows the image import too.
Thanks for all the work.
Actually the have no extension, they are just raw data as the nbfs, nbfp and nbfc but also as ntft, ntfp, ntfs... Well I have done it, it isn't easy as they have no way to be recognized (header or extesion) and they aren't always in the same order, so in some cases the plugin put the correct extension and in other cases no.

Tried this version.

Got the exact same error when I tried rev129. It tried importing images a few times and the number xx of the tmpxx.tmp kept increasing but it always showed error message.
Try with the new revision (at least the problem with 4bpp is fixed)

Thanks so much for doing this... xD;; I really think this tool is already great for just being able to view images and sprites in the ROMs (an awesome tool for sprite ripping)... I have yet to try the sounds for IE... until then, this should be enough.
Good news, in the last revision I have added support for the encoding Procyon of SAD files, so the sound from IE can be listened (and the Layton too!) :)

Hi again... I was wondering if there's a way I could edit the .dll itself for the Inazuma plug-in so I wouldn't have to bother you so much... if not, well, I want to experiment with the Japanese version of the very first IE1 game (YEEJ). I know it has graphics different from the next versions, but when I get to the pkb files and hit extract, I just get another folder which I can't extract.

Also, I still haven't found those cut-scenes for the other versions... when I unpack those .SPF_ files, I get a message that uncompression is unsuccessful... maybe they're not compressed files after all? :wtf:
I have added it, and yes, I have fixed some problems with .SPF_ files, but I have found that some pkb aren't decompressed successfully, I don't why, they look so weird :S
If you want to modified the DLL, here you have the code (it's in C#):
http://code.google.c...ins%2FINAZUMA11
You have to download it (I reccomend you to download all the code of Tinke) and the compiled it.

On the other hand, I tried this program with Prof Layton and the Last Specter... I'm quite interested to see how well this works with London Life's files, but some files seem to be compressed... damn. I was only able to view images for the screen that tells you to put away the stylus and some parts of the title screen.
I have just finished to create the method to extract them, so now the text can be view (I have not done the method to compress it so it can not be modified and translated, but soon I will do it).

Hmm so let's say I can extract some sounds, change them and pack them back to ROM? It would be very helpful in some cases, especially the EXE 5 one to not move all the offsets (trimming

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OMG this update is amazing... I can finally get through those cutscenes... :D Who knew they were hiding in data_iz -> pic3d -> scripts

Thanks so much, and I'll test around with Layton and Last Specter soon... xD;;

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
Try with the new revision (at least the problem with 4bpp is fixed)

Well, now it works, like you said, only with 4bpp images.
But .ncer is not rebuilded (discussed above, you said that you'll try to do this in future).

How do we save modified file? "Save ROM" & "pack" buttons both inactive:
90533a9b090a342d087d5bc9376eb856.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...