ROM Hack Tinke 0.7.2

Grendor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice in the trunk that there are plugins for Professor Layton and the Last Specter, but all is in source code. I can't compile worth anything, I was wondering how to utilize the DARC unpacker properly? Or is that not implemented yet?

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
How do we save modified file? "Save ROM" & "pack" buttons both inactive:
When you open external files, the change is automatic, it means that if you pack the NARC file again it will be change your original file automatic.

I notice in the trunk that there are plugins for Professor Layton and the Last Specter, but all is in source code. I can't compile worth anything, I was wondering how to utilize the DARC unpacker properly? Or is that not implemented yet?
If you want to compile only one plugin and it's the first time, first you have to compile the solution "PluginInterface".
Anyway, the DARC unpacker it's working good, you just have to select the file and click on the button "Unpack".

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
When you open external files, the change is automatic, it means that if you pack the NARC file again it will be change your original file automatic.

Maybe I misunderstood, but when I open .bin (.narc, or whatever), then import new image (and see, that it was changed in preview window) - there are any "save"-like button to press.
OK - I close Tinke, then open it again, open this modified .bin file again - and see, that there are no changes. I see original, unchanged picture.
I don't repack my .bin in Tinke.
It was previously LZ-unpacked by another great tool (LZ77Restructor 2 - http://www.magicteam.net/index.php?page=programs), and will be LZ-packed back with the same tool (after editing it in Tinke or in CT2 or elsewhere).

It would be nice to have something like "save changes" button. (or make "save ROM" button play such role and make it always active (where "ROM" means any file, opened in Tinke).

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland

Maybe I misunderstood, but when I open .bin (.narc, or whatever), then import new image (and see, that it was changed in preview window) - there are any "save"-like button to press.
OK - I close Tinke, then open it again, open this modified .bin file again - and see, that there are no changes. I see original, unchanged picture.
I don't repack my .bin in Tinke.
It was previously LZ-unpacked by another great tool (LZ77Restructor 2 - http://www.magicteam...p?page=programs), and will be LZ-packed back with the same tool (after editing it in Tinke or in CT2 or elsewhere).

It would be nice to have something like "save changes" button. (or make "save ROM" button play such role and make it always active (where "ROM" means any file, opened in Tinke).
So doing it these would be the steps:
  1. Open the bin file with Tinke and unpack it.
  2. Import the image
  3. Select again the bin file in Tinke and click the button "Pack"
  4. Then use your tool to code with LZSS
I think that your error was that you didn't click on button "Pack", to pack the bin file with the new image.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi pleonex.
A little feedback.
Your image canvas is too small on some sprites.
See this screenshot of the same image with your tool and mine.

Yeah my plane can fly because it has full wings. :P
tinker.png

I personnaly use the full coods allowed by OAMS (x 0 to 511 and y 0 to 256).

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi pleonex.
A little feedback.
Your image canvas is too small on some sprites.
See this screenshot of the same image with your tool and mine.

Yeah my plane can fly because it has full wings. :P

I personnaly use the full coods allowed by OAMS (x 0 to 511 and y 0 to 256).
Yeah I know, to see it with the full size you have to do double click the image and a new window will show it properly :).
In the next version this won't be needed to do, because I will eliminate the "Properties" box (and the picturebox will have 512 as width)

About your program, I have some files that give problems opening with it, if you want I can send you them.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
i'm not surprised since my app is aimed toward AAI2 wich has some specific format (a little different from lowlines NCER specs).
I solve a bug too since the last version, so it might work, feel free to test again.

If it doens't wok, I may update it to be compliant with all ncers, so you can share your files, I'll ckeck.

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been testing Tinke again with other versions of Inazuma Eleven, and it seems that it doesn't work for the EU versions, Spark (and possibly Bomber? I don't have a ROM for this to test atm).

I also noticed this when I was looking at the code found at your site:

Code:
{
if (gameCode == "BEBJ" || gameCode == "BOEJ" || gameCode == "BEEJ")
return true;
return false;
}

I think you added the code for the Jap version after you showed this to me but I could be wrong...? xD; But I don't have any knowlege at compiling things even if I did figure out where to add the Game Codes for the Inazuma plugin. But take your time on this, it's not really that much of a big deal... xD;;

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've been testing Tinke again with other versions of Inazuma Eleven, and it seems that it doesn't work for the EU versions, Spark (and possibly Bomber? I don't have a ROM for this to test atm).

I also noticed this when I was looking at the code found at your site:

Code:
{
if (gameCode == "BEBJ" || gameCode == "BOEJ" || gameCode == "BEEJ")
return true;
return false;
}

I think you added the code for the Jap version after you showed this to me but I could be wrong...? xD; But I don't have any knowlege at compiling things even if I did figure out where to add the Game Codes for the Inazuma plugin. But take your time on this, it's not really that much of a big deal... xD;;
Yes, I added it, and if you added to this "if" another gameCode it will load the other roms, ie: if the gameCode of the EU version is BUUJ (I don't know it) the if will be:
Code:
if (gameCode == "BEBJ" || gameCode == "BOEJ" || gameCode == "BEEJ" || gameCode == "BUUJ")
return true;
return false;
Then save the file, and run the file "Compile.bat"

To do this you have to download all the code of Tinke, you can use a SVN program like TortoiseSVN to do this, here there are more info:
http://code.google.com/p/tinke/source/checkout

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I added the games codes via your site... but I think you have to approve it or something... Maybe it's easier that way so you can also implement it to your program in case other users want to use it also.

Also GameFAQ is actually a good place to find the game codes, now that I think about it.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm now that there is no japanese support in the bmg plugin. Every other language yes. If you need a an example go go cosmo cops eur.
edit...
thats fixed...thanks for adding that.
though for chibi robo it seem n (number of entries )is being read as big endian (2300) when it should be little endian (0023) the vast difference in number of entries causes an error. thanks for adding japanese support into the bmg plugin. though now i have a request for the addition of change in the bmg plugin type 3 for chibirobo with the aforementioned little endian order for n. type 2 for little endian n (number of entries).

please and thankyou.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure how to update the files and stuff... but i have the Tinke 0.8.2.0 files.

anyways i was wondering when you plan on updating the pack to 0.8.3 or whatever as i want to use the Model Viewer for some pokemon games. Also any plans on OBJ exporting also?.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is the last version of the program: Tinke rev138

In this version I have implemented (finally) some expected features like the possibility to import any type of image (not only indexed BMP now png, jpg, tif...) and I have added the import function for RAW images. I'm still testing them.

I want to upload the next version soon because the last one was 6 months ago and it had a lot of bugs. Now I'm very busy with my exams but when I'm done with them, I will do the last things to upload it (I hope to be before the end of July).

The model viewer is not finished, not every 3d command it's supported and it is not rendered in a good way but, it's working so good with pokemon models. The OBJ exporting and importing will be after I have learned more about OpenGL (I'm reading a good book) and finished the BMD0 support but as far I have seen it's not very difficult to do.

Fenix 97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guis,sorry if my english isn't perfect but i'm italian!wen i open a image file(tile)with tinke,i can just export it,but the button import is obscured,can you tell me why and please can you give me one alternative?thenk you

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Are you using the "revision 138" from above? You should be able to do that with it (I imagine you're talking about raw images like .nbfc).
If you still have this problem tell me what type of image is (extension or header).

Fenix 97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no,i'm talking of the revision 138!when i open some inazuma eleven 3 images for example pic 3d/script/mbv_c.pkb,your tinke is fantastic bacause it meke me see images perfectly,but when i open the tile,i have two buttons:one "save " and the other "import" but this is obscured,how can i solv it,does it depends from my computer?can i ask you for your next version of to insert a option to modyfi tiles files directely with tinke?? thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...