TheFlow has hacked the PlayStation Portal, manages to run PPSSPP natively on the device

pspiortal.png

TheFlow is up to his old tricks, hacking PlayStation hardware once more. After a month of tinkering around, he's managed to get past the security on Sony's PlayStation Portal streaming handheld, and even gotten PSP games to load on it by running the PPSSPP emulator for Android. He credits fellow scene hackers xyz and ZetaTwo for the help in hacking the Portal, and says that he might showcase some videos of PPSSPP running on the device sometime this weekend. For now, there's no plans to release his hack to the public, and TheFlow claims there's still a lot of work to be done in the future.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i find it funny the people who are sticking up for the has been the flow. so what he is a security engineer. hes clout chasing like a loser.

if he did his job and kept quiet maybe i would respect him. but hes played double agent and switched sides and is now trying to act like people should respect him when he sold himself and his beleifs out the window for $$

the community is actually better off without the flow if this is his new way of doing things. he might be intelligent but gary bowser has more respect than the flow now.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The only hack I’m interested is a joycon conversion of those controllers so I can use it on switch and tablet. Would really like having that , looks super comfortable.

Reactions: AndorfRequissa

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only hack I’m interested is a joycon conversion of those controllers so I can use it on switch and tablet. Would really like having that , looks super comfortable.
i didnt think of that. that actuallys a great idea and if it was capable of working on the switch id buy one.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
What else can it run, from a technical standpoint?

From a technical standpoint should run, at least, all portable platforms predating the PSP. Special mention to the DS as the screen has touch controls. I would expect PS1 and below but let me hold for N64 or Sega Saturn. DOS games, such as DOOM should be able to run.

It has a Snapdragon 662 with four A-73 cores up to 2Ghz in turbo mode and also an Adreno 610 gpu. It should be plenty enough to run linux in some flavor. Probably android too.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a technical standpoint should run, at least, all portable platforms predating the PSP. Special mention to the DS as the screen has touch controls. I would expect PS1 and below but let me hold for N64 or Sega Saturn. DOS games, such as DOOM should be able to run.

It has a Snapdragon 662 with four A-73 cores up to 2Ghz in turbo mode and also an Adreno 610 gpu. It should be plenty enough to run linux in some flavor. Probably android too.
Doesn't sound very impressive for $200.

Reactions: impeeza

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't sound very impressive for $200.
Nope it doesn't.

My partner asked me if it's like a Swich lite because of the similar price, 250 CAD fyi. I was like nope. So, tablet? Nope. So, she was like what's it for then? I answered, so I can play PS5 games while you're watching whatever on the big TV. Lol, so she said "You already do that on the phone and tablet anyway. Why did you waste the money for it?".

Why indeed. :creep: :switch:
(the controller is pretty neat)

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So much salt in this thread its unbelievable. If you are not interested in the hack fine, don't look into it further and don't get a Portal. What is the point of crying over it in this thread?

I mean, why so much salt about other peoples opinions? Gotta love when someone cries about other people "crying".

I beg you all, don't cry.

This is very awesome. :bow:

The only crying myself and most others are doing are tears of laughter from ANYONE thinking this is "very awesome". :rofl:

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope it doesn't.

My partner asked me if it's like a Swich lite because of the similar price, 250 CAD fyi. I was like nope. So, tablet? Nope. So, she was like what's it for then? I answered, so I can play PS5 games while you're watching whatever on the big TV. Lol, so she said "You already do that on the phone and tablet anyway. Why did you waste the money for it?".

Why indeed. :creep: :switch:
(the controller is pretty neat)
B,B,B...but you could have used the actual PS5 controller on your phone already :rofl2:

Anyway here if I would want to play PS4 Pro and my GF wants to see TV I'd simply go play on my PC instead and thank her B-)

• Haha

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
B,B,B...but you could have used the actual PS5 controller on your phone already :rofl2:
Oh I know. I even have the clip for the dualsense and my cell phone. The performance is literally the same on both the portal and my S23. To top it all off, I also have a gaming pc. I just like to waste money really. B-)

• Haha
Reactions: guily6669

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better tell Sony 1st so they can patch it.
at least Sony allows disclosure of jailbreaks after patching (unlike nintendo)
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, he should have done something specifically for you, how selfish of him to do passion projects like that.
the flow has been known to partially disclose his hacks(if he don't only entitled brats who threaten him are to blame)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?