TheFlow manages to activate debug settings on PlayStation 5, no ETA on a release

Playstation-5@2000x1270-696x442.jpg

TheFlow has managed to shake up the PlayStation hacking scene with just a single screenshot. If you're aware of TheFlow, you'll know that he's known for a variety of homebrew projects, especially centered around the PlayStation Vita, with noteworthy releases consisting of a PlayStation 4 OFW 7.55 exploit, a port of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to the Vita, h-encore, Adrenaline, and VitaShell for the Vita. Now he's set his sights on a new PlayStation system, because posted today on his Twitter account was a picture of a PS5's settings menu, with a special option that's normally not seen: Debug Settings. Presumably, this means TheFlow has found an exploit for the PlayStation 5, but before you get your hopes up, there are no plans for this to be disclosed, and no ETA for a release. Still, it's quite interesting to see.

:discuss: Discussion Thread

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too familiar with how licenses and such work on consoles but I think I understand roughly what you mean and it is pretty bs.

Something I just noticed that suggests this is true is that he has a new badge on HackerOne called "Swagger" and it is given when you receive "Swag" from a bug bounty. Basically t-shirts and similar things.
Well, ebootleggerjoe held the ps3 scene hostage by forcing you to suck his dick just to get your games. He never released licenses, even to this day, so someone had to rebuy games.

Reactions: Tomato123

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh cool, I wonder if he'll be able to net some grands with this one. Also he should not release it, hoard it until something nice can come out of it.

xstationbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
one thing I've always been curious about.
because when someone discovers a flaw in a system it is only 1 person who can carry it out, and not at least 30 people?
for it is not possible that there are only 1 genius in the world.

1 George Hotz (GeoHot), 1 TheFl0w(a*****), 1 Mscires, 1 Yifan Lu and no one else can do the same.

it's possible that there are only these great hackers, 1 Bunnie and many others.
Impressive, but I don't understand why only 1 and not several?

they all deserve Oscar and an honor to merit.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bother showing something off if you aren't going to release it
He will eventually, the Flow isn't the show & tell type. Hes the very reason why the PS4 got higher exploits than 5.05
This news basically confirms a PS5 Jailbreak. So now is a great time to stop updating if you haven't already.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: cvskid

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe if you check every day, I think about getting one occasionally and there is never any stock.
It begs the questions why you'd want one already. It's too early, not enough exclusives out for the console AND it's just too early in the lifecycle for thsi console. Rather wait for some revision , that's the smart play

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's a kernel exploit for ps5 huh.
I know Sleirsgoevy has a webkit exploit for Ps4 9.0 and Ps5 too, and the Ps4 and Ps5 scene was waiting for the kernel exploits.

Looks like I will buy a Ps5 after all.
You don't need luck to find one, You will need money instead. lol
Good luck finding one...
He doesn't need luck, he needs a lot of money instead. lol

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It begs the questions why you'd want one already. It's too early, not enough exclusives out for the console AND it's just too early in the lifecycle for thsi console. Rather wait for some revision , that's the smart play
because earlier firmware = better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game