TheFlow manages to activate debug settings on PlayStation 5, no ETA on a release

Playstation-5@2000x1270-696x442.jpg

TheFlow has managed to shake up the PlayStation hacking scene with just a single screenshot. If you're aware of TheFlow, you'll know that he's known for a variety of homebrew projects, especially centered around the PlayStation Vita, with noteworthy releases consisting of a PlayStation 4 OFW 7.55 exploit, a port of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to the Vita, h-encore, Adrenaline, and VitaShell for the Vita. Now he's set his sights on a new PlayStation system, because posted today on his Twitter account was a picture of a PS5's settings menu, with a special option that's normally not seen: Debug Settings. Presumably, this means TheFlow has found an exploit for the PlayStation 5, but before you get your hopes up, there are no plans for this to be disclosed, and no ETA for a release. Still, it's quite interesting to see.

:discuss: Discussion Thread

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neat
But I highly doubt that TheFlow will release it.
Not after what happened the last time.
Can't really blame him if he doesn't release it. But if he manages to get some money out of Sony and they agree to disclose it then it would be nice. But I also doubt that he wants anything to do with the homebrew scene after how he was treated last time. Shame that a few idiots ruin it for everyone...

Reactions: godreborn

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you say that about me? I plan to quit after the ps4 scene due to the ps3 scene. I say, "don't bit the hand that feeds you," which is exactly what certain people have done.

No, I don't know you enough to make that assumption. I used to follow the Wii U scene way back when and a lot of good potential got wasted.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks interesting but I don't know going by how the PS4 scene has been. You'll be waiting years for any further exploits since its possible its FW dependent. Probably get patched. I'm not a fan of FW dependent hacks. Its only debug settings doesn't say much unless it shows a random pkg being installed & launched.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks interesting but I don't know going by how the PS4 scene has been. You'll be waiting years for any further exploits since its possible its FW dependent. Probably get patched. I'm not a fan of FW dependent hacks. Its only debug settings doesn't say much unless it shows a random pkg being installed & launched.
The issue isn't it being firmware dependant. It's if it gets released at all. There is good reason for him to never release this due to the constant harrassment he got from the PS4 scene when it was originally hinted at that he had something for 6.72 and then again with 7.55.

If I remember right, I think it was that when he originally hinted at those exploits, he got a lot of "ETA WEN" which was normal with this kind of stuff (It's even happening now). But because it wasn't released extremely fast due to going through hackerone and getting paid for the work he had done, people harrassed him saying horrible things and claiming he was a sort of 'shill' (Not sure exactly what they called him but it's probably close to that).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue isn't it being firmware dependant. It's if it gets released at all. There is good reason for him to never release this due to the constant harrassment he got from the PS4 scene when it was originally hinted at that he had something for 6.72 and then again with 7.55.

If I remember right, I think it was that when he originally hinted at those exploits, he got a lot of "ETA WEN" which was normal with this kind of stuff (It's even happening now). But because it wasn't released extremely fast due to going through hackerone and getting paid for the work he had done, people harrassed him saying horrible things and claiming he was a sort of 'shill' (Not sure exactly what they called him but it's probably close to that).
Said he sold his soul. Fuck them though.

Reactions: Tomato123

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quitting after the ps4 scene due to Fig!, Fugazi, and StlcardsWS. Wouldn't even be a part of the ps4 scene if I wasn't already involved. I may still hack my consoles, just won't share info. I have my contacts. Got flak for saying what the new pa4 hack was, and it made me feel terrible.

Reactions: xstationbr

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
TheFlow hates the scene and homebrew communities. He'll probably never release anything to the public again.
Don't blame him tbh, the homebrew communities often expect the world for free, and when something goes wrong they blame the devs who do this shit as a hobby, wasting their hard earned money bricking multiple consoles just testing and messing with consoles looking for exploits

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm quitting after the ps4 scene due to Fig!, Fugazi, and StlcardsWS. Wouldn't even be a part of the ps4 scene if I wasn't already involved. I may still hack my consoles, just won't share info. I have my contacts. Got flak for saying what the new pa4 hack was, and it made me feel terrible.
That's just what all the infighting of the scene causes... People to lose interest and avoid it. Hope the scene improves and you can reconsider that decision though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just what all the infighting of the scene causes... People to lose interest and avoid it. Hope the scene improves and you can reconsider that decision though.
Well, just as there are people who shouldn't drink due to having multiple dui's, there are some people who shouldn't be in the scene, they're in the scene for the wrong reasons. Ebootleggerjoe or fugazi as he's known now is a total dumb ass. Not a single content needs a fix, and all you're doing is making the content free. You need the rap or license to decrypt. He'll that's why nus on the wii no longer works. It's not dev or hacking whatsoever. It's just for the dumb shits who can't inject a license, Fig! being one of them. That's the basis of all hacking, making the game free to bypass licensing. In fact, ps4 licenses say free in them. Same as the switch which relies on a free license, yet dumb shits like cards think it's hacking. Download 16 bytes, nothing more or Download gigabytes and all updates must be fixed, it's your choice. That's why I supposedly lost the dev position on place, because game fixes would cause piracy. Yeah, can't do that with raps, dumb ass. I just wanted to show people it's bullshit.

Reactions: Tomato123

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does that pos explain the fact that cobra and hen bypass c00 edat licenses, a which only require content id? What would be the point in doing that other than piracy?

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't forget guys the flow Usually 9 times out of 10 reports these vulnerabilities to Sony for money so they can patch them before before he ever releases anything online.. So don't expect this on current firmware.

Reactions: tpax and Tomato123

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, just as there are people who shouldn't drink due to having multiple dui's, there are some people who shouldn't be in the scene, they're in the scene for the wrong reasons. Ebootleggerjoe or fugazi as he's known now is a total dumb ass. Not a single content needs a fix, and all you're doing is making the content free. You need the rap or license to decrypt. He'll that's why nus on the wii no longer works. It's not dev or hacking whatsoever. It's just for the dumb shits who can't inject a license, Fig! being one of them. That's the basis of all hacking, making the game free to bypass licensing. In fact, ps4 licenses say free in them. Same as the switch which relies on a free license, yet dumb shits like cards think it's hacking. Download 16 bytes, nothing more or Download gigabytes and all updates must be fixed, it's your choice. That's why I supposedly lost the dev position on place, because game fixes would cause piracy. Yeah, can't do that with raps, dumb ass. I just wanted to show people it's bullshit.
I'm not too familiar with how licenses and such work on consoles but I think I understand roughly what you mean and it is pretty bs.
Don't forget guys the flow Usually 9 times out of 10 reports these vulnerabilities to Sony for money so they can patch them before before he ever releases anything online.. So don't expect this on current firmware.
Something I just noticed that suggests this is true is that he has a new badge on HackerOne called "Swagger" and it is given when you receive "Swag" from a bug bounty. Basically t-shirts and similar things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol