'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' announced for next-gen consoles

witcher 3.png

CD Projekt Red's iconic title The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the PS5 and Xbox Series X. The company made the announcement yesterday, stating that "a next generation edition is currently in development for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt". This new edition will include ray tracing, faster loading times, among other visual and technical improvements. These improvements will be implemented across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be available as a standalone purchase on PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, and as a free update for current owners of the game on PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4.

:arrow: SOURCE

2tall2slow2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a big difference between the base One and the X on this game. Especially with loading times and menu/inventory navigation. Don't think I could play it on the original again. The graphics and performance enhancement for the X made a huge difference as well

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I've had it on PS4 for a while now but haven't gotten a chance to play it. And unlike Bethesda porting Skyrim all over the place, CDPR doesn't ask us to pay for it again :bow:

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Seeing this annoucment is kinda nice I think, gonna be optimistic which I can't do regularly with the way the console/PC gaming scene can be with these big companies these days and look at it this way, Free update with ray tracing and all the latest goodies for the gamers, experience coding on the new platforms for the dev's. Win-Win, thought am curious if there are any other games that get a much free post-launch support?

Tmpe0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least theyre free for people who already have them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder how itll work for physical owners

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder how itll work for physical owners

chrisjames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious if they'll take advantage of the fact that consoles now have ssds to reduce size, go now check since they won't have to duplicate assets to reduce search times, and both the xsx and the PS5 should be powerful enough that audio decompression will only be a minor performance penalty. More

Last edited by chrisjames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought