'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' gets next gen update

the witcher 3.png

The next-gen hardware-optimised version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is finally available. Free to download for owners of the original release of the game, this update includes a number of visual and performance improvements including:
  • Real-time ray tracing for PC
  • Performance and Ray Tracing modes on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X,
  • Performance and Quality modes on Xbox Series S
  • Support for DLSS on PC and AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution across all next-gen platforms
  • Faster loading times

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on new hardware adds new content and quality of life features such as items and quest inspired by the The Witcher Netflix show, new camera options, quick Sign casting, Photo Mode, cross-platform progression, map and UI tweaks and a selection of community-created mods integrated into the experience. The Complete Edition also comes with all previously released content for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt including the Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine expansions, as well as 16 pieces of extra content.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have also received a new update with a number of quality of life additions coming to next gen and the Netflix show inspired content. The latter is also coming to the Nintendo Switch version of the game at a later time.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, the update borked the game for me (on Steam Deck)

EDIT: Got it working.... needed to select DirectX 11 from their terrible new launcher

Last edited by Thardus,

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is much appreciated CDPR, but I really don't feel like downloading this game again on GoG 🙄😒🤦🏽‍♂🤷🏽‍♂

It's better to wait anyway before downloading it. Or atleast wait until the Patches arrives to make it more enjoyable to play. It has some nasty problems (PC Version), but hey CPR story again with not a good start, atleast not as bad then it was with CP.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome!!! I'm going buy Witcher 3 game on GOG website because this game is best ever! Stunning game!!! Wow!

Nintendo Switch don't have ray tracing then will be disabled by default in setting.

Next new Nintendo Switch 2 will release in between year 2023 (late) or 2024 will have first time with ray tracing support due to new upgraded CPU/GPU/RAM/storage. I can't wait to look at Nintendo Switch 2 system info in near future. I maybe going to buy Nintendo Switch 2 if have many great features, more powerful speed and have backward compatible with old Switch games.

I don't own Nintendo Wii U and Switch because I skipped both hardware are too weak (slow CPU/GPU/RAM speed) and outdated.

I'm going to buy PS5 Pro in late 2023 or 2024. Because I had my old PS4 and want bring my old PS4 games on PS5 Pro system to keep playing. ;)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's awesome!!! I'm going buy Witcher 3 game on GOG website because this game is best ever! Stunning game!!! Wow!

Nintendo Switch don't have ray tracing then will be disabled by default in setting.

Next new Nintendo Switch 2 will release in between year 2023 (late) or 2024 will have first time with ray tracing support due to new upgraded CPU/GPU/RAM/storage. I can't wait to look at Nintendo Switch 2 system info in near future. I maybe going to buy Nintendo Switch 2 if have many great features, more powerful speed and have backward compatible with old Switch games.

I don't own Nintendo Wii U and Switch because I skipped both hardware are too weak (slow CPU/GPU/RAM speed) and outdated.

I'm going to buy PS5 Pro in late 2023 or 2024. Because I had my old PS4 and want bring my old PS4 games on PS5 Pro system to keep playing. ;)
I think you might be a bit too optimistic about those predictions. The next Switch will be upgraded, but I really doubt RT support is possible.

Similarly, I don't think a PS5 upgrade makes sense (unless Xbox does it first) as they could easily sell many more base models if they just fully stocked retail shops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: For your steam deck ken?