Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

Chiodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i did see that

But the coding practices and delays are so long and Poor that they may aswell been coding by one guy
A9LH week 1 was more stable than this

so clearly fuck off with your poor memes picking out 1 minor yes minor detail and not the other amazing list of issues
before you try and defend a company like this

xRFatxo.gif

This kid.... Gateway support has been good Over the years IMO. Sky3ds has released how many new flashcarts?

Use the free cfw available if gateway is too slow for you...

Reactions: Exeplosion

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i did see that

But the coding practices and delays are so long and Poor that they may aswell been coding by one guy

so clearly fuck off with your poor memes picking out 1 minor yes minor detail and not the other amazing list of issues

xRFatxo.gif
Ok, you can cut it out. We get it you're a lovable cynical asshole and you're enraged at this for a number of reasons. I'm not gonna argue and defend Gateway or anything but don't you think you've done enough of this in the last thread? This is purely for discussion, helping ourselves out, and helping Gateway out. I requested for no memes, please see yourself out.

Reactions: cearp

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
KEnQC4I.png

You clearly dont understand the state of this release
this is beta not alpha not prealpha not pre pre pre alpha
they had source code for everything EVERYTHING
yet they fucked up on such a level its goddman amazing
nothing can excuse it
Hell they even poorly coped Plailects Guide
Which gives you Explicit reason WHY certain steps must be done
actually i did see that

xRFatxo.gif
Your anime is shit

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I know what goes around with Gateway's alpha.

Even though I didn't use a Hardmod and successfully went though, I used a different step-method I made (Format EmuNAND on another mSD, flash unbricked 2.x sysNAND to my NAND I made from Pallect's old guide, running go.gateway-3ds.com on Browser and completing the process). While mine did install on my own method, it's still gonna have bugs for all of you guys.

That's all I'm gonna say, though.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 50485 The team wrote back to me. Can somebody confirm what they're saying?

So, basically they are acting like the unbricking not working is a random occurrence (Despite happening to every n3DS) and they're confirming that they'll be blocking SysNand use entirely...

They might actually be idiots.

No, scratch that. They're definitely idiots...

And the question "Is it not working for you?" is kind of ridiculous. It doesn't work for anybody, so they should definitely be aware of that. 50% failure, I could understand. At least then, it might have worked on a few systems they tested. 100% failure though...

Well, they still have a chance to release a .bin payload. That would be nice.

Last edited by Townsperson,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically they are acting like the unbricking not working is a random occurrence (Despite happening to every n3DS) and they're confirming that they'll be blocking SysNand use entirely...

No, scratch that. They're definitely idiots...

And the question "Is it not working for you?" is kind of ridiculous. It doesn't work for anybody, so they should definitely be aware of that. 50% failure, I could understand. At least then, it might have worked on a few systems they tested. 100% failure though...

Well, they still have a chance to release a .bin payload. That would be nice.
They're not idiots.

But what's this I'm hearing about Sysnand being updatable, now? - I mean for cfw? Doesn't updating it come with risks? Blocking exploits, etc.?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They're not idiots.

But what's this I'm hearing about Sysnand being updatable, now? - I mean for cfw? Doesn't updating it come with risks? Blocking exploits, etc.?
Where were you last months ? :P
A9lh runs before sysNAND/emuNAND boots so yeah, it is definitely possible to have a CFW on sysNAND and have patches regarding updates to prevent the uninstalling of a9lh.

And I wasn't thinking they were idiots before that alpha, but now I do. Too much noob mistakes, too much time to do stuff that already exists, not enough features.

Reactions: Kyojin

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not idiots.

Updated SysNand is common now with CFW. With A9LH, you can have CFW protect FIRM0/1 from being overwritten, allowing you to update SysNand with no risk of losing A9LH. And since A9LH offers it's own brick protection, there isn't an issue with using SysNand only. Some people decide to keep EmuNand, but completely blocking SysNand use is stupid. You don't lose anything, considering most useful homebrew that require 9.2 are perfectly usable as a9LH payloads themselves.

So yes, Gateway are being idiots. They are outright ignoring certain advances in the scene because they feel like it. And they're playing dumb when critical functions of a program aren't working (During a beta release).

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Something is wrong with your hardmod or your system. I've been flashing back and forth since last night. No problems. Flashing right now from GW_a9lh to my Luma a9lh backup. Reboot your PC, then unplug any iPhones or other card readers, and try again.

What sort of a console do you have? Also, it's just weird: I can't write to the NAND at all when FIRM isn't running (such as on the bootrom error screen, and the gateway menu when trying to restore a dump made by gateway itself), but when it is, I can just fine (such as making a Mii, or installing a CIA), so I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I've tried multiple computers and SD cards for the Gateway menu (but not multiple hardmod SD adapters/hardmod-compatible USB adapters yet).

Reactions: astronautlevel

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GW team it seems really have gone out of mind with this release,i'll stay with my A9LH+Luma3ds and my GW red card can sleep in the dust like my old supercard one ;)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been patiently waiting for this update, and after catching up on some threads here, I see 11.0 broke downgrading and installing lower title versions. I get A9LH lets you guys run sysNAND and have full CFW benefits, but I still stand by my opinion of running A9LH in emuNAND, so you don't muck up your actual system, which GW see's.

No one realizes this is a paid for product, so there are some guidelines GW users need to follow to get support from them, and they must feel supporting A9LH in sysNAND could cause more support headache than it's worth.

Either way, I'm fine using CN to boot my GW menu and emuNAND still and I'll just go back to watching everyone cry about brickfest 2016.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sort of a console do you have? Also, it's just weird: I can't write to the NAND at all when FIRM isn't running (such as on the bootrom error screen, and the gateway menu when trying to restore a dump made by gateway itself), but when it is, I can just fine (such as making a Mii, or installing a CIA), so I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I've tried multiple computers and SD cards for the Gateway menu (but not multiple hardmod SD adapters/hardmod-compatible USB adapters yet).

You're issue sounds really strange. I wouldn't necessarily blame Gateway yet (Or imply that they're being malicious) simply because it's a beta release. Might just be something screwed up for some reason in Gateway's implementation, or it could really just be a fault of your 3DS (Unrelated to the current release).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been patiently waiting for this update, and after catching up on some threads here, I see 11.0 broke downgrading and installing lower title versions. I get A9LH lets you guys run sysNAND and have full CFW benefits, but I still stand by my opinion of running A9LH in emuNAND, so you don't muck up your actual system, which GW see's.

No one realizes this is a paid for product, so there are some guidelines GW users need to follow to get support from them, and they must feel supporting A9LH in sysNAND could cause more support headache than it's worth.

Either way, I'm fine using CN to boot my GW menu and emuNAND still and I'll just go back to watching everyone cry about brickfest 2016.

11.0 did break downgrading, though that really isn't an issue (Workarounds are available, and hell, you can just flash a pre-11.0 backup). Gateway is eventually going to have to deal with it once their NATIVE_FIRM no longer works with newer firmware. So, sitting back and ignoring these things is just going to hurt them in the long run.

But, it's totally your call. Use whatever you enjoy. Still, supporting the option of updated SysNand shouldn't even be a discussion. It's possible and entirely safe, so ignoring it is a silly choice (And outright blocking it is even worse).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii