MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Using Gateway's method is more dangerous and its still only a "Private Beta". The massive amount of information is the entire point about Plailect's guide and downgrading a n3DS is much more dangerous than a o3DS or 2DS. Follow the guide closely and you will have the perfect CFW solution for your n3DS.
Thanks, I'll report my results

Reactions: Luckkill4u

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... thanks, I find quiet complicated Plailect's Guide (Too much info :wacko:) But I'll use it if there's no other way.
That's because it's designed to be noob-proof and basically hand-holds you through the whole procedure. If you can follow instructions, it should be pretty easy to do.

Otherwise, if the process is still too "complicated" and you're scared. Then just wait for GW to actually release a polished GW-A9LH Installer. In it's current form it's pretty unsafe, and why it's listed as a "Private Beta" and why users are told the following disclaimer when visiting that page.
"DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!"

Reactions: gnmmarechal

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
That's because it's designed to be noob-proof and basically hand-holds you through the whole procedure. If you can follow instructions, it should be pretty easy to do.

Otherwise, if the process is still too "complicated" and you're scared. Then just wait for GW to actually release a polished GW-A9LH Installer. In it's current form it's pretty unsafe, and why it's listed as a "Private Beta" and why users are told the following disclaimer when visiting that page.
"DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!"
Yeah, I'm aware of it :P I have skills to Hardmod my console, in fact, on a confusion I have updated my 2DS on GW Mode... so, now I have to hardmod and reintall my already A9LH SysNAND hahaha, anyway, hope I can lead with this :grog:

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've used that https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax to update my a9lh v1 to v2 and now i cannot boot GW anymore,i have previously used the liomajors payloads(red screen at boot)and works and used a up_GW.bin into payloads folder to start my flashcard and all was fine but now only black screen in both cases,noticed that decrypt9 payloads doesent start to, giving error message,i have to update payloads or something else?please help!

Last edited by AlucardjX,

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've used that https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax to update my a9lh v1 to v2 and now i cannot boot GW anymore,i have previously used the liomajors payloads(red screen at boot)and works and used a up_GW.bin into payloads folder to start my flashcard and all was fine but now only black screen in both cases,noticed that decrypt9 payloads doesent start to, giving error message,i have to update payloads or something else?please help!
To launch Gateway on A9LH v2 using Luma3DS chainloading you have to use this workaround: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Reactions: logg

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
perfect resolved!!!!!in poor words i've deleted liomajors payloads too switching to v2 a9lh?and for decrypt9 payloads that doesent work now?where is a compatible one for v2 a9lh?tnx in advance! :)
I've never used liomajors payload, but if it works now i think you can delete them. For Decrypt9 it works for me (i'm chainloading it with START), try the latest release if you are using an older, maybe there is some bug left

Reactions: AlucardjX

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've never used liomajors payload, but if it works now i think you can delete them. For Decrypt9 it works for me (i'm chainloading it with START), try the latest release if you are using an older, maybe there is some bug left
It starts but give me an error and tell me to restart with A button..i have to try a new version of payload for sure

edit: that's the log:
Initializing SD card... success
0x03 KeyX & KeyY: automatically set up
0x05 KeyY: not found
0x25 KeyX: not found
0x18 KeyX: already set up
0x1B KeyX: not found
Finalizing Initialization...

Initialization: failed!
(A to exit)

edit2: ok used last decrypt9wip.bin version and now all was good,noticed that i can't still start the n3ds without microsd in,a9lh v2 doesen't remove that limitation?(probably in the future i think at this rate) tnx for the assistence :)

Last edited by AlucardjX,
Reactions: W4T4R1

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It starts but give me an error and tell me to restart with A button..i have to try a new version of payload for sure

edit: that's the log:
Initializing SD card... success
0x03 KeyX & KeyY: automatically set up
0x05 KeyY: not found
0x25 KeyX: not found
0x18 KeyX: already set up
0x1B KeyX: not found
Finalizing Initialization...

Initialization: failed!
(A to exit)

edit2: ok used last decrypt9wip.bin version and now all was good,noticed that i can't still start the n3ds without microsd in,a9lh v2 doesen't remove that limitation?(probably in the future i think at this rate) tnx for the assistence :)
You're welcome. I think that you can't boot without sd probably because you used the latest release of Aurora's A9LH implementation (downloading it from github release page), and the version that allow the no-sd boot need to be compiled by yourself

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're welcome. I think that you can't boot without sd probably because you used the latest release of Aurora's A9LH implementation (downloading it from github release page), and the version that allow the no-sd boot need to be compiled by yourself
i think so,i've read somewhere that exist a version that boot withouh sd but for now i'm fine,probably in the near future some update from aurora can permit that feature too :)

Reactions: W4T4R1

5ive

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basicly i did a huge mistake and installed gw al9h using the gateway method and now I am stuck on Gateway 4.50 sysnand.

I have an old nandbackup 4.50 but no hardmod.

Is there a way to restore the old nandbackup or have i fucked up :D

greetings,
5ive

Edit used gateway internal downgrade while pressing up and restored my original 4.50 nand backup so i went from Gateway A9lh to 4.50 pre a9lh backup no brick O3DS by the way

Last edited by 5ive,

ssj4gohan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, I can confirm, my N3DS and 2DS are working perfect with A9LH Stage 2 (Luma/Gateway). I'm going to mod my 2nd 2DS

What steps did you take to solve your issue? After following the guide on Gateway's website I'm now experiencing the same problems you had.

On top of that, my top screen is now flickering.

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
What steps did you take to solve your issue? After following the guide on Gateway's website I'm now experiencing the same problems you had.

On top of that, my top screen is now flickering.
I just follow Pailect's Guide since Gateway didn't work for me, then just used latest Gateway A9LH, which is compatible with other Payloads

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicly i did a huge mistake and installed gw al9h using the gateway method and now I am stuck on Gateway 4.50 sysnand.

I have an old nandbackup 4.50 but no hardmod.

Is there a way to restore the old nandbackup or have i fucked up :D

greetings,
5ive

Edit used gateway internal downgrade while pressing up and restored my original 4.50 nand backup so i went from Gateway A9lh to 4.50 pre a9lh backup no brick O3DS by the way
IwoJS3l.png

Sorry

Reactions: Davidosky99

innocence07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, Need help Im on sys 9.2.0.20E ( previously on sys 9.2.0.20J ) I change region because of language. Anyways I was able to get to Gateway dragon logo but can't get to GW mode or update redcard screen. I always end up onthe "Booting GW Fastboot:SYSNAND" with option "Press L+R+SELECT to continue" but whenever I tried pressing those I got black screen instead this is using launcher.dat (GW 4.2). Using GW3.7.2 I also was able to get to Gateway dragon logo but was not getting the "Booting GW Fastboot:SYSNAND" opetion then directly go black screen after.

I also tried pressing L upon Gateway dragon logo appears, and L+SELECT since I'm using launcher.dat (on both GW3.7.2 and latest 4.2).
I also tried this guide "https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND"
I also tried updating my A9LH to v2 still no booting gateway.
I have no previous emunand setup since I've already done the setup to clean and format my sdcard any help would be appreciated.

PS
Someone told me that need a donor SecureInfo file. Luma3DS patches it on it's own. Gateway3DS doesn't, so you'll black screen.
But I can't understand what she was saying can anyone help me please.
I use this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
And this one for in changing region https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing
DO I just edit my SecureInfo? If not is there a guide I can follow. THank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped