Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I can go to Luma to use GBA/NDS and Update, like always and return to Gateway for my Flashcart with my updated SysNAND?

Yes. You can just rename the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and place it in "Luma/payloads" (x_GW.bin for example, if you wanted it on X). Or if you want to run GW by default, scroll up. In the post before your first one, there's a link to my BootCTR9 configuration. There's currently a nag if you run SysNAND, but hopefully they'll change that next release.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes. You can just rename the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and place it in "Luma/payloads" (x_GW.bin for example, if you wanted it on X). Or if you want to run GW by default, scroll up. In the post before your first one, there's a link to my BootCTR9 configuration. There's currently a nag if you run SysNAND, but hopefully they'll change that next release.
Could try my setup?
I'm not a GW owner,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could try my setup?
I'm not a GW owner,

You can try it with either Luma or BootCTR9 if you just want to use the GW menu utilities (don't install their A9LH, it just boots to the GW menu). My BootCTR9 configuration boots to Luma by default for now, so feel free to check it out. I may change this later on. You'll know -- instead of there being a "boot_config_gw.ini" to rename if you want GW for default, there will be a "boot_config_cfw.ini" to rename if you want Luma for default. I am working on a CBM9 setup as well for those who like menus (they'll both be GW by default when I update I think, this is a GW thread after all, just seems right, but I'll include CFW alternates for both).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can try it with either Luma or BootCTR9 if you just want to use the GW menu utilities (don't install their A9LH, it just boots to the GW menu). My BootCTR9 configuration boots to Luma by default for now, so feel free to check it out. I may change this later on. You'll know -- instead of there being a "boot_config_gw.ini" to rename if you want GW for default, there will be a "boot_config_cfw.ini" to rename if you want Luma for default. I am working on a CBM9 setup as well for those who like menus (they'll both be GW by default when I update I think, this is a GW thread after all, just seems right, but I'll include CFW alternates for both).
I m loading BootCtr9 through Luma's chainloader and then to GW's payload (which loads launcher.dat on the root), it runs into GW menú but when I try to run Classic Mode into sysNAND, It doesn't boot, stays on black screen :/

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I m loading BootCtr9 through Luma's chainloader and then to GW's payload (which loads launcher.dat on the root), it runs into GW menú but when I try to run Classic Mode into sysNAND, It doesn't boot, stays on black screen :/
Why use classic mode? This was only useful in the past to load DS games iirc (Edit: and original carts) and you can do that using Luma now.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I distinctively remember gateway menu telling me to insert the gateway card to boot into classic mode. What launcher.dat version are you using?

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk
It tells you in order to use all features, you could boot with or not the card.
Im using the 4.0a one.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OK, didn't even know BootCTR9 could work through Luma's chain loader (not that it surprises me that it will). I was suggesting it as a replacement. Mine still runs Luma by default, but it allows me to hotkey B without holding L. Just thought you might be running out of hotkeys. GW should run straight from Luma.

Also, regardless of what it says, I think Classic Mode hasn't worked without the cart since OFW 7.2 came out.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a copy of my BootCTR9 configuration if anyone would like to try it.

It runs Luma by default, Gateway on B, ReiNAND on X, Cakes on Y, Decrypt9 on up, Godmode9 on down, EmuNAND9 on left, and CBM9 on right for loading everything else (has "Apps" and "CFWs" pseudo folders to keep things from getting congested).

I've included no init payload files (Safe A9lh Installer is in the "Apps" menu on my CBM9).

I've also included an alternate "boot_config_gw.ini" file that has Gateway for default and Luma on A (just rename "boot_config.ini" to something like "boot_config_cfw.ini" and rename "boot_config_gw.ini" to "boot_config.ini".

Backup your card's current "a9lh" folder and "arm9loaderhax.bin" files before trying mine of course. This is just how I do it. It may not be what's right for everyone. All of the configuration files are in plain text, so feel free to modify it to your tastes. Have fun.

EDIT: Changed the Safe A9LH Installer payloads back to screen init, no init was messing up CBM9 for some reason.

EDIT 2: Just realized I forgot the CBM9 configuration files. Fixed. Should be complete now.

EDIT 3: Decided to put Safe A9LH Installer on START now.

Where should I copy the "boot_config_gw.ini" file?

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it true that if I update while in GW sysnand mode, it will brick my N3ds and I can only unbrick by hardmod? My current setup is default boot to A9LH Luma3ds, but if I hold XY when booting, it will boot to A9LH GW sysnand mode.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it true that if I update while in GW sysnand mode, it will brick my N3ds and I can only unbrick by hardmod? My current setup is default boot to A9LH Luma3ds, but if I hold XY when booting, it will boot to A9LH GW sysnand mode.
You wont brick. Youll just lose A9LH as it has no Firm0/Firm1 protection. So dont ever update in GW mode, at least until they fix it.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Posted this in other thread too, need a quick reply. So, can somebody tell me what to do after getting your OTP using Plail's Guide (After Part 4)? Thanks in advance! :)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You wont brick. Youll just lose A9LH as it has no Firm0/Firm1 protection. So dont ever update in GW mode, at least until they fix it.
I feel like we need a massive sticky about this because this will inevitably affect loads of people when Nintendo release their new update.

NEVER update SysNAND from within Gateway because you WILL lose A9LH due to Gateway failing to block FIRM writes. Even if you only use Gateway, at least use Luma to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...