The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL are you seriously using this 6-years-old game as an argument ?

It was mostly a pile of shit. It got perfect reviews because of the Zelda brand. If the exact same game had been released with an unknown/less revered IP, reviews would have been terrible.

You don't seem to realize inflation is mostly just companies outrageously rising their profits.

No one forces you to play them.
"You don't seem to realize inflation is mostly just companies outrageously rising their profits."

No lad inflation is caused primarily by an increase in fiat currency blessed into existence by fractional reserve banking - each year the effective amount of money in existence increases, making any one dollar less inherently valuable

Compare to the Spaniards flooding the silver market with south American silver in the days of gold/silver currency causing massive inflation

Before fiat currency prices were fairly stable over long periods of time

Companies have almost nothing to do with inflation and actually video game companies have shown massive restraint not increasing the price of games for 17 years while the price of the dollar fell almost 1/3

Again, $60 in 2006 would be $90 today

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway I want to point out that the game is 16.33 GB so they can't even fit that on a 16GB cartridge, they need to go with a 32GB partridge.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried different sources and everytime I installed it (xci and nsp) and try to launch it, I get an "SC Card data is corrupted" screen... Every other game works without problem though. Latest FW and Deepsea. Dunno what to do anymore, trying for 5 hours now :(

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's an internal scene release now that states the following:

INTERNAL Reasons: this is NOT the final retail version.
this version is an early testing dump.
this version is fully playable and released ONLY
for archival purposes (Title Id 0100F2C0115B6000)

not sure what to make of it, since the xci you're all playing should've been a retail copy dump

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can confirm the copy I've downloaded works, but Yuzu compatibility isn't there yet sadly.

My switch is back in the UK too. Been in America for 5 weeks for work, 3 left before I can get can to it to install so hoping the Yuzu devs can update fast 😎
They will update for release date. They've said that they aren't working on leaked games. Same for Ryujinx.
Hence why, in opposition to what some people say, emulators are just the 2nd best way to play Switch games. The very best way is a modded Switch.

je1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would love for someone to port the "infinite amiibo use" cheat for TOTK.
Trying to test and update a guide on all the loot drops for the game as soon as possible.

squeakycleanswine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sending copies out early to stores, reviewers, etc.

Then there’s those who have access to Nintendo’s download servers.

Security isn’t necessarily the issue here.
Not discrediting the reasoning here, but is there a legitimate reason as to why this doesn't happen to triple a games on other platforms? It seems nintendo is the worst when it comes to leaks, but don't early game copies get shipped for ps4 and xbox one as well?

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not discrediting the reasoning here, but is there a legitimate reason as to why this doesn't happen to triple a games on other platforms? It seems nintendo is the worst when it comes to leaks, but don't early game copies get shipped for ps4 and xbox one as well?
PlayStation games get leaked for the PS4 as you can pirate those games, Nintendo is probably the easiest platform to pirate on by far, Xbox you can’t at all. I think this may be a part of why.

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get Cheat Engine to work with Ryujinx. Took a bit to save up on resources.
They're easy enough to find when you have more items.
You can do this for your materials and your zonai stuff.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't dump xbone games afaik, and ps4 games must be backported, since the latest firmware is not currently exploitable. the latest will likely never be with that or the ps5.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Games on other platform do also get shipped early, I seen people selling like Like a Dragon: Ishin! before release date on ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1