The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly have nintendo been doing for these 6 long years?

Not perfecting its own hardware to run this next over hyped pile of shit, fact it still has the same issues as the original is a joke, lets hope it doesn't come with that BS seal of quality logo.

That logo should read, well done, your a dumbass for paying this stupid price for a sequel to a game that had fuck all to start with, now here is the content you should have had, but we couldn't be arsed.

But its fucking hilarious that emulators run nintendos first party titles better than nintendo can LOL!!!!

Remind me fanboys, why nintendo should even bother releasing games consoles anymore, well might as well add games too, same shit recycled over and over.

No doubt its 6 year delay could be their next over priced inferior hardware console is to be announced soon, well, its going to need something before devs ignore it even more as they push forward.
TotK runs at 20fps on Switch hardware, which I find to be unbelievable. BotW is a Wii U game ported to Switch, TotK is a native Switch game - it shouldn't run worse than BotW.

Personally I believe Nintendo locked the game at 20fps on purpose, because they anticipated this will happen. They knew that people will leaked this game - it's their most awaited game. I think they will released a patch on launch day to set it back to 30fps. It's 2023 - no one release games locked at 20fps. People will asked for a refund.

• Wow
Reactions: Xzi and ElYubiYubi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Personally I believe Nintendo locked the game at 20fps on purpose, because they anticipated this will happen. They knew that people will leaked this game - it's their most awaited game. I think they will released a patch on launch day to set it back to 30fps. It's 2023 - no one release games locked at 20fps. People will asked for a refund.
Lol this is Nintendo fanboys we're talking about, they'll gladly take that abuse. Besides, it's not like BotW was a locked 30 FPS, so Nintendo probably figured it's better to have a locked 20 than a constantly fluctuating frame rate. Reinforces the argument I was making earlier about $70 games not providing the value they should.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Mike_77712

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
TotK runs at 20fps on Switch hardware, which I find to be unbelievable. BotW is a Wii U game ported to Switch, TotK is a native Switch game - it shouldn't run worse than BotW.

The Switch is just a tablet with tech from 2012. You cant ask too much. From the gameplay of the previews the game seems to run at a solid 30fps with drops when theres too much action for the Switch to handle. The game looks beautiful.

The problem is that Nintendo refuses to release a better hardware. And thats the reason why people emulate Nintendo games.
Its not like with Redfall and Xbox. Now THATS is an embarrassment because they be saying that they have the "Most powerful console of the world" and cant even run a game like Redfall at 30fps. And struggle against the least powerful PS5 on multi games.

Once the next Switch get released everything will be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_77712

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every day I'm shocked at people who don't understand inflation
NBA2K3 which started the $70 craze came out before inflation struck actually so mind eating your words a little?
Post automatically merged:

Lol this is Nintendo fanboys we're talking about, they'll gladly take that abuse. Besides, it's not like BotW was a locked 30 FPS, so Nintendo probably figured it's better to have a locked 20 than a constantly fluctuating frame rate. Reinforces the argument I was making earlier about $70 games not providing the value they should.
remember when denuvo said theyre putting anti emu drm in switch roms? i wonder if this is their starting game (a little late to the party but....)

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country

Is it really 20FPS? It looks so stable on stream.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
remember when denuvo said theyre putting anti emu drm in switch roms? i wonder if this is their starting game (a little late to the party but....)
Nah if it had Denuvo it wouldn't play at all without being able to call home to their servers.

Is it really 20FPS? It looks so stable on stream.
Because it is stable, just stable and low lol. 24 FPS is what most movies and TV shows display at, so some people don't mind the "cinematic" effect, but in video games I can't stand that kind of motion stutter/blur. This will be mostly, if not entirely overlooked because of what you can do gameplay-wise, but it really shouldn't be.

ikral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I tried to play BOTW on my PC years ago and it was too weak to run it. So I bought a WiiU and left 340 hrs in that masterpiece. I still have that same PC, slightly upgraded, so I won't be even trying to play TotK on it, bought an OLED Switch and Pro controller and preordered the game. There goes another hundreds of hours, but I'm not sorry. Time enjoyed wasting is not a time wasted!

Last edited by ikral,
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo hasn't released anything new for switch? So what is Mario Odyssey to you?
LOL are you seriously using this 6-years-old game as an argument ?

First thing is, BOTW got nearly perfect reviews across the board so it's silly to say the original game was a pile of shit
It was mostly a pile of shit. It got perfect reviews because of the Zelda brand. If the exact same game had been released with an unknown/less revered IP, reviews would have been terrible.

At some point games have to increase in price

Consider this, in 2006 games cost $60, that was generally the first time all new games cost that much

If companies kept up with inflation, $60 in that time would be over $90 today

like milk, bread, gasoline increase in price - so too do video games. And actually they have been probably the slowest commodity to increase in price
You don't seem to realize inflation is mostly just companies outrageously rising their profits.

I'm sick of all these games being leaked before their release date.
No one forces you to play them.

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
on the switch when you stand still it looks fine the moment you move all shadows flikker allot and looks blurry ! also the contrast or brightness is to high and its not my tv ! am i the only one that has problems with the power hand grabbing things is easy but turning things dont work when its upside down !!

Reactions: Ligeia

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet it will STILL inevitably sell bucket loads and make Nintendo unfathomable amounts of profit.

They'll send the ninjas in time over this though, it's a certainty.

musashiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's playable on Ryujinx on 16.0.2 but getting random crashes. Moving the file to SSD helped a bit but still crashing randomly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated