The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now fully playable in Cemu

Renowned Nintendo Wii U emulator, CEMU, is making quite an astonishing amount of progress. Team Cemu, the developers behind the emulator, which receives over $35,000 a month via Patreon, have recently released Cemu 1.7.4c, as of April 1, 2017. While you could play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at 720p on your Wii U, or even 900p on your Switch, thanks to Team Cemu's hard work, if you have a PC capable enough, it's possible to experience the latest Zelda game at 3840x2160, full 4K HD, even commonly hitting 30 frames per second. Of course, while there are intermittent bugs and glitches from being played on an emulator, as of this latest build, Breath of the Wild is fully playable, start to end, through Cemu. Not only that, but there are even custom graphic packs available to use as well, enhancing the visuals of the game even further. Of course, running the game in such a state takes a lot of power, as the video linked above utilized an i7 6700k and a GTX 1070 to allow for stable performance. Of course, you don't even need to upscale the game, though it still requires a fairly capable PC. While the latest build is backer only, the public will be able to experience Cemu 1.7.4c when it becomes available on April 9.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
throw $30,000 a month at n64 emulator devs and I'm sure they will work miracles too
I wish they do. N64 Emulation is far from being optimal.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wish they do. N64 Emulation is far from being optimal.
see this is kinda a sad precedence with people thinking voluntary devs are doing a poor job or something, unfortunately I don't think anyone would really be donating such big figures to the likes of n64 emulator devs because most people have already played all the n64 games they would want, and lbh its more fun being involved in beta testing something new/ground breaking

I'm sure once cemu gets to the point of it being fixing up very minor graphical glitches etc most backers will jump ship.....might be in the devs interests to not progress toooooo fast :creep:

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
see this is kinda a sad precedence with people thinking voluntary devs are doing a poor job or something, unfortunately I don't think anyone would really be donating such big figures to the likes of n64 emulator devs because most people have already played all the n64 games they would want, and lbh its more fun being involved in beta testing something new/ground breaking
Well, when you're not paid, you're not pressed to work as hard or as fast. Which is fine honestly. It's a hobby, and just something fun to do. However, if you were to hand people that insane paycheck every month? We'd see some real progress, no doubt about it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, when you're not paid, you're not pressed to work as hard or as fast. Which is fine honestly. It's a hobby, and just something fun to do. However, if you were to hand people that insane paycheck every month? We'd see some real progress, no doubt about it.
yeah, time to get mah patreon setup for my new switch emulator :tpi:

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play it at 10FPS with 1.7.3. I'm excited! You can use Amiibo bins with this emulator. I wanna see wolf link!

ATI Radeon 7870 (1GB)
AMD Phenom II 840 (quad) 3.2ghz
16GB RAM

The developer said in the CEMU subreddit that RAM should at least be 8GB to run the emulator and Breath of the Wild.

Last edited by Pluupy,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like people don't have the ability to make products for you full time unless they can have their efforts funded and be able to eat. Don't be so entitled.
You jumped the gun thinking i am entitled just from that. It was simply a question. I could get the real hardware if i really care enough about a game like that.

Reactions: Deleted User

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You jumped the gun thinking i am entitled just from that. It was simply a question. I could get the real hardware if i really care enough about a game like that.
Your question implied that the devs aren't passionate about their product and are only working on it for money, not that the money is what is allowing them to work on their passion without worrying about income

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, here I am sitting with my rig I built in 2012, and not upgrading it, because I have no interest in any games that I cannot run. I might just have a reason to upgrade my rig, but then again, I still have my sister's Wii U that she doesn't give a shit about.

I actually saved around 700 dollars for parts, but every time I get half way through looking through parts, I stop and ask my self, "Da fuck am I going to upgrade for? No good games are even out!". :(

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noice!

I tested this out today with Cemu 1.7.4c + Cemu hook 3.1.0 + 19k Shaders + 1080p Graphics Pack

Got solid 20-25 fps outside, 25-30 fps in shrines, 40-60 fps in menus.

Specs:
Asus X550VX
Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 3.5GHZ
NVIDIA GTX 950M
DDR4-2133 MHz 16 GB RAM

Already runs pretty smooth, once the NVIDIA shaders RAM leak gets sorted out, I bet it will run close to perfect.

Not bad for Greg the laptop :P!

Last edited by el_gonz87,

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
If Nint can prove they've stolen code from some kind of SDK software these guys will be screwed absolutely, but how are they gonna prove that if it's true? The only other way would be if they started selling the emulator.

There doesn't seem to be much honour between coders nowadays, people just take what they want. Friend of mine was working on PS2 emulation yeeears ago and some of his code mysteriously made it into PCSX2 without permission. Oops!

As for N64 I wish someone like byuu would tackle it. If accurate SNES emulation requires a decent CPU though I gotta wonder what kind of power would be needed for fully accurate N64

RyleWeststar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Nint can prove they've stolen code from some kind of SDK software these guys will be screwed absolutely, but how are they gonna prove that if it's true?
The Wii U SDK contains a bunch of SDK header files and a fairly bog standard ARM compiler, what "stolen code" exactly are they going to use from that for use in the emulator?

There doesn't seem to be much honour between coders nowadays, people just take what they want. Friend of mine was working on PS2 emulation yeeears ago and some of his code mysteriously made it into PCSX2 without permission. Oops!
If you can only quote one ambigious instance, that doesn't really sound like a trend to me. It actually sounds better to me than in the past, like when no$gmb used to be fairly regularly cracked and had original credits removed along with the name of the program changed and redistributed as if it was a different product... I just don't see that anymore in the modern emulation scene?

Last edited by RyleWeststar,

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U SDK contains a bunch of SDK header files and a fairly bog standard ARM compiler, what "stolen code" exactly are they going to use from that for use in the emulator?

The standard SDK that you've seen perhaps, but there'd be more tools out there - I did say if. As for the theft I don't exactly keep up with the "scene" any more since there's a lot of immaturity and stuff going on so you're probably right, things could be better now! Still plenty of thievery going on with other code though sadly. I just hope the Cemu team put some of that money aside for a possible lawsuit - you never know who's watching what you're up to :(

Oh! Just for lols wasn't there a re-released neogeo or something that had pinched GPL code in it on sale?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto