The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now fully playable in Cemu

Renowned Nintendo Wii U emulator, CEMU, is making quite an astonishing amount of progress. Team Cemu, the developers behind the emulator, which receives over $35,000 a month via Patreon, have recently released Cemu 1.7.4c, as of April 1, 2017. While you could play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at 720p on your Wii U, or even 900p on your Switch, thanks to Team Cemu's hard work, if you have a PC capable enough, it's possible to experience the latest Zelda game at 3840x2160, full 4K HD, even commonly hitting 30 frames per second. Of course, while there are intermittent bugs and glitches from being played on an emulator, as of this latest build, Breath of the Wild is fully playable, start to end, through Cemu. Not only that, but there are even custom graphic packs available to use as well, enhancing the visuals of the game even further. Of course, running the game in such a state takes a lot of power, as the video linked above utilized an i7 6700k and a GTX 1070 to allow for stable performance. Of course, you don't even need to upscale the game, though it still requires a fairly capable PC. While the latest build is backer only, the public will be able to experience Cemu 1.7.4c when it becomes available on April 9.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll believe it when I see it actually run that well. My PC is only slightly under that spec, and every game gets consistent and severe frame drops in CEMU just running 1080p.

(Okay, after some testing, the latest public build seems a bit more stable, but BotW still wouldn't be as playable as it is on Wii U/Switch.)
Did you cached all the shaders? That one of the major downside of WiiU emulation but it's only a temporary problem, especially since we can share and save cached shaders.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You continue to defend ignorance and pretend Cemu can play Switch games when that isnt true. Want to go full circle again?

He's not pretending Cemu can play switch games, you're pretending the Switch has more than one game anyone cares about. It doesn't, enjoy you're glorified over priced tablet that wont be getting any real third party support or current games the rest of the world are playing.

Here is what you have to look forward to at E3 ___(TBA)___ Yarn incoming 2018, New Zelda demo they will float for 3-5 years to keep sales falling off a cliff.

What is stopping ninty's legal team from C&Ding their asses until the next decade? They could legally sue the owners of CEMU for a couple hundred thousand in losses due to the emulator, right?

Wrong, emulation is entirely protected fair use has been for a long time. Really wish people would know the loose basics of IP before deferring to/cheer-leading our corporate overlords.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's not pretending Cemu can play switch games, you're pretending the Switch has more than one game anyone cares about. It doesn't, enjoy you're glorified over priced tablet that wont be getting any real third party support or current games the rest of the world are playing.

Here is what you have to look forward to at E3 ___(TBA)___ Yarn incoming 2018, New Zelda demo they will float for 3-5 years to keep sales falling off a cliff.

Wrong, emulation is entirely protected fair use has been for a long time. Really wish people would know the loose basics of IP before deferring to/cheer-leading our corporate overlords.
On my personal list

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Puyo Puyo Tetris S
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Sonic Mania
Splatoon 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Mario Odyssey
No More Heroes 3 (working title)
Sonic Forces
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

The console is only a month old, how much more do you realistically expect to be announced? More importantly do you also think this is all that will ever be released?

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
emulation is entirely protected fair use has been for a long time. Really wish people would know the loose basics of IP before deferring to/cheer-leading our corporate overlords.
Well true, but Nintendo shit a bit on Fair Use :P

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my personal list
Indie last gen shit
Indie last gen shit
Indie last gen shit
Indie last gen shit
Indie last gen shit
Indie last gen shit
Indie last gen shit

The console is only a month old, how much more do you realistically expect to be announced? More importantly do you also think this is all that will ever be released?

Hey you tout those indie last gen ports that are on every other platform. Tout em hard kiddo. I'm sure you and the former U.S.S.R satellite states are really looking forward to FIFA downgraded gimmick controller edition & that new season of Miami vice on it's way in VHS format.

I am going to go play Dark Souls DLC or a 5 year old GTA game that the switch can't run in 2016.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey you tout those indie last gen ports that are on every other platform. Tout em hard kiddo. I'm sure you and the former U.S.S.R satellite states are really looking forward to FIFA downgraded gimmick controller edition & that new season of Miami vice on it's way in VHS format.

I am going to go play Dark Souls DLC or a 5 year old GTA game that the switch can't run in 2016.
Wow you dont have a brain cell in your head if you think 1st party games are considered indie. Seriously read a dictionary before responding back to this topic, what a fucking embarrassment you must be to your parents.

D

Deleted User

Wow! Now I will buy a gaming pc instead of this fucking peasant conse! j/k
Making money out of a copyrighted material. Damn! Nintend0 would be swooping down their asses.
I bet the Nintend0 lawyers are busy now. j/k
Great news for the emulator scene nonetheless. Emulators are amazing, it makes things much more beautiful and interesting just like Dolphin emulator. But, I guess it's a gray area since it's like donation since it's patreon?
Even if they sold it in stores-its legal, there were in fact a few commercial emulators like a psx one, that were avaliable for sale in stores in a consoles lifetime, and they went into court with sony and won, the outcome is- if bios are costum and not extracted from the console by programmers (or are extracted by user from theur own console) and games are legaly owned by cotumer. Not saying cemu users arent pirates(mosta them are) just saying its not the problems of cemu programmers as they didnt do whats illegal (or did they?)

Reactions: ov3rkill

RyleWeststar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wether emulation is legal or not I find it a shitty practice to get money for creating emulators but thats just my opinion feel free to flame me out however much you want
Why is it a shitty practice? I've paid people to develop all sorts of things for both hobby and work and I've been commissioned to do things as well... Why is emulators a specific unacceptable thing?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Wether emulation is legal or not I find it a shitty practice to get money for creating emulators but thats just my opinion feel free to flame me out however much you want

The community are supporting talented people to be able to work on the emulator full time. The people with the ability to code the emulator can do it full time instead of another job, maybe only working on the emulator some weekends.

Nothing shitty about dedicating a significant amount of time to something and been paid so you can eat.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why is it a shitty practice? I've paid people to develop all sorts of things for both hobby and work and I've been commissioned to do things as well
yeah but i bet they designed their code from scratch and didn't copy dolphins...wheres the dolphin devs cut of all them 30k moniez? :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: PkPizza

cimmanonroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You seem to be obsessed with crying about a console that launched a month ago. You even made your signature a shitty joke about it. Do you just get triggered when someone mentions the console and start complaining about how only your precious PS4 has the new Annual Dark Gritty Hyper-realistic Sniper 15 Gold Edition? Holy shit, did it ever dawn on you that the Switch isn't trying to compete with the PS4 and Xbox One?? Besides, they're both worthless, considering PC obliterates them. If the Switch was a game box like the other two it'd fall into the same category of pointless watered-down PCs that charge $60 a year for online when their entire library is online games.

The Switch has the benefit of a ton of exclusives that justify the purchase for many people, the developers who worked on 3DS and Wii U games, and what is essentially a portable beefed up Wii U. Nintendo isn't trying to join this annoying graphics race where how pretty the game looks is the only thing that even matters at some point. Pull the PS4 controller out of your ass and stop trying to compare this weaker PORTABLE to the two PC wannabes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto