The House of the Dead: Remake coming to Nintendo Switch on April 7

Revealed during a Nintendo Indie World Showcase last April, MegaPixel Studio and Forever Entertainment's The House of the Dead: Remake has gotten an official release date of April 7, 2022. The remake will stay "true to the original gameplay," recreating the campaign of the 1996 original in the same on-rails shooter style, with multiple endings and local two-player co-op. New features include modernized graphics and controls, including gyroscopic controls on the Joy-con, as well as a photo mode and achievements. It will also have a new horde mode, where players must face waves of faster and stronger enemies.

While no price was mentioned, pre-orders are expected to open March 31, so the price will likely be revealed then.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't made a Zapper/Gun attachment for the Joy Con yet. This kind of game would be perfect for that.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the switch old tech inferior guesstimate joycons.

Skip the switch and bring classic arcades to VR and bring full 3d into an arcade shooter.
better idea: revive arcades and bring them back to the dominance they once had from the late 70s- early 2000s
no reason why they should fade into obscurity when they're the best place to have the most unique short burst game experiences.

Reactions: Kioku

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn nice idea! VR would be awesome, but i would keep it as a rail shooter, no movement possible except guns.
Yea I mean keep it as a rail gun but vr can offer you sat in the seat to look around.

Your in a 3d world end of the day.dont

There are loads of 3d shooters we could enjoy again with vr but no one bothers, they seem to think that era of gaming is dead, when its not.

We just can't play these games because todays tvs don't support light guns.

But dont need that with vr.

Fuck it, lets make a crowd funder for a good old classic shooter game using vr.

No tricky controls, just point and shoot.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I love on-rails shooters in the arcade. It's not really the same thing with a keyboard and mouse though. It worked so well on the Wii because it was a close enough approximation to the experience playing light gun shooters in an arcade. I had some good fun playing the House of the Dead games on that.
I want a couple of the Sinden light guns with the recoil addons, but they are kind of pricy, and I'd rarely get to play local multiplayer with them as I don't have visitors much and I couldn't be bothered to bring them with me when I visit people.

Lehnah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought HotD2 with the lightgun when I bought my Dreamcast. I LOVED that game. I'm very keen to see how this plays, but I can't imagine it without the lightgun. Using the sticks to move the gun sights just seems weird.

Reactions: Kioku

emilin_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my gosh. i loved this series so much(with exception of overkill, just didn't like that one). Will they be releasing typing of the dead as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch