The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 3+4 English Patch Released

3n4_release_promo_web.png

THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETE, THE COMPLETED PATCH HAS BEEN RELEASED: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-the-great-ace-attorney-complete-english-patch-released.534767/

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1-4) is out for 3DS and Android! You can grab it at the link below.

ENG 2.3.0

Download: https://scarletstudy.gq/download/
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for previous Episodes
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 3+4 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • New and improved patcher
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We didn't "americanize" the game. The only thing that references the Western version was already in the Japanese version which we left unchanged (it's an easter egg).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*six more episodes to go :ph34r:
Oh wow, this is so refreshing to hear. Congrats on taking the decision nobody had the courage to before. Looking forward to the work you guys are doing.

GentlemanGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work, and thanks for all that you've been doing :)

Random question, and I know this isn't related to the project specifically, but has anyone been able to successfully buy and use Japanese Google Play Card code, if not for this then in general? I'm trying to get one for the amount of the game through this link - https://www.codashop.com/jp/google-play-gift-code - as per the official purchasing guide, but it doesn't seem to be working for me -_-

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work, and thanks for all that you've been doing :)

Random question, and I know this isn't related to the project specifically, but has anyone been able to successfully buy and use Japanese Google Play Card code, if not for this then in general? I'm trying to get one for the amount of the game through this link - https://www.codashop.com/jp/google-play-gift-code - as per the official purchasing guide, but it doesn't seem to be working for me -_-
Sorry for the late answer. Our purchasing guide is still pretty much a work-in-progress, I'm afraid. What works for some users seems to cause issues for others, we're still trying to figure things out. What seems to have helped here is adding a Japanese address to your account, anything is fine - like a McDonald's or something.

You could also try to buy the game using a credit card directly instead of using a gift card.

We will update our Purchasing Guide once we have more feedback and a better way to do this. There are some people in the FTI Discord (#dai-gyakuten-saiban) who got it to work after some initial trouble.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh damn, it is almost done. I will wait a bit more, I don't want to get hooked in and then wait forever for another patch. :P

Keep up the good work, guys! Way better than what Capcom said it would be unmissable lol.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for the hard work. I hate to be that guy, but is there an ETA for the translation of the final chapter?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh damn, it is almost done. I will wait a bit more, I don't want to get hooked in and then wait forever for another patch. :P

Keep up the good work, guys! Way better than what Capcom said it would be unmissable lol.
Thanks for the hard work. I hate to be that guy, but is there an ETA for the translation of the final chapter?
DGS1 ends rather abruptly. The story is continued in DGS2, which we will also translate.

We do not make ETAs. Ever. Sorry.

Reactions: wakabayashy

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DGS1 ends rather abruptly. The story is continued in DGS2, which we will also translate.

We do not make ETAs. Ever. Sorry.
Yeah, I am aware of that, but I can wait for DGS2. Stopping DGS1 midway would feel like I didn't finish the game properly and it would bug me until the next patch. :P
I did the same with Gyakuten Kenji 2, I waited until they released a complete (but slightly rough IIRC) patch before playing it.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much for these! I was completely unaware of the android versions and although it is one of my favourite series, i was always waiting for official english or multi releases (like the gyakuten saiban 1-4 ds ones) but i cannot wait too much to play new content after 5. I just added a new account to buy the japanese version and will try to translate later. This will be the best company on my flight tomorrow!!! :D

Reactions: Uwabami

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue running this... First time i installed the game and patched it with IrisMobile on my Huawei P20 Pro, i was automatically refunded (lol) because it was less than 15 minutes of play time before iris uninstalled it (double lol). Then i bought it again and patched it again, now it is only showing the screen with the scarlet logo and the note about only working on legitimate purchases and after the same screen swiping from right to left a couple of times it crashes back to home. Any help?

Not sure what to do and the japanese game plays perfectly, as the second time i bought it i purposely played more than 15 minutes to make sure it will not be uninstalled again.

Could it have to do with which profile the game was bought? (google account). It is a 2nd account obviously... which is still on the phone.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have an issue running this... First time i installed the game and patched it with IrisMobile on my Huawei P20 Pro, i was automatically refunded (lol) because it was less than 15 minutes of play time before iris uninstalled it (double lol). Then i bought it again and patched it again, now it is only showing the screen with the scarlet logo and the note about only working on legitimate purchases and after the same screen swiping from right to left a couple of times it crashes back to home. Any help?

Not sure what to do and the japanese game plays perfectly, as the second time i bought it i purposely played more than 15 minutes to make sure it will not be uninstalled again.

Could it have to do with which profile the game was bought? (google account). It is a 2nd account obviously... which is still on the phone.
Yes, the thing about the automatic refund is something we noticed shortly after the public release (and we put up a note about it on our purchasing guide). We all were way past the refund window when we tested our stuff :ph34r:

Regarding the boot loop: please file an issue report here: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-Android-Release/issues

The nature of Android is that there are hundreds of different device configurations we could impossibly test before the release. If the unpatched game works, I'm sure we can find out why the patch does not and fix it :)

Reactions: geodeath

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the thing about the automatic refund is something we noticed shortly after the public release (and we put up a note about it on our purchasing guide). We all were way past the refund window when we tested our stuff :ph34r:

Regarding the boot loop: please file an issue report here: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-Android-Release/issues

The nature of Android is that there are hundreds of different device configurations we could impossibly test before the release. If the unpatched game works, I'm sure we can find out why the patch does not and fix it :)

Will sure do and appreciate all work and support :) Trying once more and then will try to find an error log if it exists as there is no error reporting before it is crashing.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will sure do and appreciate all work and support :) Trying once more and then will try to find an error log if it exists as there is no error reporting before it is crashing.
If your phone is rooted, you could provide us with a "tombstone" of the crash, which would help a lot. If you are on Discord, you can also join the FTI Server, we provide support in #dai-gyakuten-saiban.

Reactions: geodeath

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
If your phone is rooted, you could provide us with a "tombstone" of the crash, which would help a lot. If you are on Discord, you can also join the FTI Server, we provide support in #dai-gyakuten-saiban.

Not rooted unfortunately and not really planning to unless necessary, i will definitely file the error and let's take it from there :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D