Country
Serbia, Republic of
why the stardew valler is asking me

"a software update is required.
Update data will be downloaded"

my switch is;
current version: 16.1.0 | AMS 1.5.5|S

am i missing something?
That's weird. As far as I can check, Stardew Valley with its latest update requires firmware 12.0.3.
I guess it could be that you have a pending update downloaded and you need to remove it by going into the maintenance mode.

Do the following:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well.
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Hold volume + and volume - at the same time and, while holding them, press the power button. After a while your Switch will enter into the maintenance mode. At this point the pending update is deleted.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
Hopefully, that will fix the pending update error.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://pasteboard.co/yGebJK0dCyj8.jpg

see my image using hekate, someone told me that i can check
am i doing it right?

is it original?
it says model "SN256" -

is it really just 256 gig?
"nintendo x sandisk" is it original?
Yep, it looks like a 256GB SD card. And you were saying it said 400GB on the card itself? That's really fishy. You should do as @Blythe93 suggested and check the card with H2testw just to make sure. But really, you should get back to the seller and ask him why you got a 256GB card instead of a 400GB. A 256GB card is not big enough on the Switch. In no time at all, you will fill it up.

Reactions: Blythe93

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there
My switchs emuNand is at HOS 13.2.1 and AMS 1.2.6.
Which is the best HOS/AMS combo, if I want to update?
Is loading via hekate and package3 still a thing?
How to check if prodinfo is blanked or not?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there

There is no best HOS/ATS combo, you can use one of the pre build pack or update Atmosphere and Hekate yourself. You can use Hekate to load Atmosphere or use fusee.bin, as for prodinfo, if it is blanked out, you will get serial number like XAW000000000000.

Reactions: susi91 and Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi there
In addition to what @Hayato213 said, make sure to set up DNS MITM and use it instead of prodinfo blanking (it no longer works as it was fixed in the most recent firmware).
Also, grab the latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) because these are required for games to work.
Sadly, starting from the next version of Atmosphere (i.e. after 1.6.2), kip patches will no longer work so you'll need to load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate instead (source: here and here).

WOWRenegade

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone,

After reading the many useful posts in this forum while trying to repair a friend's Switch, I have decided to ask for your help. I received the Switch and it was not turning on at all. No boot logo or anything. Therefore, I decided to measure the current being drawn by the console. I measured 15 V and 0.5 A, so I assumed that M92T36 was working fine, since the 15 V indicate that fast charging is active. After that, I decided to connect the Switch to the PC and it was detected in APX mode, so I gave it a try and load TegraRcmGUI and indeed, the console was being detected in RCM mode. I tried sending a payload, but the console is a V1 patched model, so no possibility of running Hekate.

In light of the above, I drew the following conclusion: the Switch is stuck in AutoRCM because there is some problem with the EMMC and it cannot load the OS. I disassembled the console and check for shorts around M92T36 just in case, but everything was looking fine.

What are my options at this point? I read something about rebuilding the NAND, and I saw some adapters to dump the NAND via Linux with an special adapter, but I think that since I do not have the "keys" (prod.keys, master.keys? I still do not fully understand what they are) I cannot decrypt the NAND contents and try to rebuild it.

I have also considered the possibility of soldering some modchip in order to run Hekate and check the status of the NAND, or at least do the NAND dumping to the microSD, but I see many different modchips around Aliexpress and I don't really know which one I should use.

I really appreciate any possible help you can give to this newbie.

Thanks in advance :)
I want to share with you my findings after doing some more testing in this faulty Switch. I hope this is useful for someone :)

Turns out that SOC entering RCM automatically (patched Erista board), and being detected by TegraRcmGUI, should not necessarily mean that the SOC is not capable of loading the contents of the EMMC. I disassembled the whole board and left it to the bare minimum (board + battery) and did some more testing. With the battery disconected, I checked once again for shorts (now including the bottom part of the board) and I found some suspicious shorted capacitors around MAX77620 and MAX77621AEWI (there are two on the board, the one closer to the EMMC). I attach two photos of the shorted caps (marked in red).

I am going to order those ICs (77620 and 77621) from Aliexpress and try to replace them and see if it fixes the problem. I will keep informing.

IMG_20231229_001210.jpg

IMG_20231229_000700.jpg

Reactions: Blythe93

insanecrazydude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I bought those cheap $20 modchips and I'm about to solder it onto the switch lite. Do I need to do anything beforehand or is the modchip ready to go? Is the firmware on that RaspPi up to date and everything?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sa-yamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i just came back to the scene from 3 or 4 years ago and kept reading but i have a question:

my switch early release is on : (ofw 10.0.2) (atmosphere 0.12.0) (using partition emu mmc) , its offline always,

my usual method of upgrading is using :
1-checkpoint (to backup saves)
2-restore a clean nand with hekate (i make a nand before messing with anything homebrew or others)
3-exits airplane mode update online to latest ofw, then enter airplane mode and delete saved wifi, then back up a nand for the new update
4-use latest atmosphere (additional step i made is emu nand in 10.0.2)

this is how i moved from (4.0.0) , (5.0.1) ,(8.0.0). to (10.0.2)

i read in ofw 17 it bricks your switch even if there was no cfw when you update to it and you have a history of performing ( wiped/reset using unofficial methods in the past) accurding to SciresM and he mentions (Tools like Haku33 or TegraExplorer or EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour)

a-the question is does this include what i did when restoring nand with hekate? will it affect me?

b- also is my method will work when i update to 17.0.2 ?

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just came back to the scene from 3 or 4 years ago and kept reading but i have a question:

my switch early release is on : (ofw 10.0.2) (atmosphere 0.12.0) (using partition emu mmc) , its offline always,

my usual method of upgrading is using :
1-checkpoint (to backup saves)
2-restore a clean nand with hekate (i make a nand before messing with anything homebrew or others)
3-exits airplane mode update online to latest ofw, then enter airplane mode and delete saved wifi, then back up a nand for the new update
4-use latest atmosphere (additional step i made is emu nand in 10.0.2)

this is how i moved from (4.0.0) , (5.0.1) ,(8.0.0). to (10.0.2)

i read in ofw 17 it bricks your switch even if there was no cfw when you update to it and you have a history of performing ( wiped/reset using unofficial methods in the past) accurding to SciresM and he mentions (Tools like Haku33 or TegraExplorer or EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour)

a-the question is does this include what i did when restoring nand with hekate? will it affect me?

b- also is my method will work when i update to 17.0.2 ?
From what I know, only sysnands are affected from this and atmosphere 1.6.2 solved that issue.
Keep a clean backup of the sys nand and all the keys, I guess you should be good if anything unusual happens.

I'm not an expert in these stuffs, wait for someone with more knowledge to share it, then give it a try

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should be fine. For step 1, you can use Checkpoint or JKSV.

For step 2, If you are restoring a dump to sysnand, you better be sure you never went online on ofw sysnand since that dump was made, because you will also be overwriting telemetry logs. If you ever went online, the servers now know which logs should be there, and you might get a ban because the most recent ones are suddenly missing from your console.

As for FW 17+, it no longer allows a blank prodinfo to reach the servers, so if you blanked it by any method (e.g. Incognito or exosphere), and you don't block the servers, then it will crash whenever you go online. But that's not a brick. The solution to that is to use Atmosphere's DNSMITM (or equivalent method) to avoid connecting to those servers, and/or disable blanking in exosphere (also restoring original prodinfo from Incognito backup, if needed).

sa-yamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Should be fine. For step 1, you can use Checkpoint or JKSV.

For step 2, If you are restoring a dump to sysnand, you better be sure you never went online on ofw sysnand since that dump was made, because you will also be overwriting telemetry logs. If you ever went online, the servers now know which logs should be there, and you might get a ban because the most recent ones are suddenly missing from your console.

As for FW 17+, it no longer allows a blank prodinfo to reach the servers, so if you blanked it by any method (e.g. Incognito or exosphere), and you don't block the servers, then it will crash whenever you go online. But that's not a brick. The solution to that is to use Atmosphere's DNSMITM (or equivalent method) to avoid connecting to those servers, and/or disable blanking in exosphere (also restoring original prodinfo from Incognito backup, if needed).
when i restore to the nand and its (as i think clean) i do go online to update to the last ofw
so when i restore to that nand backup wont the telemetry be of that moment when i made the backup??

i didint understand the second part will my method not work?

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i restore to the nand and its (as i think clean) i do go online to update to the last ofw
so when i restore to that nand backup wont the telemetry be of that moment when i made the backup??
Correct. In step 3 you are disabling WiFi on OFW and then making a backup. If you ever enable WiFi on OFW again, you'll have to make a new backup when you're done. Just don't restore the previous one if you used WiFi on sysnand since the last time.
i didint understand the second part will my method not work?
If you never used Incognito or any other method to blank your prodinfo on sysnand, you don't have to worry about it, just enable Atmosphere DNSMITM and (optionally) disable blanking in Exosphere.
Post automatically merged:

From what I know, only sysnands are affected from this and atmosphere 1.6.2 solved that issue.
Ah, my bad, I misunderstood that. Looks like sa-yamato meant this issue. I haven't experienced it, but as far as I can understand, if it happens to you, having Atmosphere 1.6.1+ and using it to boot 17+ on sysmmc once should be enough to fix it.
Keep a clean backup of the sys nand and all the keys, I guess you should be good if anything unusual happens.
This is always good advice.

Last edited by Nephiel,

sa-yamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Correct. In step 3 you are disabling WiFi on OFW and then making a backup. If you ever enable WiFi on OFW again, you'll have to make a new backup when you're done. Just don't restore the previous one if you used WiFi on sysnand since the last time.

If you never used Incognito or any other method to blank your prodinfo on sysnand, you don't have to worry about it, just enable Atmosphere DNSMITM and (optionally) disable blanking in Exosphere.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood that. Looks like sa-yamato meant this issue. I haven't experienced it, but as far as I can understand, if it happens to you, having Atmosphere 1.6.1+ and using it to boot 17+ on sysmmc once should be enough to fix it.

This is always good advice.
oh so no one knows if (restore a clean nand with hekate) is among the things that SciresM meant when he wrote ( wiped/reset using unofficial methods in the past) and he mentions (Tools like Haku33 or TegraExplorer or EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour)

should i take the risk and do it? i always read that clean instal of cfw have little risk of anything going south but this.

anyone else have an experience if a previous nand restore with hekate will effect updating ofw with to 17 ?
also another question the other option i have read is (updating the emunand only) not sys nand to 17 through daybraek. the question is will this burn fuses?? and if i boot to cfw sys nand or stock nand will this burn fuses??
so i will have a access to (emu nand 17.0.2) and (cfw sys nand or stock nand 10.0.4) is my understanding correct??

ps: i know that the game cart wont work until i delete this updated emu nand

mcd123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should latest atmosphere work with 16.1.0 fw

Updated ams & fw
Struggle to boot into ams rekado no longer working
Games including tinfoil now say corrupted data message.

Have update sigpatches to latest
*Did update wrong way around update ofw first then ams/etc*

Any advice on what to do/should I update to 17.0 thank

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Should latest atmosphere work with 16.1.0 fw
Atmosphere should be backwards compatible, so yes. It should work.
Struggle to boot into ams rekado no longer working
Did you update the payload on Rekado as well? Also, firmware 17.0.0 introduced some changes to the save file management so some people may experience that they are not able to boot into CFW if they've ever used Haku33 / TegraExplorer / EmmcHaccGen / ChoiDujour to clean or reset their console. In that case, you'll need to boot Atmosphere 1.6.1 or higher on sysMMC. If you're using emuMMC and want to make sure that you're really booting into sysMMC, boot into Hekate and go to emuMMC > Change emuMMC and select DIsable. After that, just send fusee.bin payload (or boot to sysMMC via Hekate) and it should boot into sysMMC. More on this issue can be found here.
Any advice on what to do/should I update to 17.0 thank
Just get the latest Hekate, Atmosphere, latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) because these are required for games to work.
In case that some games do not work anymore, I'd suggest that you reinstall the ones that do not work using either DBI Installer (which I personally use) or TInWoo Installer.
In case you still have some problems with the games you're trying to install, check this thread for more troubleshooting info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz