Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, will check when I get home. But if the fuses are okay, I can downgrade?

If your fuse count is 19, it meant you won't be able to boot ofw without a custom bootloader like hekate, since 16.x.x expect a fuse count of 18.

Before downgrading the firmware, make a backup of firmware 17.0.0 boot0/boot1 and the raw nand in case if there are any issues.

If you care about online play and you have a clean ofw then leave it on firmware 17.0.0.

Reactions: Blythe93

Adelherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even if i boot into Stock the serial number of my switch is XAW000000000. Is it correct or did i do something wrong and only EmuNAND should be like this and this will get me banned?

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
EDIT: Nevermind :), I was stupid, saying the same thing twice. This post can be deleted.
Post automatically merged:

If your fuse count is 19, it meant you won't be able to boot ofw without a custom bootloader like hekate, since 16.x.x expect a fuse count of 18.

Before downgrading the firmware, make a backup of firmware 17.0.0 boot0/boot1 and the raw nand in case if there are any issues.

If you care about online play and you have a clean ofw then leave it on firmware 17.0.0.
I have clean 17.0.0, but I will make a NAND backup, I always do. And for online I use my second and third Switch Lite. This launch Switch is my CFW baby, haha. So if my fusecount is 19, then I don't have a problem since I never boot into OFW on this Switch anyway. Am I right about this? And if I want to boot in OWF I need Hekate which will be present on the Switch anyways, so this sounds good. But I will check and let you know, in about 3-4 hours. I'm at work now.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So if my fusecount is 19, then I don't have a problem since I never boot into OFW on this Switch anyway. Am I right about this? And if I want to boot in OWF I need Hekate which will be present on the Switch anyways, so this sounds good.
If your fuse count is 19, lowest firmware you can downgrade to is 17.0.0, meaning you can't downgrade lower than that to e.g. 16.1.0 unless you're using CFW.

If you had cleaned or reset your Switch prior to updating to firmware 17.0.0 (i.e. used Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour to reset or clean your Switch), you'll most likely be unable to boot into your stock firmware. Therefore, booting into Atmosphere (v1.6.1 or higher) at least once will automatically fix the issue. More about that here.

If you didn't clean or reset your Switch using unofficial tools, then you'll be good to go, everything should be working just fine. You'll be able to boot into OFW the usual way, just start your Switch normally.

I'd advise against dowgrading your stock firmware unless you know what you're doing and you made NAND backups that @Hayato213 mentioned. As far as I know, there's nothing to be gained from doing that. Just keep your Atmosphere emuNAND on 16.1.0 and grab the latest sigpatches (for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1) and everything should be fine for now.

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If your fuse count is 19, lowest firmware you can downgrade to is 17.0.0, meaning you can't downgrade lower than that to e.g. 16.1.0 unless you're using CFW.

If you had cleaned or reset your Switch prior to updating to firmware 17.0.0 (i.e. used Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour to reset or clean your Switch), you'll most likely be unable to boot into your stock firmware. Therefore, booting into Atmosphere (v1.6.1 or higher) at least once will automatically fix the issue. More about that here.

If you didn't clean or reset your Switch using unofficial tools, then you'll be good to go, everything should be working just fine. You'll be able to boot into OFW the usual way, just start your Switch normally.

I'd advise against dowgrading your stock firmware unless you know what you're doing and you made NAND backups that @Hayato213 mentioned. As far as I know, there's nothing to be gained from doing that. Just keep your Atmosphere emuNAND on 16.1.0 and grab the latest sigpatches (for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1) and everything should be fine for now.
Yeah. I have removed the whole CFW because I wanted to start again fresh, I installed all kinds of crap and wanted to start over. And so I reformatted the SD card, updated tot 17.0.0, then removed cache and then factory reset on the Switch. So it's on OFW 17.0.0 now. And at first I was like this not my main Switch and I can wait for the fix, but now my girlfriend wants to play Super Mario Wonder on this Switch to see if she likes it. But I think reading all this, there is no other thing than wait since downgrading will probably not work? Or I just buy the game for her, that might be the best option at all.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I rarely downgrade and, even if I do, it's only on my emuNAND which I can recreate even if something goes wrong. I'd suggest creating emuNAND if you have SD card 64 GB or bigger. If not, sysNAND CFW is an option, too, but I generally stay away from doing that as I like to keep my sysNAND clean. As far as I understand, you can dowgrade sysNAND firmware via Daybreak after booting into sysNAND CFW, but the problem is that you won't be able to boot into stock as your fuse count is probably 19 (i.e. one fuse too high for firmware 16.1.0).

Like you said, you can either wait for proper sigpatches for 17.0.0 or just buy the game. It's a pretty good game based on what I've played so far.
If I were you, I'd create an emuNAND CFW by following this guide (I'd recommend getting 256GB microSD card at the very least, smaller than that gets filled up really, really fast), downgrade to 16.1.0 via Daybreak and grab sigpatches for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1.

And, of course, update to 17.0.0 when the time is right (i.e. when proper sigpatches are released). And avoid updating if there are no games requiring higher firmware revision (Super Mario Bros. Wonder apparently requires firmware 16.0.3).

grzyb

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, I have a question if there is any way to reset the hack/mod, I have picofly (everything works normally) with DeepSea but when installing the wrong homebrew version the console crashed and now only boots to OFW. Modchip flashes 2 times orange/yellow light. I had this happen once and nuking + reflashing picofly, formatting the card and system helped. Is there any other method without having to format the SD card? I don't want to lose game saves and have to reinstall all applications, etc.

Kinda noob here

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I rarely downgrade and, even if I do, it's only on my emuNAND which I can recreate even if something goes wrong. I'd suggest creating emuNAND if you have SD card 64 GB or bigger. If not, sysNAND CFW is an option, too, but I generally stay away from doing that as I like to keep my sysNAND clean. As far as I understand, you can dowgrade sysNAND firmware via Daybreak after booting into sysNAND CFW, but the problem is that you won't be able to boot into stock as your fuse count is probably 19 (i.e. one fuse too high for firmware 16.1.0).

Like you said, you can either wait for proper sigpatches for 17.0.0 or just buy the game. It's a pretty good game based on what I've played so far.
If I were you, I'd create an emuNAND CFW by following this guide (I'd recommend getting 256GB microSD card at the very least, smaller than that gets filled up really, really fast), downgrade to 16.1.0 via Daybreak and grab sigpatches for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1.

And, of course, update to 17.0.0 when the time is right (i.e. when proper sigpatches are released). And avoid updating if there are no games requiring higher firmware revision (Super Mario Bros. Wonder apparently requires firmware 16.0.3).
Yeah, I always have used an emuNAND. It just removed it all before updating to 17.0.0, because I wanted to start fresh and did not check if the update was smart, stupid move on my part. But it will be fine soon I guess. Thanks for all the advice for now.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind :), I was stupid, saying the same thing twice. This post can be deleted.
Post automatically merged:

I have clean 17.0.0, but I will make a NAND backup, I always do. And for online I use my second and third Switch Lite. This launch Switch is my CFW baby, haha. So if my fusecount is 19, then I don't have a problem since I never boot into OFW on this Switch anyway. Am I right about this? And if I want to boot in OWF I need Hekate which will be present on the Switch anyways, so this sounds good. But I will check and let you know, in about 3-4 hours. I'm at work now.

Check that you have a boot0/boot1 and a raw nand for the firmware 16.0.3 before proceeding to making a backup of 17.0.0.

Adelherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I followed the exact guide from https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting.html several times but still i get this error message:
IMG_20231023_170759.jpg

Creating the backup and emuMMC really is time consuming ...

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
While that guide up there is pretty good as well, I'd suggest checking this one instead. Make sure that you have latest Hekate and its hekate.bin payload. The guide up there uses a bit older versions so I guess that might be the problem. Which firmware you're on?

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Check that you have a boot0/boot1 and a raw nand for the firmware 16.0.3 before proceeding to making a backup of 17.0.0.
Should be good. This is my 16.0.3 OFW NAND backup. Now hope that the fuses are okay. Otherwise I have to wait, right?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-10-23 174854.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-10-23 174854.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 18

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Fuse count will mismatch for nintendo bootloader so you have to use hekate.
Yup, fuse count is messed up. Just making a OFW 17.0.0 NAND Dump to be safe. What are the next steps? Can I do something or do I have to wait?

Attachments

• 20231023_155739474_iOS.jpg
    20231023_155739474_iOS.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20231023_160110404_iOS.jpg
    20231023_160110404_iOS.jpg
    960.6 KB · Views: 18

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You can downgrade if you want, you will get a fuse mismatch when going through Nintendo bootloader.
Okay, is that safe? And what does that mean? Do I get a popup everytime or is it only visible in Hekate? Can I put the Switch into sleep like always? Sorry for all the questions.

Adelherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While that guide up there is pretty good as well, I'd suggest checking this one instead. Make sure that you have latest Hekate and its hekate.bin payload. The guide up there uses a bit older versions so I guess that might be the problem. Which firmware you're on?
its hekate_ctcaer_6.0.3 from this guide. i wonder if the problem could come that i have to format the sd card before starting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to